It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:21 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Im a princeton grad, so clarity of mind is very important to me. You dont get into princeton unless you enjoy using ur head, so if anything impaired me or was an impediment to my ability to think clearly and critically, i would try to get off it immediately. Suboxone was just this type of drug that i feared. I couldnt think clearly on it, it gave me panic attacks, and most bothersome was that it seemed to be turning me into a monster/someone i wasnt before starting to take opiates. The kid who shot up tge black ppl in church was on suboxone. Imo it is a terrible drug, pushed by either those with an iq low enough to believe that just because something is newer or was developed more recently (bupe) that it is better than something that has been used for decades (methadone).
I actually stayed away from meth for a while because people badmouthed it and said it was just like suboxone.
(Edited by Amy) Methadone has been a godsend for me. Once ur at a stable dose you arent really getting high. You just feel NORMAL. I feel between normal and good every day. I highly recommend methadone. Full agonists are what you were after all along. Partial agonists like suboxone are prescribed by doctors who think addicts should be punished/ or by doctors who think a full agonist wont work.

Added by Amy: Someone with a clear mind can probably understand that while suboxone was not a good drug for you, that it can still be a good and helpful drug for other addicts. There are people who come here and say the exact same thing about methadone. We don't make those kinds of claims around here, whether one drug is better than the other unless it is clear it is one person's opinion. We also do not allow claims to be posted about the nature of suboxone unless you can back it with scientific evidence, unless it is clear that it is someone's opinion. That is why I deleted a couple sentences.

Please respect the fact that there are hundreds to thousands of people who come to this forum and express all the wonderful things you say about methadone, except that they experience the same on suboxone. I would think that with the epidemic of opiate overdose in this country that you wouldn't be here to discourage the folks who are able to achieve recovery on suboxone.

Also understand that if you choose to leave multiple disparaging posts about suboxone here that you will most likely be banned.

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:17 am 

We clearly support methadone maintenance....notice the whole section for methadone posting. What we don't support is suboxone bashing and that's what ur doing. If methadone is ur choice for recovery then that's wonderful. So please respect this forum and stop the negative commenting about sub and sub doctors. If u think that's unfair, too bad, I don't care and you'll be banned. We don't debate that stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

stewart1 wrote:
I used methadone once in my active addiction because it was all I could find, and I think I remember it got me somewhat high, nothing special though. I'm curious to those on methadone maintenance, does it get you a high at all? I am on subutex, but with methadone being a full-agonist I assumed it still got you high. Or if your on the maintenance does the euphoric feeling just go away after being on it for a while. I am not trying to imply that those on methadone are not working toward recovery, just curious why methadone seems to be phasing out while suboxone is the new opiate maintenance go to drug.

I got off the Methadone and onto Buprenorphine because the methadone tolerance issues at 10 years use (160MG a day down to 3mg) was so bad I went crawling to the mental health clinic looking for help.

I asked the intake nurse if over the last few years if something new had come out that could help my severe WithD symptoms and was told "Oh yes we have a Suboxone Dr"
I said oh yeah I heard of the stuff.

Let me just say I wish I would've crawled my dope sick butt right on past that place.

6 months of super weird mental side effects, massive neck pain and over all restlessness and crawl outta my skin out of it crap.

This stuff at .50 twice a day rules supreme over my life.
Scared Ill never make 30 days off.

Im scrambling to make concentrated cannabis oil and that stuff will settle the legs and help with insomnia.

I will do my best to keep track of my recovery starting in ten days for those interested in my detox and recovery benzo free, medical marijuana is the only thing I will use.

Im the 47 year old who's had RLS since 1973, drs would tell me its just growing pains. hadn't had an opiod until 1983ish

my point is if the CCO settles my legs in acute withdraws and paws it will help a lot of others cause i get RLS BADDDDD lol Disco Dancing under the covers blows

Sorry I'm all over the place this .9ish a day has me super loopy and out of it.

pray for the person suffering, I could use a few prayers