It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:36 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 1- of course there is never much to report on day 1. I do feel like I'm in withdrawal but not bad. You know its crazy to me that some people can stop at 2mgs and feel their worst on day 7 and others like me stop at 6mgs and days 2-4 were the worst. I was sleeping by day 9 or 10. Its just weird. I don't know if it has to do with faster metabolism or the fact that I drink excess fluids all the time. I always have a drink next to me so maybe I flush it out faster. I don't know. Last time I made it to about 6 months and so I'm excited to start feeling that way again. I'm gonna start exercising on day 1 instead of wait till I feel better. I did exercise last night and I've got my weight bench and everything set up. I'm hoping to be able to not think about it much and go about my business until the physical withdrawals pass. I know i'll have sucky days and I remember some of those but I'm ready to do this again. I know I'm all over the place my head doesn't feel right. One last thing, I am not going to take anything to help. I didn't last time and everything seemed to go back to normal pretty fast. I was going to stock up on immodium and gabapentin and other sleep aids and stuff but I think not clogging yourself back up is a good thing cause you'll rid your body of toxins faster and I'm afraid if I take the gabapentin (which by the way works wonders for me) then I won't be healing my brain just using something else. Anyways, sorry this doesn't make sense, for those that understand the brain dance in withdrawal you know I'm not thinking straight and can't seem to write what I want to say. I'll talk to yall on day two. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:38 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Good luck!! Keep drinking and exercising and pooping ;) best way to flush it all out!

I don't know if there's any truth to this, but I began to wonder if suboxone stores in our fat cells or something. Just because it took so many weeks to feel like a human again!?

Hope day 1 goes well for you! Hang in there!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:23 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 2- you know it's funny because I felt like crap when I woke up on day one, got a bit of exercise and what not and felt ok. Then I started to feel really fatigued and got a real good workout (by real good I mean sad because I haven't worked out in 4.5 months since I relapsed). and felt good for the next hour or so that I was awake. Then I fell asleep and slept all the way through the night. Woke up this morning, felt like I was in withdrawal but once I got to work I feel almost exactly like I did on day 12 or so last time. I'm hoping it doesn't hit me really hard tomorrow or the next day but being that I have felt the withdrawal here and there I don't know. Last time my last dose was 6mgs even though I was taking regularly between 8-12 and only took 6 on my last day, and I felt my worse days 1-3. Honestly day 1 sucked and I didn't sleep that night and day 2 and 3 were the worst. Actually I remember on day 4 I started to feel ok for a while the next two days after that were up and down, mostly down, but from there I felt better. Of course the ill effects from jumping from that high of a dose were that fatigue lasted a long time and the bathroom issues. I got really lucky, sleeping fine by day 8 on, withdrawals mostly gone by day 8 (this is jumping from 8mgs) so I don't know if maybe I metabolize them faster or what the heck but I didn't know anything about tapering. This time I jumped really high too (I just can't taper) and I felt it when I woke up the next day, felt it most of the day until that night, then this morning I felt it until a little bit ago. Don't get me wrong, I'm still having side effects. My mouth is dry, I'm not in the greatest mood although I feel pretty happy, drinks taste weird, I could probably go the day without eating although I won't, my stomach feels funny and things like that. Maybe being off them for 6 months and then having a much shorter stint (4 months compared to 4 years) I was expecting the same thing. I'm hopeful, and also prepared. I just hope I don't wake up tomorrow and have the depression, anxiety, weak, fatigue, all the craziness that comes with it, etc but if I do, i'll be ready. I'm hoping to counter most of that by working out hard and taking L-Tyrosine daily. I didn't want to start taking L-Tyrosine while the sub was still in my brain cause I figured it would be a waste. I will update maybe later today and let yall know if things are getting better or worse or same. Thanks

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:01 pm 

Remember that even if we don't post every time there is an update, we're still reading! :)

Amy

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:35 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you.. What really helped me last time, and inspired me this time, was people posting about their progress. Even though I didn't post I followed Trainer, Butterflying and Johnny Ikons process blogs and it helped me out. I don't mind if nobody replies, as long as their reading. Thanks Amy

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:39 pm 

I'm also reading :)

