It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

There seems to be a whole lot of people who judge everyone and everything else based solely on their own personal experiences and observations and assume that what works for them or whatever their opinion maybe, must be applicable to everyone else. I understand why this is the case; however, I wish everyone, while making their judgments and casting their opinions, could simply consider that we are all different, and to consider for a moment, the possibility that someone else's opinion may actually be true for that person.

I am on 16mg/day maintenance, have been for 2 years, without any desire to increase my dosage or to abuse my meds in any way. In that time, I have never missed a day of work, my child's school event, Church, or anything else. I make an excellent salary while my job helps other people, I pay taxes at all levels of gov't, pay all my bills on time, mow my yard and clean my house, and have been happily married for 12 years. My kids are well fed, well clothed and are in need of nothing. I have several underlying health problems which, without pain management of some sort, would be incapacitating and I would be out of work and on disability or worse. There is no cure for what I have, and what I have is not a self inflicted disease, it is inherited.

Why, do so many, wish to deny me my quality of life? I also must take daily medicine for blood pressure and cholesterol, why are these acceptable, but pain management frowned upon? Perhaps I am a slave to big pharma, but if there were some other cure I would take that path, but for now there isn't. I will eventually be handicapped to a point where I can no longer move or function, until then, why is it a sin or a crime for a little orange pill to enable me to be a functioning citizen and play with my children?

Just some thoughts I wanted to share with everyone. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just had to say,,,,,,,,,,

I TOTALLY agree with ''terryx''
And, feel the same way on alot of what they said ^^^^^^^^^^

THANK YOU for saying it :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

terryx wrote:
There seems to be a whole lot of people who judge everyone and everything else based solely on their own personal experiences and observations and assume that what works for them or whatever their opinion maybe, must be applicable to everyone else. I understand why this is the case; however, I wish everyone, while making their judgments and casting their opinions, could simply consider that we are all different, and to consider for a moment, the possibility that someone else's opinion may actually be true for that person.

I am on 16mg/day maintenance, have been for 2 years, without any desire to increase my dosage or to abuse my meds in any way. In that time, I have never missed a day of work, my child's school event, Church, or anything else. I make an excellent salary while my job helps other people, I pay taxes at all levels of gov't, pay all my bills on time, mow my yard and clean my house, and have been happily married for 12 years. My kids are well fed, well clothed and are in need of nothing. I have several underlying health problems which, without pain management of some sort, would be incapacitating and I would be out of work and on disability or worse. There is no cure for what I have, and what I have is not a self inflicted disease, it is inherited.

Why, do so many, wish to deny me my quality of life? I also must take daily medicine for blood pressure and cholesterol, why are these acceptable, but pain management frowned upon? Perhaps I am a slave to big pharma, but if there were some other cure I would take that path, but for now there isn't. I will eventually be handicapped to a point where I can no longer move or function, until then, why is it a sin or a crime for a little orange pill to enable me to be a functioning citizen and play with my children?

Just some thoughts I wanted to share with everyone. Thank you.

Excellent points. I'm just stoked that after 7 years on methadone and 5 years of smoking tar heroin that an obscure root bark from africa completely removes the one thing that keeps all of us running for some kind of governmental fix. Also for some reason when you come out of the brutal ibogaine experience, your left with this feeling like you want to share this knowledge of ibogaines mere existence with eveyone who it may actually free from the chains of opiate slavery. I didnt mean to call anyone here a slave. But thats what I felt like I was, a slave. A slave first to the heroin and then a patronized slave by the methadone clinics.
Also $350.00 for 100g. of root bark isnt alot of money compaired to month after month of methadone or suboxone. Sure it's $2000.00 and up if you go to the clinics in the legal areas of the world (which are increasing in their numbers quickly).
I have several friends on suboxone and they are all content with their situation, mostly due to someone else paying for their overpriced medication, but I know almost every opiate addict didnt mean to become addicted to their opiate of choice that led them to whatever stage of addiction they happen to be in at this time.
So if I can simply reintroduce the option of ibogaine, or for some, introduce the stuff, out of an honest desire to help anyone with keeping clean from being so scared of the sickness opiate addiction brings along with it, I will mention that ibogaine TA has not only worked for myself but my wife as well. Maybe were special. Maybe some people do get psychosis from ibogaine.
I've never heard of anyone having these problems and would'nt recommend it if I thought there was even the slightest chance of psychosis.
I guess you just need to weight your lifes options and goals, and when a drug is supposed to be helping you is sevral times more expensive than the street drugs that led them to their addiction...well, thats when I see a problem for me jumping onboard. Plus this one time I had court in one town 40 miles away, and my methadone clinic was 40 miles away in the opposite direction, and after a friend of mine gave me several subs and I took one ..... well, you know what happens to uninformed idiots that do that shit with suboxone... instant withdrawal that nothing would quell. So maybe I'm pro-iboga, and anti-any moneysucking maintenance treatment. But it's only due to my experience and the miraculous way it skips over the withdrawals symptoms so well.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone here. To each their own and I wont ever mention ibogaine here again.
Lowjack

