It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Question about payment
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So, to make a long story short I have been taking suboxone illegally from my mother's prescription for the past five years or so after my state insurance ran out and I realized I can't live sober/clean without it. Well, I finally went back to school and have a good job as a CNA, (and just got a big raise too!), so I decided to find my own doctor. I have an appointment tomorrow but I don't get paid til next week. I am totally good for paying the entire cost of the doctor's visit and since I'm already on a steady dose of 4mg a day I don't see why I'd have to do through with the induction since it's to figure out your proper dose and they know my history of taking it illegally and I've always found 4mg a day to be perfect for me, so that should save me some money and I have enough of my mother's she gave me to last til I get paid and can buy my own prescription so the question my round about way of asking is this: Do you think they can wait til I get paid for me to pay them for the visit or will they want payment in full at time of service? This is a private office who doesn't accept state insurance. I know every place is different, I'm just asking based on people's general experience with such matters. Thank you!

My sweet girls; Hermione & Ginny. My little adopted fur-babies since summer 2013! ^__^

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:34 pm 

Hey Skayda,

Welcome back to the forum! Just based on what I've read here over the years, I would say that the doctors office would probably want the payment at the time of service.

Why don't you call and explain? Or is there anyone who could lend you some money until payday? If not, I guess you're going to continue to take your mothers script until you can pay for it yourself. Do you even know how much it is going to cost?

Sorry it's not the answer you were hoping for. I'm just trying to be a realist. But I'm also a big believer in the power of words. Talk to them and see if arrangements can be made. Be as sweet as you can be.

Good luck,

rule

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

rule62 wrote:
Hey Skayda,

Welcome back to the forum! Just based on what I've read here over the years, I would say that the doctors office would probably want the payment at the time of service.

Why don't you call and explain? Or is there anyone who could lend you some money until payday? If not, I guess you're going to continue to take your mothers script until you can pay for it yourself. Do you even know how much it is going to cost?

Sorry it's not the answer you were hoping for. I'm just trying to be a realist. But I'm also a big believer in the power of words. Talk to them and see if arrangements can be made. Be as sweet as you can be.

Good luck,

rule

Thank you! I'm not worried about the prescription cost, I have enough of my mom's to last me a few days past payday. It's just the doctor visit cost. Yes, I do know the cost of the visit. It will be $180 and I have $300 in the bank so I will be able to cover that. I just wondered if they'd wait it up front. So I guess it's a good thing the bank opens an hour before my appointment. Lol.

And Thank you on welcoming me back. I know it's been awhile. I've been working, staying clean and living a good life since I was last here. Actually my life has been taken over by two little baby squirrels I rescued last summer. Even if I wanted to slip up there'd be no time between work, family and squirrel care! Lol!

My sweet girls; Hermione & Ginny. My little adopted fur-babies since summer 2013! ^__^

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

rule62 wrote:
Hey Skayda,

Good luck,

rule

Hi! I wanted to update you, and anyone else reading this, about what happened at my appointment today. Well, the person I spoke with was really cool and understanding and I only had to play $100 up front and said since I'm already in steady Suboxone maintenance I didn't need to go through the induction stage so that won't cost me anything. The only thing I have to pay for other than the prescription itself, (which will be either seven of the 8mg generic tablets for two weeks or fourteen for a month depending on their level of prescribing comfort since I'm new there), is the Dr. Visits; $100 a visit, monthly catch-up with counselor; $75 an hour and weekly group therapy; $50 an hour and it's 2 hours so $100, which I will do once a week for the first month then just once or twice a month. So the first month will be spendy but then it will get better, cost wise. So, after I've proved myself worthy to them, in a few months my cost for treatment, besides the medication, will be about $300. Plus between $50-$100 for my medication depending on duration of supply; monthly, weekly or biweekly.

So they said they can help me with a payment plan and they have lesser rates for the uninsured. So happy to finally be doing this right and not have to worry about being subject to the state welfare suboxone treatment program, which only covers a year, two if you have special documents signed, etc.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:02 pm 

Thanks for the update. We love good news.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

rule62 wrote:
Thanks for the update. We love good news.

Welcome. Me too! Now I'm just waiting for them to call me back with an appointment time to see one of their doctors. Yesterday at my assessment the woman told me she would speak with both of their doctors about me and figure out which one would be the best fit for my situation and call me with news and date/time I can come in to speak with them and get my first legitimate suboxone prescription in five or so years. She said she would call me around 6pm last night but she didn't so I called them about an hour ago and asked if she could give me a call ASAP. The secretary said she would pass on the message. My anxiety level is nearly to my shoulders and have to try and tell myself to relax, be logical, if they weren't going to take me on as a client they wouldn't have told me they could help me. They would have said right up front that they don't think they are right for me, right? They are a small private office so they are probably busy screening people left and right. Well, I have no criminal background, there's no one forcing me to do this i.e. parole, family, etc, and I will pay cash for everything on time, the latter I know I'll have to prove over time, and I'm willing to do anything they tell me to do without question. So, I think I'd make a pretty good client. I guess all I can do is wait and see.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:29 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Be patient and don't worry. I can assure you that a small practice as you describe, assuming it's decent, is doing all they can to get back to people as possible. It may not be immediate, but it will happen.

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.