I'm wishing u lot's of luck and success. U seem like ur definitely ready and ur honesty is admirable. Like Amy said, ppl are definitely reading, just because we don't post about it doesn't mean we're not here. Great job so far. Have a wonderful day!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Alright we are near the end of day 2.. I woke up this morning feeling like crap but its like once I get going I feel good. The only thing I had tonight was fatigue, like I didn't want to get up I just wanted to go to sleep. However, I just got done with my workout and I feel fine now. I'm a bit tired but that's a good thing because I feel like I'm going to sleep good tonight. I don't know, day 2 was better than day 1 and yet I still feel like its going to rock me later but like I said last time these days were the absolute worst. Ok well just checking in for the night, anyone going through this I can't stress enough how important exercise and a positive attitude are. Exercise will give you that break while you're doing it, naturally release and retrain your brain to release endorphins and afterwards you feel good and if you're like me and do them maybe an hour before bed (not recommended later on when you're better) you'll have a better chance at sleep. I will report back tomorrow. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:22 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Start of day 3- So Last night after my workout I was tired and went to bed. I did wake up one time around 2 but that didn't last but 5 minutes and it's because I had to pee. Then I woke up about an hour before my alarm, at like 5:30 and fell in and out before my 6:45 alarm. I still got almost 8 hours so I can't complain. Last time, the night of day 1 I didn't sleep and didn't sleep for about 8 days. Day 3 was my worst or one of the worst and I feel like that's probably the case this time, although I don't really feel that bad. I will post an update later in the day since mornings are usually the worst for me. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:41 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ok so I ended up doing what I said I wasn't and took the Gabapentin. I was reading other peoples threads who have gotten off and they used it for up to a month. I have to say I feel absolutely great. I've never been able to take pills, no matter the size. I've always had a fear and gag on them. That's what sucked last time because I had L-Tyrosine and Passion Flower and couldn't take either because they were huge. This is why suboxone (I've actually only taken subutex) was so perfect for me, under the tongue. So it took me about ten minutes to take a few pills. Anyways the reason I'm posting this is to ask if anyone has had experience with Neurotin or Gabapentin while they were coming off and if it prolonged anything, had bad effects stopping that, etc? I think I'm going to take it here and there only during the worst so maybe 2 weeks tops because man everything went away. My stomach issues went away and I just ate a lot and still want to eat, I feel like running around my office building a few times, I have no ill feelings after taking it. I also feel like I could fall asleep easily right now although I have energy, its hard to explain. If anyone has experience here please let me know. Thanks for reading.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

End of day 3 pretty much!! So I had no symptoms except fatigue and tiredness. The gabapentin really helped with everything, eating, mood, restlessness, etc. I plan on only taking it for maybe up to ten days... Honestly I didn't feel too bad this morning but I took it after reading some things and it worked wonders for me. I just wanted to go all natural but if something works and doesn't affect the healing process why not? Anyways, will update again tomorrow. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:34 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi quiet,
Glad to hear you are doing so well! The tiredness and fatigue is a bummer, but if that's the worst of it for you than I'd take it! Keep up the positive attitude, I really believe that helps tremendously!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:58 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Haha, my emotions are going crazy but in a good way cause I read your reply and thought to myself that "tfisher is my best friend right now"!!! Weird.. Anyways for my day 4 update!!!!! I slept for 4 hours last night, woke up at 2 and went to the coach and was on/off there, mostly on.. I knew I could take the gabapentin and fall right to sleep but I don't want to rely on anything for sleep.. I called by office and told them I'd be late and I slept a little, about to head in. This morning wasn't bad, my stomach felt weird and mouth was dry and that's it.. I know these days were the worst last time but if this is it and it gets over as fast or faster as last time I'm happy!! I have been working out pretty hard every night, eating good every day (I mean eating regularly not healthy) I do have symptoms but very minimal and I expected worse. Anyways, I just hope I can get to where I was quickly and start learning more and more about living a clean life.. The only thing that bums me out is I've put my family through this before and now they go through it again.. The first time I also quit smoking so they thought it was that, this time I don't have any real issues so its easy to fake it.. It's actually really sad but once I'm back to where I was I'll be the guy I want to be and never go back!! I'm just rambling so I'll end it here, day four bring it on!!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:15 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Awwww thanks quiet ;) glad your emotions are flaring up, in whatever fashion that may be. I think the first week I was all over the map, crying one minute, angry the next.... Following your thread is really good for me, it reminds me how strong we are!

I realize that day 4 feels like a long road ahead of you, but honestly, you've come SO FAR already...You'll be counting weeks before you know it. And the fact that you are working out and going to the office is fantastic!

And I also feel that as long as your are eating something during this first couple weeks to keep your energy up, something is better than nothing. It was hard to make myself eat anything at all during that time. Now I'm back to feeling like I could eat allllll day long. Damn, it was nice while it lasted!