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

lowjack wrote:

I have several friends on suboxone and they are all content with their situation, mostly due to someone else paying for their overpriced medication,

I guess you just need to weight your lifes options and goals, and when a drug is supposed to be helping you is sevral times more expensive than the street drugs that led them to their addiction...well, thats when I see a problem for me jumping onboard.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone here. To each their own and I wont ever mention ibogaine here again.
Lowjack

First
I for one,,,, Pay out of pocket, about $8 each, for one suboxone film, each day.....
I pay about $50 an office visit, every 90 days
I was on the patient assistance thing, but only for 11 perscriptions,
Ive been on suboxone now for 20 months, and the first few months, I was on 24mg a day, I was PAYING, $500 a MONTH, for MY perscription, and was HAPPY to do it, honestly.

Secondly
Yes, suboxone is spendy,,,
but Im not sure HOW anyone thinks its MORE expensive than the pills we bought off the street?

I for ONE, would spend ALL the $$$ I had (stole, mostly) on AVERAGE

$200 PER DAY,,,,
MUCH much much more expensive, than my $8 a day NOW, , ,
Plus, uhmmm I have a JOB now, so that sure makes it a hell of alot easier to pay for.

200 per day,,,,, times 7 days, = $1400 bucks, down the toilet, with NO job
sometimes I do take 12 or 16 mg, depending on my day, if I work a 14 hr shift or not,
so lets SAY 16mg a day,,

$16 a day, times 7 days =$112

now of COURSE there were days, I couldn't come up with 200, but there were also PLENTY of days, I spent WAY more than 200,,,,, I racked up 6 GRAND in 45 days, of cash advances on one of my grandma's credit cards, and I did NOT pay any bills,
it ALL went to pills/heroin... EVERY DIME.......
I knew I HAD to have at least $80 to be NOT dope sick,,,,,every day

LAST but Not least.............

Thanks for writing that part,,, You didn't offend me,,
I just wanted to show you, try to , that NOT everyone has "someone paying for thier overpriced meds"
and I understand suboxne is NOT for everyone, Im fine with that,
you can hate ON suboxone, ALL you want,,,,
Just not the PEOPLE on suboxone, that's where I have the issue.....
(im not saying you did that, I'm just talking here)

And, I don't know WHY you said you wouldn't talk about Ibogaine ever again???
there's actually quite a few people on here, that have been "through" here, that were curious about it, had questions, whatever.
I haven't been offended by anything you've said,
and I want you to feel free to share YOUR opinions/feelings/experiences,
as long as it's done in a
Respectfull manner,,,,, (so far, so good)
I really see no issue. :wink:

Im glad YOU and YOUR WIFE both found something that's worked for you!!!
seriously,,,,,,,
Opiate addiction is a BEAST All its' own,,,,, at least it is for ME.......
so if someone finds a way to tackle and tame that beast, MORE POWER TO'm!!!!
I'm scared of ANY type of phycodelic (spelling, sorry) type drug,,,,
My cousin actually lost his freaking mind,
after he was selling acid YEARS ago,,,, when I guess acid came on "sheets"
he and his girlfriend, got pulled over,
my cousin, Rick, put the sheets he had , down the front of his shirt,
this was in southern oregon, in summer, (real hot)
and they made it through the "stop" fine,
but Rick started losing it, cuz the acid had soaked thru his skin, apparently, he
thought it was In a bag, or something? im not sure,,,,,
but basically,
he soaked in WAY TOO MUCH, and he was MISSING for a week,
ended up in a mental hospital for months, and Im telling you, he's never been the
same,,,,
he's VERY strange........he works and drives, but he's a man of few words.
never married, never even lived with anyone......
tells all these lies, all day to anyone he talks to, which he doesn't say much to begin with.

