It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi everyone, I was wondering how long it typically takes from the time you start taking suboxone, till you actually feel well enough to funtion normally and are able to go back to work, do normal things, ect? I have been tapering for ten days from a long use of pain killers. I have been so sick I havent been able to bearly even get out of bed. I am just trying to get an idea of when I might be able to get back to work after starting suboxone. Which I plan on probably doing in the next day or two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:59 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi mystery

I just started suboxone almost a week ago. I felt great on the same day i did my induction and even went to work 2 hours later and worked a 12 hour day. The second day however i did not feel nearly as good i had a terrible headache and just felt blah (not like withdrawl sick just like a bad hangover sick) now on day 6 i feel fine but not nearly as good as i did when i took my pills though lol.

hope that helps let me know if you have any questions and be sure to post your progess it helped me and everyone here is super friendly and will help you along the way.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:29 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

when you 1st start out to much Suboxone will make you throw-up , insomnia is another issue, it took me maybe 3 days to figure out how much Suboxone to take and about 2 weeks to stabilize on it ... My Dr had me break a 8mg pill in half and told me to take the 1st half when I got it which was noonish and take the last half 2 hrs before bed, I was throwing up all nite ( way to much Suboxone ) .. I only needed 4 mg .. I never lost 1 hr of work, Mike

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Some people can go to work the same day as their induction, they feel so well. For others it may take a few days to stabilize. It just depends on how quickly the appropriate dose is ascertained. And the appropriate dose depends on each individual and their unique addiction history including their opiate tolerance. So in short, it just depends. Good luck with your induction!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey mystery dude,

Within 35 to 45 minutes of taking my first dose of Suboxone, I felt great!! I had switched from about 150mg of Hydrocodone per day to an 8mg Suboxone pill. The 8mg pill was very close to being too much. I'd say with all the tapering you're already doing to start out with a low dose of Suboxone, then work your way up as you need. Maybe start at 2mg or 4mg??

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It only took a few days for me...and I switched from methadone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on Suboxone (12 mg for )12 days. The first day I felt so good. I have not felt like that since. I have bad headaches everyday (why I started taking pills in the first place). I seem to be doing a little better but my anxiety is terrible. I just have to tell myself this is so much better than worrying, obsessing about and chasing pills. I'm not sure about my dose. I am going to tell the doctor all of this on Saturday and maybe it needs to be adjusted. I have never regretted getting on it and I don't think you will either. Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Long-time H user...whenever I would get sick and take a suboxone, I usually felt fine within an hour. Never missed work.