It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:54 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I joined this forum because I need some input on my (not unique) situation. First off, I was introduced to OCs about 6 years ago by my boyfriend. Quickly moved on to the cheaper and more easily obtained heroin. Went on like this, high, broke, sick, high again for about 3 years. Then my boyfriend got on the Suboxone program. I had no insurance back then and couldn't have afforded the meds if I had wanted to, so he got his dose upped and started giving me strips out of each Rx. Not the best way to go about it, I know, but it worked. I've been clean from ops for 3 years now. The most I ever used of the subs in a day was 4mg. Brought down to 3 a few months ago, then 2. Last week was my final dose. Sort of. I've been having withdrawals pretty badly for some time now. So my man caved and gave me 1mg of sub. It helped. I'm feeling fine now. But now I'm worried I just started the wds all over again. I seriously can't handle this. I have a very busy lifestyle. School full time, work part time, mom to 2 kids. There isn't much I can do to avoid all that in order to get through this.

So I'm wondering if I just messed everything up by taking that sub. Or will it maybe help me?

I've also been reading a lot about a plant called Kratom that is supposed to help immensely with withdrawals. I ordered some the other day, paid for 2 day shipping, but with Christmas and all that I'm not sure when I'll actually have it. Anyone have any info, experiences with that?

Any other advice/info anyone has to give will be much appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Rose

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry no one answered your question. I think you will get more replys if you copy & paste your questions into the "introductions" thread. Most people don't look here, I think that's why no replys.

I have no experience with stopping but i can tell you what i have read here. First of all 2 mg's is still a high dose to jump from. Crazy right?! With the full plate you have it would be best for you to taper much lower. Some people go to tiny amounts then skip days etc.

Please don't get discouraged and please repost this in introductions so more people see it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:10 pm 

Hey Reaper,
Glad Tiki was here the weclome you.
Im notva Mumper either, but i do know that when stopping suboxone or ant other opiate, its best to Stop.
Meaning that when you take thatc1 mg or kratom you are just delaying the process.
Tapering lower could be a better way of doing this with minimal WD simptoms. The lower and slower the better Reaper.
Its been two days since you posted, how are you doing with it so far?
Also, you can go to the Sub Search box on the forum and over at Dr Junigs Talkzone blog. Many great posts on kratom there too..