anyways,
this was the "example" I had growing up, for acid and drugs like it...... sure Ive eaten shrooms before, cuz they
grow EVERYWHERE around here, so I did that in Highschool alot, but I was seriously freaked out, about anything stronger,
Plus my biological father,
pretty much nutzo now, from too many drugs,,,,,,, he's permanently in the mental ward,,,,,,
like can't go anywhere without a "pass" crazy...........
Im not sure I'd EVER be willing to "try" Ibogaine.

I did watch that documentary, on Netflix about it, though, and found that to be very interesting/informative
and anything that helps anyone, out of this addiction,,, is good, in MY opinion.....No matter what it is!!

Thanks

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I paid for my whole sub treatment out of pocket for 6 years. Some doctors cost $500/ visit due to testing & counseling requirements. On top of that was the medication itself. It was like paying rent x 2. Luckily I was able to afford it because I was able to work because I had a JOB because I was on suboxone.

I pay a shit ton of taxes too and don't mind one bit helping those who can't afford it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

:oops: Man! I never should have added that part about the people (I know) basically milking their family for the money on suboxone. It's really one girl who's rich parents keep her well. Whatever works though, eh?

Also I'd be doing Iboga an injustice if I allowed anyone whos heard it's a psychedelic to understand that it is mind altring and for the first 4 to 7 hours your bombarded with visions of different images. But then your faced with (for lack of better term) the very best version of yourself. Your shown everything from the reason you began using to begin with. To what you can become with your life. Then the visions begin to fade away. Now the 4 day relection period begins.
This means you dont sleep for up to 3 or 4 days. Plus you have ataxia. Ataxia is when you lose your ability to coordinate any type of movement. Plus it feels literally as though every connection inside your head has been unplugged and the now noribogaine is rewiring your mind back to its preaddicted state. Now if thats not some crazy shit I dont know what is.

But please understand I've taken LSD many times and am an avid DMT smoker. Maybe avid is a lil' strong. And out of the hallucinogens I just mentioned Ibogaine is in a category beyond a simple word such as Psychedelic. The fact that some relate psychedelic with psychosis is why entheogen is the proper category for Ibogaine (Eboka), DMT, Psilocybe Cubensis, and the rest of the god given sacraments certain governments regulate. Cuz if everyone took Iboga to kick opiate addiction, or smoked DMT and actually met an intelligent being from beyond our reality, or took 5 grams of psilocybe mushrooms and was shown whats really going on, the system would either self destruct (doubt it), or it'd initiate enough of a change that the powers that be, dont want it happening. Better to wage a war on sick people with drugs you help bring in to certain areas.
Anyways rant over. LSD is very powerful and could be a useful tool if it could be studied openly. I can understand your apprehenciveness about hallucinogenic drugs. But make no mistake. They are in different classes altogether. LSD is powerful enough to make a person/people snap and not come back. It is a true psychedelic. Entheogens, especially Iboga and DMT are in a category of their own. They hit Sacrament Status. DMT is awesome. But Ibogaine does require a sitter, and if given incorrectly ofr taken in conjunction with speed or any other drug can be fatal. But given respect it has the potential to bring addiction to an end. It's no wonder they keep it suppressed and illegal in the one country where all their smack and crack are earning them trillions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

lowjack wrote:
The fact that some relate psychedelic with psychosis is why entheogen is the proper category for Ibogaine (Eboka), DMT, Psilocybe Cubensis, and the rest of the god given sacraments certain governments regulate. Cuz if everyone took Iboga to kick opiate addiction, or smoked DMT and actually met an intelligent being from beyond our reality, or took 5 grams of psilocybe mushrooms and was shown whats really going on, the system would either self destruct (doubt it), or it'd initiate enough of a change that the powers that be, dont want it happening. Better to wage a war on sick people with drugs you help bring in to certain areas.

