It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi all!

I have all good things to say now: I am three years clean and sober from a pain pill addiction and Suboxone and therapy helped me through it ever step of the way. After a long and sometimes tiresome journey I finally managed to scrap together enough money to get everything I need in order to go back to work as a Registered Nursing Assistant. After looking for work for almost the same amount of time as I've been clean, I finally got offered a position at an AFH. I went through the eight hour training with another caregiver and it's not a job I would have felt "safe" accepting in active addiction because they care for chronic Cancer and dementia clients there and have schedule II and III narcotics on the premises. But, I can honestly say that my interest in them, while I was helping the other caregiver get the meds ready for the clients while I was there, was absolutely zero percent to the point where I forgot about them until I remembered about this forum a couple of days later and then was reminded that I wanted to post another positive thing regarding Suboxone treatment, etc. I am so grateful for the makers of Suboxone and my group of people in out-patient therapy with me that have helped me come far enough in my recovery that I can shove any would be temptation far away from me and work at a job I used to love before my addiction and I'm sure I will love again now that I'm back to it. Plus, being a caregiver is recession proof in this job market so there's that. I did not get hooked on the pain meds from being around patients with them, I never had to steal them because I had friends who'd give them to me for free, but those people are no longer my friends. Anyway, it really does work, Suboxone and therapy! I love life so much, if that's not too cliche to say, and now my thoughts are pretty much fixated on getting a Kindle Fire or an iPad 2 with the money I will be making from my new job. I guess you could say my new addiction is new computer/tablets/electronic doo-dads. Lol! The idea of playing with and owning a brand new state of the art tablet pc thrills me in much the same way that opiates used to do before. One was a crushing, horrible addiction. The other is a borderline celebrity crush/hobby! Right now I have a Velocity Micro Cruz Tablet T301 and an iPod Touch 4g. The latter of which I am using to write this post with. :)

Sincerely,

~Ami

~Ami

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Ami. It's always refreshing to hear from people who want to report they're doing well and grateful to be in recovery, and glad to be / have been on Sub. And there's something about being in a job where you're helping other people that can only do good for your own recovery, even if you're working around opioids.

What kind of group therapy are you doing?

iPad has more features than a kindle fire and u could sync it more easily with your ipod. And the iPad 3 is coming out this month too. If you like your cruzer's android OS, this year there's going to be a Google Play pure android tablet for $200, that they call an ipad killer. But I hear android bookshop isn't as stocked up. But I'm still an android fiend.

Gadgets were always the first thing to go when I'd relapse :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Me too! plait on my fire and iPhone all day

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tearj3rker wrote:
Hey Ami. It's always refreshing to hear from people who want to report they're doing well and grateful to be in recovery, and glad to be / have been on Sub. And there's something about being in a job where you're helping other people that can only do good for your own recovery, even if you're working around opioids.

What kind of group therapy are you doing?

iPad has more features than a kindle fire and u could sync it more easily with your ipod. And the iPad 3 is coming out this month too. If you like your cruzer's android OS, this year there's going to be a Google Play pure android tablet for $200, that they call an ipad killer. But I hear android bookshop isn't as stocked up. But I'm still an android fiend.

Gadgets were always the first thing to go when I'd relapse :?

To me, anything with a battery and a screen is an iPad killer..but I digress...

I bought an Acer A500 10.1" 32gb tablet and I LOVE it. First thing I did....ROOT and custom ROM!

I've already been running my phone rooted and custom ROM on it, and soon I guess I'll be getting an EVO 4G LTE (the new EVOs, instead of those that were first released that won't work with Sprint's new 4g set-up)...

I'm big into gadgets myself...we have a kindle fire, but that belongs to my daughter ..then an Acer laptop that I use for my computer-work job that I do from time to time..but I'm constantly teaching myself new things about the tablets/phones running Android.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi it sounds Luke we have a lot on common! I'm a cna too and am nit on suboxone yet but go a week from today
I am so excited. Are you still doing well in it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:10 pm 
Your not in recovery..your new addiction is suboxone....suboxone is opiat addiction in super slow motion...suboxone takes years to become fully dependent on but once your there it's 100 times harder to get off of....it's realy simple I don't understand what people don't get about this pill it's a normal opiat addiction in slow motion so if you stop taking it b4 you become fully dependent witch takes 2-5 years with suboxone it's easy to stop using....if you wait longer than a few years than your fucked...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:20 am 

Dmackattack: I need to tell you that you are breaking rules of the forum. We encourage different opinions and want to hear about peoples' experiences, but we also follow these rules stated at the top of the forum:

If you are not yet a member of the forum, please sign up and join us in our discussions. Membership is absolutely free. I only ask that you remember the following rules of this forum:

This forum is for people who have made their choice whether it be for Suboxone, for Methadone, or for meetings and no medication. While I recognize that some readers are not yet at the end of that choosing process, I ask that they read the information and make their decision without encouraging debate on the forum.
PLEASE Do not get into debating which is better-- such debates never change minds, and often introduce false information that clouds intelligent decision-making.
Show the respect for the decisions of others and avoid personal attacks.

Telling Ami that she is not in recovery is not showing respect for her and her decisions. This forum is not a place for debating whether or not people should be on suboxone.

I have read your multiple posts and respect your reasons for disliking suboxone based on your experience. I even appreciate the warning that the efficacy of suboxone might change over time for some. But please keep the above rules in mind when you post.

Thank you.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:13 am 
AMY mayby you should bother dr j about this as he has made statements on this site about the differance between recovery of addictin and remission of addiction. he made it clear that suboxone is not recovery but rather putting addiction in remission so if its ok for dr junig to say it than I'm not gunna have you jumping on me because you disagree with my other opinions....there's no attack here I'm not barakeing any rules...I am on suboxone I am pro suboxone ,but I believe it should be used short term and that long term use has detrimental effects I am entitled to my opinion!........Honestly lady Gimmie a break here I am trying to help her as much as you are we can have diff of opinions here ... Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dmack, drop the charade, Bud. We're onto ya. You say you're pro Suboxone.....you're pro Suboxone as long as everybody takes it exactly the way you say it should be taken and for exactly how long you say they should.....that's not pro Suboxone, that's pro your opinion.

We've all been given the "chicken little, the sky is falling" routine here before, but now you're just a broken record about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lol. Suboxone rules!

Unless you don't follow my rules of addiction.

-DMack MD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:21 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I can really relate to the spending of money on things other then opiates and being happy with that. I spent thousands on painkillers. It sickens me to even say that but I'm starting to finally get over it by getting the things I love and thinking about all the money I am making and saving with out feeling like I am slave of working to make money that I'd use to buy drugs. It's like I was working just to pay for drugs. It is crazy to think about now. Nowadays I'm collecting rare vinyls and spending money on my many musical instruments and appliances and going to concerts. It is great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can relate to the money thing too. I picked up a second job to pay for my addiction back in the day. So glad I don't have to do that anymore. Its nice to have money now that I no longer spend every dollar on Vicks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:11 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Suboxone saved my life, my business (so far), and Ya, I do have money for other fun things too. I've become a master gardener so thongs are hoppin at my place now. Love spring! I have a addiction to t j Maxx now. Can't resist a deal on polo shirts.life is good as I continue on work on myself though meetings, talking with and helping other addicts the best I can, and therapy once a month. I don't have a plan to jump or taperany further at this point. Hanging at 6mgs for now.. wish I'd found the recovery world sooner.. :-):-)