It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay so I did my intake this past Wednesday and she told me some doctors wants your system to be clean when you come in to see him before he prescribe if your medicine so I was seeing if anyone here had any issues with that because what's the point you're going into the program then if you can just detox on your own you know, it's very hard to not take anything so my friend gave me a sub and I don't know if they test for that or if they won't treat me on my appointment Wednesday because it's in my system please help????

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:41 pm 

Welcome to the forum, Marilyn!

Different doctors have different rules. Mine had me wait 60 -72 hours before induction! It could be that the doctor wants you to be ready for induction at that appointment and can't do it unless you are in withdrawals.

But stacking buprenorpnine on top of buprenorphine, is not dangerous. I hope that your doctor can be reasonable about it and utilize common sense!

When you set up the appointment did they say that you could get one of many doctors? Is it possible to ask to see one of their more flexible doctors?

I'm sorry you're going through this.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:48 pm 

Hello Marilyn, welcome to our geeat forum. Congratulations on starting your new life on Suboxone.
From what you have said here there may be some misunderstanding s . What Drs want to start induction is for the new patient (you) to be in moderate wd to begin the process. This is what "she" must have meant. Who is this She person? Nurse, caseworker?...
If you have begun "Sub on the Street" as we call it, just tell your dr the truth on what you ve taken and your history of use with opiates.
Im sure everything will work out well weds. There is are plenty of people who start there recovery with Suboxone already in there system. Just be truthful. .
Also, maybe you would like to tells us more about yourself in the Introduction forum. If you want to..

Best of luck, and if you have more questions just ask, ok?

Razor

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm sorry yes ma'am she is a nurse at the facility I went to and she said there is multiple doctors and I'm not sure if I can choose or not but I will ask first thing Wednesday morning when I go in, and you're right being honest will probably be my best bet but I was treated once before with suboxone about two and a half years ago in Florida would I be able to get my records from CVS and just play it off that way as it was my old prescription or something or just be honest? I just don't want to screw myself because these past few days have been hard enough I don't want to have to go any longer than I already have two because it gets pretty intense and I'm ready to get started so I can complete this program and put this all behind me finally.. and thank you guys so much for responding

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Also they are having me do the program that is called partial hospitalization program and counseling which is the program I go to Monday through Friday from 9 to 2 for two weeks and I can stay longer if I want or the doctor feels I need it then I can too so could that Maybe by they want you to be clean too because there is other people that will be there that are addicts that are already clean and on the Suboxone, I don't know it's all confusing and I don't know how it works but hopefully everything will go good Wednesday I've been waiting for a long time too feel like I'm actually ready and wanting this and I really do I can't wait to feel and be normal again finally

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:22 pm 

They will have a system for you to follow. Just listen to them. There the professionals.
Do not worry about making up an old story. Forget about all of that. Like Ive said, be truthful. This is Your new start.
Follow there direction Marilyn.
Plus, they will assign your a Dr. There isnt anything for you to choose from or for.
You will find all your answers on Weds. Try to relax and just know that your doing the right thing now for yourself.

Let us know how it goes please..

Razor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you so much you are awesome you don't even know me and you care about the situation and everything really thank you so much I will keep you guys updated for sure I think everything should be fine and finally things will be good again.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Having support on this site and the counselors and all there too is amazing and it's helping me so much more than I thought it would.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:39 am 

That's what we're here for! :)

I'm glad you will be updating us about your appointment. I so hope it goes well!

Amy