I kinda disagree with that, mainly because I once believed it and feel like I've experienced enough since then to change my mind.

I know a number of people for whom DMT "flipped them" over the edge. In a couple of cases it was only by smoking it once. DMT is a really powerful hallucinogen that can significantly change a persons brain. I met two people while an inpatient in a hospital who claimed DMT was what made them ill. An old friend (not one of the flipped cases) who was quite successful, very driven and ambitious, smoked a pipe or two at a dance party. When she got back to work outta the blue she handed in her resignation to pursue a career in being a Tony Robbins. Now that does sound kinda cool like she's seen the light and turned her back on what society deems is good even if she's still unemployed. But her attitude had changed so much. And when an attitude shifts that much you can guess there's been some brain changing shit going on.

I used to take a lot of psychedelics and believe that they'd give me answers and I ended up in a psych ward with a heroin habit, so I'm wary of the power psychedelics can hold in changing the brain - esp the tryptamines. But maybe this is where ibogaine works, because it changes the brain? If there's even a 1 in 5 chance of it being successful I'd give it a go.

Post subject: Ridiculous
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:28 pm 
I don't believe that you need to take a drug to get off of a drug to get off of a drug. Just QUIT with all that already. Plus, you need to experience the discomfort of withdrawal as negative reinforcement for using opiates. All this stuff about "a humane way to detox" is addict talk, you need to feel pain for this, that WILL help you in the long run. Not another drug. I don't CARE about mystical experiences or what visions you had. You want to quit taking drugs, then quit taking drugs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ah yes, the neanderthal approach to quitting opiates. I've heard the arguement many times before, but it still doesn't hold water.

There is no one right way to quit opiates. If you got off opiates by just quitting, then good for you, but that doesn't mean that other approaches aren't just as valid.

Post subject: What?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:38 pm 
Romeo wrote:
Ah yes, the neanderthal approach to quitting opiates. I've heard the arguement many times before, but it still doesn't hold water.

There is no one right way to quit opiates. If you got off opiates by just quitting, then good for you, but that doesn't mean that other approaches aren't just as valid.

It doesn't hold water? Are you trying to say that its impossible to quit without some other drug for a crutch? I hope not.

I would argue that there is a right way to quit opiates, and that is to experience the pain of what you got yourself into, go through the agony of withdrawal, and use that as negative reinforcement. It may take a few times, but eventually you will link that pain to using opiates and the cravings will cease. Negative reinforcement is incredibly powerful.

I had a very painful emotional experience with a binge of intravenous "bath salts," MDPV and something else, involving emotional agony, fear, hallucination, crying, breakdowns, painful bruises from injecting all over my body, staying up for days, just one of the most intensely painful experiences I've ever had, physically and mentally. My "needle fascination" is entirely gone from this. It makes me uncomfortable to see hypodermic needles and even the orange caps in the street. I cannot even read stories in the news about bath salts, and I can't even listen to a certain song that I listened to throughout the binge without feeling depressed and ill.

I know that its only human to want to avoid the pain of withdrawal, but if you really want to get better, you need to link opiate use with as much physical and emotional pain as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

stillwaters..........

Romeo JUMPED from a high dose of suboxone,,

if ANYONE knows about painful w/d its THIS DUDE.......

Just so you know...

Im not saying anything bad, about you or anyone else, it just didn't sound like, from your post,
that you knew that about him......................

Im thankful, he's around, he helps MANY PEOPLE thru it, becuz he knows ALL TOO WELL how horrible it really can be

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There was a sign on the wall in one of my favorite meetings. It said "there's no wrong way to get sober".

It served to uplift me on many occasions. Sitting in there wondering if I'm really sober because I take suboxone. I mean I tried to use your method, Stillwaters but it just never caught. I would get to a few weeks maybe a couple months and just be using again. It was time for a different approach for me in order to keep myself from dying. It's been nearly 3 years since I haven't touched a full agonist or any other alcohol or drugs other than suboxone.

I haven't finished my taper but have slowly gone down to almost nothing over the past year. Also there a a bunch of members here who have tapered off and are still clean after years.

So, I do t think it's as black & white as you are trying to convince us. Did you ever think maybe some can do it one way and some can do it another way? We are all different

Welcome to the forum!

