It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: question i need answered
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi I'm new to forum and had a question to ask. Ivebeen trying to read as many posts as I can and havnt come across anything I was trying to find. Since I am new, I don't know exactly what I can or can't say or ask,but what I was wondering is if all the members on here are only addicted to narcotic pailkillers or if there are any recovering heroin addicts(like myself). I am on suboxone like we all are on here, but for this addict I need to talk to someone "like me". My addiction started with Vicodin and other pain pills until those weren't working for me anymore and over the span of about 10 years got hooked on heroin, thanks to a friend,although now I don't consider that person my friend anymore. If anyone has been or is still going being on heroin I would really like to talk. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

drg74 wrote:
Hi I'm new to forum and had a question to ask. Ivebeen trying to read as many posts as I can and havnt come across anything I was trying to find. Since I am new, I don't know exactly what I can or can't say or ask,but what I was wondering is if all the members on here are only addicted to narcotic pailkillers or if there are any recovering heroin addicts(like myself). I am on suboxone like we all are on here, but for this addict I need to talk to someone "like me". My addiction started with Vicodin and other pain pills until those weren't working for me anymore and over the span of about 10 years got hooked on heroin, thanks to a friend,although now I don't consider that person my friend anymore. If anyone has been or is still going being on heroin I would really like to talk. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

There are quite a few members who were H users, so you're not alone by far. Myself, I never used heroin, it was all prescription meds. I'm sure someone will chime in who was using H. Again, welcome!

Post subject: question answered
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just wanted to thank you for your response to my question. To me it helps knowing I'm not alone. Looking forward to getting in touch with someone. Good nite !

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re: question answered
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

drg74 wrote:
Just wanted to thank you for your response to my question. To me it helps knowing I'm not alone. Looking forward to getting in touch with someone. Good nite !

I'm a junky like you, yeah. So howdy partner 8). So what do you wanna talk about? I'm here if you need anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was a regular heroin user many years ago, back in the day when you were lucky to get 5-7 % purity & went to my first of many treatment centers because of it in 1975. Although the purity has changed i'm sure the "ritual" is still pretty much the same. Back then, I ended up prefering dilaudid over heroin & that's what I was using when I got clean in 1984. After many years clean I relapsed over pain pills & that's all i've been around the last decade or so. If I did use it now it would have to be the smokable version as I have no veins left. Let me know if I can help & good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can certainly understand your desire to find others who have had similiar experiences but as I think anyone can tell you who's done both heroin and prescription opiates the high is really the same, the problems that addiction to opiates cause are the same, the important relationships we lose are the same, and ultimately the emotional/physical/spiritual pain that results is the same. The only difference at least where I live is that heroin is actually a fair amount cheaper and while the onset is obviously quicker when you're shooting/snorting I've found it more beneficial at least in my own personal experience to try and look for the many similiarities I share with other opiate addicts. I know I don't feel like normies, alcoholics, benzo addicts, coke addicts have much in common with me so that only leaves a smaller portion of the estimated 10% of Americans with a chemical dependancy issue, my point being that I think we all stand to gain alot more if we realize how similiar we are as opiate addicts and that way we can hopefully learn from each other's experiences, or at least that's how it's worked for me. I'm really not trying to tell someone else how it is but I'm just saying what my own personal experience has been. I really hope that you're able to get something from suboxforum whether it's from only talking with other heroin addicts, heroin and prescription opiate addicts, or just prescription opiate addicts. From hearing the stories of many others here I've learned that with only a few minor differences it's really like hearing my own life story and ultimately I'm alot more likely to try and help someone who I know has gone through the same hell as I have.

Post subject: thanks Matt2
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I appreciate what you said,Matt2, in your post. Yeah, I guess your right,as I was addicted to both heroin and presribed opiate pills. I think part of it is that my whole life I always was a follower and wanted to be like everyone else. Maybe I just needed to feel like I wasn't alone. You know, like I belong with someone. I don't know if that makes sense or not. I'm not sure if I'm wording it right. Anyways, just wanted to say that I appreciate everyones thoughts,experiance, and other words of encouragement! I know I can't do this alone nor do I want to. Just want to be able to be "happy,joyous,and free"! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

drg I know exactly how you feel. I've always felt like I didn't belong, no matter how hard I tried I never felt as if I were part of "the group". Since I've started to try and reach out to other opiate addicts and started to let others help me that's all changed :) After hearing another opiate addict share his story (my first attempt at treatment, the first lead I'd ever heard) I felt so relieved that someone else knew how I felt, he shared that he'd gone through the same painful experiences in life as I had. The main thing I was trying to convey in my previous post was that you're not alone :D not here at least. I just felt so much comfort knowing that I wasn't alone anymore and that there were others who were able to stop abusing opiates and get back to living life again! So basically I'm just saying welcome and I'm really hoping we can make you feel at home here.