It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Puking blood
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:09 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Last night I done what would be the size of a match head of a suboxone strip via IV. I had not done any drugs what so ever for over a week including suboxone. My mouth started to get very dry so I started drinking ice water. After about 3 cups I became sick and went to the bathroom to puke. I puked up all the food I had ate that day then started to puke up the water I had drank. I had a friend come to get me and I went to her house. I took 3 shots of vodka and became sick again. I puked up the vodka first but after I puked all that up I started to puke bright red blood. I puked 3 mouth fulls of pure blood in to the toilet. This is the first time this has happened and it has me worried that I may have something serious going on. I had her take me home and debated on going to the hospital. I decided not to and just went to bed. I did not get sick anymore and fell a sleep. I woke up today and feel fine. Should I still go get checked? Please do not bash me for being a IV user I know I should not do it and telling me is not going to change anything. I only need educated responses. Thanks for you time and input for people that are truly only wanting to help.

Post subject: Re: Puking blood
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I guess depending on what your history is on what kind of drugs you did prior to iv'ing subs. Puking blood is never a good thing. You might have a bleeding ulcer. I would go see if there is something wrong with your stomach at the doctor.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, if it were me I would definitely get it checked out.

I don't see how it would have been related to the subs you took yesterday, except that they were probably the reason you started vomiting to begin with.

It could be an ulcer or it could be something more serious. Go get it checked.

Q

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:53 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have done alot of drugs in my life. I've began smoking weed when I was 10 and drinking around 13. Started doing pain pills at 16 and never stopped. Experimented with meth and heroine but never kept with them. But mostly pills (oxycodone) and drinking heavily. Just started IVing 2 years ago. Good chance i have hep C but have not been diagnosed. I went to jail in may of 2013 and got out oct 31. I've been clean off of pills ever since. But i have done very tiny pieces of suboxone. As stated above no bigger than a match head. That and drinking is all i've done in the passed 9 months. I only use once a week. But I drink 3 to 4 times a week. I'm starting to think I may have liver problems from hep c and drinking that may be causing this. I'm 29 years old and have been destroying myself for a long time. I guess it's all finally catching up to me. Thanks for your guys input and not judging me as alot of people like to do on these things. I guess the party is finally over and ive came to the point either stop or die.
lol it was fun while it lasted i gave it one hell of a run. I'm scared to go to the hospital but i know i should if i decide to i will update you guys and let you know the verdict.

"When life gives you lemons squeeze the juice in a spoon and mix with crack."
-Malice-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

No judgment here Malice. We have all done things we aren't proud of. Just keep in mind this is a recovery forum, although we don't judge you for anything you have done, our responses to you will probably lean toward the direction of trying to convince you to get sober.

Have you given any thought to trying to get into a suboxone program and use it to get yourself out of active addiction? It sounds like you just might be to the point that you are ready to give it a shot. Suboxone can change your life for the better, or should I say it can give you a shot at having a real life for a change.

Taking a dose of suboxone every day that is large enough to keep you out of WD and keep the cravings away would be so much better than chasing that high you feel like you need right now. Just give it some thought ok?

Either way, let us know how your doctor visit goes. I hope everything is fine, it could just be an ulcer, you never know.

Be well,

Q

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:05 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't mean to insult you, but my thought in response to 'I'm puking up bright red blood.... do you think I should see a doctor?' was 'ya THINK?!!!'

Seriously.... your symptoms sound like a Mallory-Weiss tear of the esophagus-- an injury that can happen from vomiting. Blood from an ulcer in the stomach or duodenum usually appears dark brown or black, like coffee grounds, because of the effects of acid (and time). Bright red blood is fresh bleeding-- so you don't want to just go to bed and hope it stops.

There are times when bleeding from the esophagus is VERY dangerous--- for example in chronic alcoholics who have cirrhosis, which leads to 'varices' (which are like big hemorrhoids, but in the esophagus). Rupture of varices can be fatal.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:44 am 
New Poster
New Poster

tl-dr regarding all the answers, sorry. And so maybe I'm repeating somebody here:
You probably had a Mallory-Weiss syndrom (a small superficial crack of the lower oesophagus).
Was your stool black the day after?
If so, it was that, most likely. Since this was I the past, I'm too late to give you advice but for other interested folks, my advice is to have your doc prescribe you Panthozol, a proton pump inhibitor which reduces stomach acidification, for a few weeks. If any of you feel weak or even close to fainting, go to the hospital asap. They will help you efficiently - in bad cases they will transfuse you with donor blood (in case you lost a lot of blood, like e.g 2 liters). Get well!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:33 pm 

Hi, Yes, I can tell you bright red blood is a rupture or tear of the esophagus. I am a very rough vomitter so it has happened to me! I have also ruptured blood vessels in my face as a result of vomiting. After gastric bypass surgery, I had a bleeding ulcer. That blood was darker red like cranberry juice. I will repeat what everyone has said...go to the doctor! Please, get yourself checked out!