-gb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:57 am 
amber4.14.11 wrote:
stillwaters..........

Just so you know...

Im not saying anything bad, about you or anyone else, it just didn't sound like, from your post,

Im thankful, he's around, he helps MANY PEOPLE thru it, becuz he knows ALL TOO WELL how horrible it really can be

I was on vacation once and forgot/lost my pills when I first started taking it, I fell off 32mg/day cold and know what it feels like. I lost conciousness a few times and I have temperature sensitivity/chills to this day 3 years later from that, it apparently caused permanent damage.

Regardless, I don't believe I ever accused him of not knowing what it was like, my point had nothing to do with that at all.
You say he faced his consequences, thats exactly what I'm advocating. Taking a hallucinogenic drug to avoid withdrawals won't allow you to build up negative reinforcement for using, which is the only REAL, PROVEN thing that kills addictive behaviour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Stillwaters said, "but if you really want to get better, you need to link opiate use with as much physical and emotional pain as possible."

LOL....when I got off Suboxone, I linked opiate use with about as much pain and suffering as is possible!!! I made it 9 months before my first slip. I've been off Suboxone for 2.5 years now and I've had 5 slips with various opiates. If pain and suffering from opiate wd were gonna teach me a lesson, I'd be Albert Fucking Einstein right now.

Truth is, negative reinforcement is only good for short term use. As soon as I hit the 9 month mark and felt about 100% better, WHAM, my first slip. You wanna stay off opiates, look into recovery.....not negative reinforcement. Recovery will get ya a lot farther.

I'm not saying that negative reinforcement from wd is useless, it's just not the end all, be all that you're implying it is.

Also, Stillwaters said, "negative reinforcement ... is the only REAL, PROVEN thing that kills addictive behaviour." I would like to see the study you read that makes this claim. I've read a lot about addiction and recovery and I've never come across a statement like this. Care to back up your claims?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Stillwaters wrote:
amber4.14.11 wrote:
stillwaters..........

Just so you know...

I was on vacation once and forgot/lost my pills when I first started taking it, I fell off 32mg/day cold and know what it feels like. I lost conciousness a few times and I have temperature sensitivity/chills to this day 3 years later from that, it apparently caused permanent damage.

Regardless, I don't believe I ever accused him of not knowing what it was like, my point had nothing to do with that at all.
You say he faced his consequences, thats exactly what I'm advocating. Taking a hallucinogenic drug to avoid withdrawals won't allow you to build up negative reinforcement for using, which is the only REAL, PROVEN thing that kills addictive behaviour.

so did you see this part

""I don't believe I ever accused him of not knowing what it was like""

You QUOTED him, and posted right after, about REALLY wanting to get better......

Thats the ONLY REASON I said something,,,,

Look, Im not TRYING To piss you off, okay?
I was ONLY telling you a little bit about Romeo's history,,,
that's it...I swear......

Im sensing some hostility or something???
Sorry you've had such a rough "go" of things, but I don't think it's been EASY for any of us....
I feel somewhat "bonded" with you, since you were once an Intravenous user, as well......
you KNOW that shit, is NOT EASY to stop,
I don't care if it's bath salts, opiates, or tylenol.........

your opiate "career" could have caused the permanent damage, too...... You can't JUST blame suboxone,
we all know, you CANNOT regulate body tempeture, at least I COULDN"T
when I was on (shooting) opiates.....
that was actually the VERY FIRST THING I noticed, when taking suboxone,
I STOPPED SWEATING!!!!!!!!!!!
to this day,
I look at pics,from when I was using, ALWAYS had sweat beading down my forehead, either
cuz I was LOADED,
or I was so freaking dope-sick it was the cold-sweats.......

anyways,
best of luck :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Quote:
I know a number of people for whom DMT "flipped them" over the edge. In a couple of cases it was only by smoking it once. DMT is a really powerful hallucinogen that can significantly change a persons brain. I met two people while an inpatient in a hospital who claimed DMT was what made them ill. An old friend (not one of the flipped cases) who was quite successful, very driven and ambitious, smoked a pipe or two at a dance party. When she got back to work outta the blue she handed in her resignation to pursue a career in being a Tony Robbins. Now that does sound kinda cool like she's seen the light and turned her back on what society deems is good even if she's still unemployed. But her attitude had changed so much. And when an attitude shifts that much you can guess there's been some brain changing shit going on.

