It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: question about tablets
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:46 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm currently taking the films, 12mg a day, and my insurance is gonna stop paying for them next month, so my Dr. said he's going to be switching me over to tablets. I was just wondering if there's any difference between the two? Like do they take longer to dissolve, do they work just as good as the films? Thanks for any answers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:00 am 

One of our moderators, Michelle, is having to switch from the strips to tablets because of her insurance also. Hopefully she'll see ur thread and comment about her journey with that. Not sure if she's already had to switch yet or not.

There's not supposed to be any difference as far as the medicine goes, so don't worry too much. I've pretty much only taken the strips.... I did take the tablet form about five times and as far as how it dissolves, it seemed a little bit quicker than the strips but gosh someone else would be better to answer that question with more experience with tablets. There's different options in tablet form now and I'm sure you'll be happy regardless.

Just wanted to welcome u to this wonderful forum! There's plenty of information here to help u with whatever u need :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just wanted to jump in and say that my insurance as well stopped covering the Suboxone strips and would only cover Zubsolv. And to be honest I liked the Zubsolv better. It was smaller and the taste was way better (minty). The Absorption rate on zubsolv is better than the sub strips so you don't need to take as much.

Are you switching to the Sub tablets ? or something else? like Zubsolv. If you are switching to the Sub tablets, the medicine is exactly the same and the taste is exactly the same ....orange flavor. I did find that the tablets took longer to dissolve but the effect was the same. So you should not notice any difference.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was under the impression that the RB/Indivior (or whoever may own Suboxone this month) in a pill form was no longer available, and the options were Subutex...Is there a generic 8mg-2mg buprenorphine+naloxone?

I don't know why insurance companies want to yank people around when it comes to a life-saving med like Suboxone. I realize that currently (and until 2024 or something like that) they have a lock-down on another film version coming along that can compete...thanks to the patent BS...they've surely made their initial ROI and a few million more.

Every time I'm reminded of who owned Suboxone initially, I can't help but run my own commercial through my head. It goes like this:

"Now, introducing this life-saving medication...From the people who brought you Lysol - the germ killer ...and Veet - for removal of all that pesky hair...plus, K-Y and Durex for people who want to be safe, but slippery...we bring you Suboxone. It goes under your tongue. Trust us..we didn't mix it in with any personal lube or condom parts...go ahead and try it...
You're an addict, and likely on a downward spiral anyway....you'd likely consume Lysol, Veet, and K-Y to get a buzz, so why not try this stuff we're making?"

Think I could sell my idea to an ad-agency for commercial purposes?

(nothing like a little comic relief to lighten the mood)

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:28 am 

jonathanm1978 wrote:
I was under the impression that the RB/Indivior (or whoever may own Suboxone this month) in a pill form was no longer available, and the options were Subutex...Is there a generic 8mg-2mg buprenorphine+naloxone?

I don't know why insurance companies want to yank people around when it comes to a life-saving med like Suboxone. I realize that currently (and until 2024 or something like that) they have a lock-down on another film version coming along that can compete...thanks to the patent BS...they've surely made their initial ROI and a few million more.

Every time I'm reminded of who owned Suboxone initially, I can't help but run my own commercial through my head. It goes like this:

"Now, introducing this life-saving medication...From the people who brought you Lysol - the germ killer ...and Veet - for removal of all that pesky hair...plus, K-Y and Durex for people who want to be safe, but slippery...we bring you Suboxone. It goes under your tongue. Trust us..we didn't mix it in with any personal lube or condom parts...go ahead and try it...
You're an addict, and likely on a downward spiral anyway....you'd likely consume Lysol, Veet, and K-Y to get a buzz, so why not try this stuff we're making?"

Think I could sell my idea to an ad-agency for commercial purposes?

(nothing like a little comic relief to lighten the mood)

Bwaaahaaahaaahaaa!!! LMAO!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:37 am 

Hello CoolB,
There are several different products of this med. The Sub film, two generic tablets of bupe/nal. One generic monobupe tablet also known as Subutex.
Also to other products that have a quicker absorption rate,Zubsolv and Bunaval. All of these taken correctly should do the trick for you. No need to worry.
Good luck to you..

Razor..