Really helped me to hear you say that the feeling of being off is not worth going back. I already feel that way, and am looking forward to months down the road when that's even more true.

Do you enjoy exercise or is it just something you do because you have to ? I really enjoy to exercise and I think of it as my main form of recovery. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, I have the majority of the day off and going to do the gym and take a hot yoga class both. Does your significant other enjoy wiring out with you? My husband does NOT. in fact, he is really quite opposite, and has a hard time getting motivated to do much of anything other than work and cook (At least he works hard though and is an excellent cook) Even more reason I like to work out, I also love to eat ;) but I was wondering if you are working out by yourself as a chance to reflect and have personal time or if it's something you do with your partner or a friend? Personally I enjoy doing it by myself, it's nice to have a break from people.

Well great job so far, you're doing much more than just hanging in there. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Xo
Fish

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

When I started working out last time I absolutely loved it. It felt great at 4 months out to exercise and run and I felt great all day everyday!! Right now i still enjoy it cause I get a break from the every day routine, get to put my headphones on and work out. I feel good doing it but because of the fatigue its a little harder. I almost skipped last night but said screw it I'm going for it and I had a good one.. My wife does NOT work out with me. She always talks about going on a diet (even though she weighs nothing and has no fat on her).. But she hates working out and hates running even more. I will say this, I would rather lift than do cardio, only cause its harder for me. I do cardio in between my sets but nothing really to brag about. I put on some pounds during my relapse and I was getting them off. But yeah I do enjoy it as me time, I manage a very crazy air freight company and have a family so I don't get much of a break or time to myself so it gives me that chance. Thanks for the reply, I will post here later to let y'all know how it's going. The only thing that scares me is that here in about 6 days the guy I used to get subs from gets his script. I've already told him I don't want anymore no matter what but he may give in if I ask. Right now I feel strong but I'm just a little worried that a moment of weakness may screw me. I'm not very strong willed when it comes to tees drugs although right now I feel like I'm in control. That's all for now. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:39 pm 

FYI, I took Gabapentin for roughly 2-3 months and quit abruptly w/o any ill effects. I don't think it's habit forming. My reason for taking it was due to nerve pain and it didn't work so I stopped it. Now I have the rest in a bottle which I'll keep just in case I decide to quit Suboxone.

Congrats on your progress. Yes, we are all reading.

r

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:57 pm 

Rule is right QA! We are right here with you!

Be resolved right now that you are not going to answer the phone if the guy calls!!

In fact, it would be a good, healthy, move right now to create a written manifesto, if you will.

Write down the things that you will and won't do. For example, "I will not have any contact with (the guy)."

Write these things out, sign it, and have your wife witness it. That way you are not only accountable to yourself, but you are accountable to her. Do this before "the guy" gets his script. He will still be looking for $$. He doesn't care about you.

Good luck and I hope my suggestion makes sense to you.

Amy

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:21 pm 

Also another thing u can possibly do is change ur phone number, that's exactly what I did when I started suboxone. And it worked like a charm. I know this is inconvenient for most ppl, but anything is worth recovery. I'd walk through fire if I had to and I'm sure u would too. If u don't want family getting suspicious, just tell them u were getting prank calls or a better deal with another company provider. Make it to where u will never know if ur old go to guy ever has another suboxone again. You've came so far, this can be avoided. Good luck!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:26 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I too changed my phone number when I started sub treatment. That has probably saved me from relapse more times than I even know.

Stay strong, quiet!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

rule62 wrote:
FYI, I took Gabapentin for roughly 2-3 months and quit abruptly w/o any ill effects. I don't think it's habit forming. My reason for taking it was due to nerve pain and it didn't work so I stopped it. Now I have the rest in a bottle which I'll keep just in case I decide to quit Suboxone.

Congrats on your progress. Yes, we are all reading.

r

If you take the Gabapentin for a period of time it is recommended that you taper off of it simply because it is an anti-seizure medicine, so there is a slight risk of seizures if you stop abruptly.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks to all you guys, I really appreciate all of your advise and will definitely use it. So we are at the end of day 4, hopefully completely if I fall asleep right now and don't wake till morning... I feel pretty good, the only thing that's bothering me is how tired I am and I think that's cause my sleep sucked last night.. I'm hoping that in the next couples days I'll be able to stop the gabapentin.. Maybe tomorrow!!! Anyways I'll update in the morning how I'm feeling.. Don't worry I'll start skipping days of updates as soon as I'm feeling good and then months and then years. Hope everyone sleeps well tonight!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next