It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:03 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Just started this new doctor and my drug test is on Thursday...my first one ...I took xanex 24 hours ago and took 5 percocet 5mg ...I had a 2 bundle a day habbit n prior to this slip up I kept up my old ways till Saturday ...last Thursday's when i went...I wasn't in a good living situation and my suboxone was stolen I had some in my wallet to hold me over ...my 2 questions are
1. Can he tell how many suboxones I've taken was prescribed 3 a day havnt taken near that
2. How can I come up clean I really don't want to lose this I'm trying hard to be clean

I'm Hoing to be straightforward and tell him I slipped up a day do you think ill get kicked off he seemed serious n was kinda ticked I came in high in the first place

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hello Tynyg and welcome to the forum! I don't know your doctor obviously so I cant predict what he will do. But I have found that in most cases....these sub docs usually will let one slip up pass. My doctor did. You really cant get benzos out of your system that fast. The percs will be long gone though. You could try telling him that you took them before you even had your first appointment.

I took 5 mg of valium for 2 weeks before my first sub appointment. I tested dirty for benzos for 6 weeks straight!!!! Was your first drug screen positive for benzos? If so, run with that. Say it's just not out of your system yet. I don't know, he should know that it takes a long time for benzos to leave the system. Once I finally had a clean urine, it's been nothing but clean since.

I would also express to him your fear of being booted from the program. I did. I told my doctor the truth....that if I were to lose this opportunity, I will die. Maybe not right away, but eventually it WILL happen. This sub saved my life. And that is the honest to gods truth. I have no idea where I would be right now if it weren't for this opportunity. But I know that it wouldn't be anywhere good.

I know that other members will come along and offer you their opinions and advice too. We have a lot of great members on this forum! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a great weekend![/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just like Kelly said its kind of impossible to know what exactly your doctor will say.

BUT, most of what I hear here, is like she said, at least one 'screw up'
my doctor actually uses the 'three strikes' rule, LOL
but he sorta forgets which 'strike' your on!!!

I also asked my doctor once, about the suboxone 'levels' he says there they just test to see IF there is indeed suboxone, in the urine. that the 'level' test is REALLY expensive, and not very accurate. So, thats all I know about that question.

I believe if you are honest, that will be your best shot. Kelly did have a good idea about the benzos too.
thats what Id go with!!!!!! :wink:

You know, I really cant see a doctor 'kicking you to the curb' if you told them how scared you are to relapse, etc.
muster up some tears if you can, thats always a good touch.

AND GOOD LUCK
I hope you do indeed get to stay in your program, and continue recovery.

Keep us posted, K?

Try to stay positive

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:54 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I agree! I turned on the tears and my dr is working with me. And same with the benzos or any other drug, just say it's not outta your system yet. I also take Benzo's but am prescribed them by a Psychiatrist, sub dr forgets for time to time and I just show her the bottle, I don't always test positive for them since I take them on a PRN (as needed) basis. My dr is real big on coming up positive for any drug thats illegal and benzo's are legal if you are prescribed them even if from another dr.

downing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:47 pm 
Being from a different country to most ya all, I can't help much with doctors and shit. But one thing I can wade in on: if u got bupeprenorphine in ur system, u got it in ur system, they can't tell how much...it used to be a bloody expensive drug to test for full stop ( period) , but actually testing the amount...I can't see it Happening

Good luck

Homer 8)