It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you all, I will definitely stick around and update you on the progress. I'll induce around Monday afternoon depending the last dose. I'll be taking my last dose of narco today and it be all gone. I'm so ready to do this I feel like sub is the best tool for me to ease the WD with proper use age of it.

Its much better then methadone for me, I remember taking just one 10mg pill of methadone and it got me so sleepy. I was basically nodding out fighting trying to stay up. Its a crazy drug!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:45 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Birdman wrote:
Thank you all, I will definitely stick around and update you on the progress. I'll induce around Monday afternoon depending the last dose. I'll be taking my last dose of narco today and it be all gone. I'm so ready to do this I feel like sub is the best tool for me to ease the WD with proper use age of it.

Its much better then methadone for me, I remember taking just one 10mg pill of methadone and it got me so sleepy. I was basically nodding out fighting trying to stay up. Its a crazy drug!

Ya, methadone is hardcore!!! I remember it making me soooo lazy and I gained a grip of weight on it. Thank God it was only for a short while. Best of luck tomorrow. Let us know how it goes...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Dang sub's work pretty good. For the first time I feel normal without the wd's. The crazy thing is that I only took 1mg which is a good advice from dirtyblonde thank you. This is insane how effective it is, does anyone know how strong sub's are ? Like what 1mg compair too.. :D

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Not to sure but heard its equivalent to morphine. Idk, subs never made me high, just normal. I never realized how strong it really was until I detoxed off subs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

is it common to have a headache when first using subs? :?:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Birdman wrote:
is it common to have a headache when first using subs? :?:

I dunno, it could either be minor precipitated withdrawals, and/or, you took a higher dose than was needed. Many people who have never used opiates get headaches and nausea when first introduced to them, as well as those with some experience, who take something stronger than what they are accustomed to using.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Birdman wrote:
Dang sub's work pretty good. For the first time I feel normal without the wd's. The crazy thing is that I only took 1mg which is a good advice from dirtyblonde thank you. This is insane how effective it is, does anyone know how strong sub's are ? Like what 1mg compair too.. :D

1mg of buprenorphine is equal to about 40 mg of oral morphine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equianalgesic

The chart shows 0.25mg of buprenorphine being equal to 10mg of morphine (oral route), so I did the math.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

D A M N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:47 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

No wonder it took 25 days after sub detox to get rid of the poo stew. Bwhahaha LMFAO!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:50 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Damn that's a lot no wonder I felt a headache never took 1 40 mg dose before. The half life onsubs are 37 hours max? Gezz damn!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Headache is gone now. I took the first dose yesterday at 4pm in the afternoon. Didn't need another dose until 8am this !morning. Its crazy how strong it is still this 1mg still hit me pretty strong. LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When I was on subs I tapered from 8mg to 6 mg and got the 2mg pills. I couldn't take my 3rd 2 mg dose after awhile because I would get a migraine an hour later. I quickly went from 6 mg to 4 mg and the migraines stopped. I went from dosing once a day withthe 8mg to trying to spread 3 doses out during the day with the 2mg pills and it was to much. They are very strong! I almost feel the 2mg are stronger than the 8 mg but thats just me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

the 1mg strip is getting me light headed, I think i should drop to .5mg now. LOL this is crazy how strong these things are wtf.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Man I'm dropping to .5mg tomorrow, feel so nauseated from the 1mg. Could be to strong for me, I can't believe the doctor wantedme to use 8mg strip a day.... That guy is nuts!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:17 pm 

It definitely sounds too strong for you. I would definitely cut back to .5 mg. The trick is to take enough sub to take away the withdrawals and cravings, but take little enough that you are not feeling bad side effects like nausea. Your body will normalize on 1 mg over a few days, but that also bumps up your opiate tolerance which is not optimal.

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:38 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey! Soooo glad to hear that you decided to start at 1mg, and even going to drop from there! It will make a world of difference in the long run! My hydro habit was similar to yours and my doc wanted to start me at 16mg!!!! I took 8 the first day, broken into two doses, and was soooo loaded off them for 2 days!! I quickly went down to about 1.5/2mg after that. I also started experiencing headaches here and there after about a month on sub.

Keep posting and let us know how it's going!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Update,

Yes the .5mg is wayyyyyyyy better for me, still make me little sleepy but definitely not like what 1mg does to me. So I'll finish this week on .5 and see if I can drop more next week!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:54 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Birdman wrote:
Update,

Yes the .5mg is wayyyyyyyy better for me, still make me little sleepy but definitely not like what 1mg does to me. So I'll finish this week on .5 and see if I can drop more next week!

now you see what I was talking about. 4mg of subs will pull a dope addict 1gm mainline usage 2-3 week straight. its that strong, 8 mg would have made you so sick . great work, you should be fine after a week or 2.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

dirtyblonde wrote:
Birdman wrote:
Update,

now you see what I was talking about. 4mg of subs will pull a dope addict 1gm mainline usage 2-3 week straight. its that strong, 8 mg would have made you so sick . great work, you should be fine after a week or 2.

Thanx, I don't understand why the doctor prescribed 8mg when I told him how much narco I was using. I agree the 8mg would of got me so sick. Damn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:00 am 

Many suboxone doctors do what they learn in the seminar they have to take in order to be suboxone prescribers. The seminar is given by the pharmaceutical company that sells suboxone. It benefits the pharmaceutical company to have doctors over-prescribing their drug so we have to buy more of it!

Amy