It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:28 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Each state has it's own set of laws pertaining to treatment with Suboxone and its guidelines.
Does anyone have a list of the of Ohio, West Virginia, or Kentucky laws for treatment.
Basically I am asking for rules for how a facility operates.
Guidelines for example,
minimum amount of Drug screens per month, maximum amount of medicine per day, cost per month.
I am curious if there has been any recent changes to the guidelines for these 3 states in particular.
I am concerned that each individual facility is,
well,
making up their own rules.
Nothing against where I go, I choose to follow their rules to be treated. I have a good Dr's office, but some may not have it so lucky.

Is there a difference between a Dr's office rules and a clinic( Methadone and Suboxone Clinic)
I am curious if anyone else has had any recent changes to their place of choice?

We could do a state by state list and keep up with the new changes. and compare what we are experiencing. Rumors included! lol

I am confused about why there are so many different rules for each state.
Example,
I can only get a 2 week prescription and have to get another drug screen before getting the 2nd, 2 week prescription for the month. I was getting 2 weeks and a refill per month with 1 drug screen per month and 1 Dr. visit. It costs me $350.00 per month

Is this a new law or is it the facility's new rule?(Ohio)
Am I getting singled out?(Never failed a drug screen and been a model patient)
I have been given no reason to think I am singled out.
Am I right, is it just the facilities rules? What are the real rules for Suboxone?
Why is it so hard to get equal rights about it?
Why is it such a taboo thing?(kind of harsh but that's how I feel)

Any input would be great!
Happy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sorry, can't help with your three states but would think Minnesota is similar. We do not have specific Rules but are encouraged to follow the SAMSA guidelines for treatment.
Is there a difference between a Dr's office rules and a clinic( Methadone and Suboxone Clinic
If a federally licensed methadone clinic is using Suboxone as well, the Sub patients are under the same restrictions as the methadone patients, IE screens, daily dosing, limited take aways and counseling.
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/kar/201/009/270.htm Sorry about the tiny font.
Here's Kentucky's rules recently enacted. I wouldn't have to modify my practice much to be in compliance, the important thing is documenting what is happening and what is the plan.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:13 pm 

Thank u docm for that info, my clinic is in Kentucky, so that's good info to have.

Happy, I'm sure every Dr and clinic has certain guidelines to follow, but I'd also assume that they each have their own way of doing certain things too. Like my clinic has u start out every week and one week of meds. Then after 3 months u go every 2 weeks and get ur meds every 2 weeks. Then 3 months after that u go monthly and get ur meds once a month. But if u feel like ur not really ready to go monthly, they'll let u stay at 2 weeks or 1 week. Before u get ur script, u do a drug screen. We also do the suboxone meetings that way also and every time we attend a meeting, we do a drug screen. I'm sure that's not how all clinics do it in my area because I've talked to ppl who's clinic is completely different. So I think it's just up to the individual place as far as those certain type of rules. I have no idea about a regular doctor office, I would have to travel an hr or so for that so I stick with what I'm used to and all in all I really like my clinic and how they do things mostly.

I also pay 350 a month plus my meds and it definitely becomes costly. But I look at it positively because I'd do or pay whatever I could to have my life bk. I hope that gives ya a little insight on the differences each individual place has, I'm sure others have more freedom or less with their doctors. Have a wonderful day!!!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:51 pm 

Hi All, I was asking about this on another thread. The guidelines seem different in each state. Here in NJ, I met with my Doctor for the first time for about 50 minutes. It was 200.00 dollars and I left with a script for a month's worth of suboxone. We set a date to meet for the following month. She gave me her cell number and told me to call if I had any problems. This doc was a well known and well respected internest in the area for years before she retired from that practice. We have met once monthly for the past year at 100.00dollars a month. She always gives me a script for the month. I have weaned myself down to 8mgs per day from 24 mgs. Each time I inform her of a drop, she is so proud of me and very supportive. She knows I have a back up supply and has even mentioned that it was good to have in case I could not make it to see her. The pharmacy is great and usually has my mgs in stock. Funny story, I use a pharmacy that is not our regular pharmacy as a way of privacy. Our regular pharm is in my hometown where I know just about everyone. So, I go into the "foreign" pharmacy and the woman asks for my address. So, she says " I live right around the block from you, do you know so and so?" The so and so happened to be one of my closest friends! She then starts to talk about all the alcohol and drug experimenting she did as a teenager. LOL Well, so much for discretion! So, my experience with suboxone and my doctor has been wonderful! When I read about some of the hoops people have had to jump through, I can't believe it!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I live in NY. About 45 minutes north of the city on the train. My doc was awesome. He met me on a Sunday to induct me! I paid $200 for the first visit and he spent close to 4 hours with me. He gave me him home and cell. I should mention we work in the same building and knew each other before I told him I was addicted to pain pills and asked him for help. He gave me a script for one month. I have paid $125 a month. They take urine on my appointment only. I know the office will check more often if someone is having problems. We also have to do private therapy or use a weekly support group.

Unfortunately, I have to change offices. My doc has someone covering for an extended time and I am not comfortable with the covering doc. She lives in Manhattan and I have concerns about her driving north to see us. She is only available one day a week most weeks and it's very hard to get in touch with her when she is not in the office. If I need surgery or other medical care, I don't feel confident I could reach her. When I say us I mean all the patients.

I will post again to let you know what I find with other sub providers.

Leave it to happy to get me talking! You super doper poster lol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I like Michelle was being seen in Jersey, and I also saw my dr once a month and was given a months script w/ no refills. I had a urine screen everytime I went. I think this is an fda regulation, but Michelle said she did not have any? My dr was also just a family dr. It was not a clinic. When I moved to a diff state, I found the dr I saw there was thinking and feeling A LOT diff than my old dr. So I have wondered too how it varies by state.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:19 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks for every ones input!
From what I have gathered, the CEO of the establishment I go to is from Kentucky!
So, has he just brought how he runs his Kentucky offices to Ohio?
I just couldn't figure out the sudden change for me. I don't think I have done anything wrong. All my drug screens have came back clean, so I don't understand the change. My previous drug screen( 2 weeks ago) I was questioned if I was taking an anti-depressant? I don't, but when I mentioned that I take Gabapentin, the nurse said, "Oh, that's it"!
What would Gab change on a drug screen? The only thing I could find is that it would raise my Creatine level. So I don't know what is going on. I guess they just want to watch me a little closer! lol
Thanks everyone and please keep posting the laws for your state. Everyone can use this information.
Happy