DMT is NOT for those with weaker minds. Almost everyone I've smoked it with either has such a earth-shattering experience that they usually dont want to smoke it again. DMT and iboga are nothing alike and whenever you come back from smoking DMT your still gonna need a fix if your an opiate addict. Thats where iboga stands alone. I hated ibogaine when I took it, but I took it in a motel room with a novice sitter and recklessly. Completely disrespecting the power and seriousness of obstaining from all other drugs. I thought I'd get my last horah on with methamphetamine and it almost cost me my life..
My opiate addiction however was replaced with a 4 day ibogaine trip (only 10 hours of which were halluciogenic). The rest of the time I was near catatonic and so miserable from the ataxia (loss of motor skills) that I wondered several times if I was going to come back to be anything like my former self. But, I did. And when the iboga has you shutdown it's like it jerks every connection in your head out and rewires your brain to work in the best preaddicted way of working possible.
The longer acting the opiate your kicking the harder the secondary withdrawals are. For methadone addicts it's especially hard and it's recommended that (get this), you switch to a shorter acting opiate like heroin for the best results.
Thats crazyness I thought. But I learned the hard way it is true. The main thing that keeps most opiate addicts using methadone in place of heroin or suboxone in place of oxycontin is the Post Acute Withdrawals. You know, that fear you had of getting sick before you started replacing whatever street drug you were on with government sanctioned opiod replacement medications, right?
The fact that there is a plant that grows in one place in the world and in the rootbark lies the key to skipping the hardest part of achieving a relatively pain-free recovery should be front page headlines in every newspaper in the world where opiate addicts suffer. But alas, there is no money in a one time fix drug. This is so sad but believe me it's true and happening.
The US government would rather spend 300 million dollars trying to study and make a drug to knock out the euphoric effects of cocaine, than to spend 10 to 50 million to fund the FDA study to get ibogaine approved for human trials. The French did a study in which 72 hours after ingesting ibogaine a woman died but take a look at the death rate of methadone patients in Florida alone. I hope everyone who reads this just looks into ibogaine as an alternative to being strung along like methadone clinics and suboxone doctors assist them in doing.
I've never kicked subs and never will. I have a friend who's convinced that he can kick a 5 year heroin smoking habit with 7 or 8 octogon/orange shaped suboxone pills with little withdrawals.
I however have my doubts that this is possible. Suboxone is a long acting opiate mixed with the same shit they give ODing people. Thats a slap in the face right there. Evil fucks!
"Take my pills, but dont abuse them or else!"
I hope all you who are unable to afford the doctor + medication + stigma of still being an addict look into ibogaine because it is a plant in Africa and it grows slowly and isnt being replanted like it's being harvested. So supply is limited.
I post this out of ginuine concearn for others who still suffer and those who want off of the "keep'em coming back drugs" like methadone and yes, Suboxone.
Bless you all for taking the time to read this.

Post subject: Happy Holidays
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:42 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I'm really happy for everyone here regardless of what type of recovery they choose for themselves; Happy Holidays to everyone at SuboxForum!

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re 'prolonging addiction': People who can stop destroying their lives with heroin or pain pills have no reason to take buprenorphine. The medication is for those who tried to stop-- but can't.

Some theoretical discussions can really miss the point.

Post subject: I may be one of them....
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:53 pm 

lowjack,

None of us here want you to feel you can't discuss different recovery options w/o getting slammed or insulted. This site has recently put in a new section called "Freestyle" where discussions that might get heated have a place to post w/o fear of being warned by a mod asking them to not slam Suboxone. It is supposed to be an un-moderated section with few rules. Some of things you can't do there is to use too much profanity or not show respect for others.

There have been some problems with it recently where a moderator (me) made the mistake of posting a message asking folks to tone it down. That was met with a hail storm of posts stating that the members thought they had a place to vent and were let down by me removing two profanity laden posts. We have discussed changing the rule section up top of the first page to better define its purpose but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

So please, feel free to post there all you want and I'll do my very best to stay out of the thread, unless???

Rule