It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay, so I have been on suboxone for about a month now and have been placing the strip, as indicated UNDER my tongue, alternating sides near the base. My brother has been using suboxone for about 3 years (he buys them off the street and does not see a doctor) told me a few days ago that I am placing the strips in the wrong spot! He said I am supposed to put the strip on the big vein on the UNDERSIDE of my tongue because it is absorbed into my blood stream faster. I did this a few times but there seemed to be no difference. IS there a difference?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The vein is irrelevant--- just urban myth. Buprenorphine is absorbed through the oral mucosa-- the lining of all of the mouth and tongue-- and gets into the capillaries just under the surface. Under a microscope, the veins are miles from the surface, with many smaller vessels in between the surface and the veins-- which are also surrounded by dense connective tissue that buprenorphine does not cross.

A new form of buprenorphine is going to the FDA, that absorbs through the lining of the cheek; about twice as much of a dose is absorbed from that form of the medication, than with the film. There are ways to increase absorption of the film as well-- but I think the best way is to keep the film ABOVE the tongue, and out of the current of saliva that constantly flows from under the tongue down the throat: http://www.suboxonetalkzone.com/optimizing-absorption-of-buprenorphine/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you! I didn't think there was a noticeable difference when I tried it his way! I did read your blog but it is not about the strips, it is about the old suboxone and since I am only on .5 mgs and am tapering OFF of suboxone I don't think I want to absorb MORE into my bloodstream. Thanks again!