It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey glad I could help in any way... Today is day 19, and although I'm bed ridden after my procedure I'm surviving off Tylenol and frozen peas.. So once my swelling goes down and what not and as long as I don't get sick again I'll think I'll be feeling good most of the time. Just wanted to check in. Tomorrow is the big 2-0.. Crazy!!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Oh man that was today!? Glad it went okay. And just remember even if you were using this week it still would of been a crappy week. Congrats on 20!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:27 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 20- yep my procedure was yesterday. They gave me some questioning since I am under 30 but it went ok. What they do is give you a Valium beforehand to relax you and since I've never taken one before it almost put me to sleep. Then at home it knocked me out all day. I've been sleeping mostly since yesterday morning. Anyways as far as day 20 withdrawal I don't think I have any. Mentally I feel great I'm just tired from doing nothing but laying down yesterday. Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well its day 20, tomorrow is 3 weeks!! However I have some bad news maybe. I'm in quite a bit of pain and have been prescribed hydrocodone 5's from my urologist. I wasn't going to get them but now that the numbing medicine has worn off and the excitement is over I'm actually in quite a lot of pain. Of course my family doesn't understand why I haven't picked them up yet. What should I do? Should I take them as prescribed or try and push through this pain? I don't want to set myself back. I've never like opiates like that I've only like suboxone so I'm not worried about getting addicted to them I'm worried about all my progress being flushed down the toilet and having to go through withdrawals again. It's just one thing after a freaking 'nother during this withdrawal. I can't catch a freaking break I'm so angry!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:28 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Quiet,
I take it you already got the script filled. This is a tricky situation. My advice is to push through the pain. Because those little tiny demons will make you feel good and then they will start whispering, "just one more, It won't hurt!" Then they will all be gone. Then your pain will come back. Then it's calling the Dr for another Script "fix".
If you truly feel you can handle it, but I wouldn't risk it.
Look how far you've come!
3 weeks
Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hydros are considerably weak compared to sub. So if you take any thing I'd take those but saying that I would go with what happygirl said. the cravings will be unbearable Compared to the the pain. Just take naloxen, or Tylenol. Just remember this would be a rough weak no matter what.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:30 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

qa, I, too, agree with happy and jjinda. If you can take ibuprofen or tylenol and get thru this pain, it would be best. I never felt hydrocodone did much for pain...it just made you not care that you were hurting. Ibuprofen is my pain reliever of choice...works better for me than tylenol.

A big congrats on 3 weeks....by golly, you are doing this! Stay strong :)

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:17 am 

Since ur asking for opinions, mine would be to avoid pain medication at any cost. I know how bad it sucks to be in pain, that's a trigger all by itself for me. Ur doing so incredibly well and ur on day 20, it would be very easy for the addict brain to talk u into all kinds of things right now. Nobody can tell you what to do, but trust me, this could be a train wreck waiting to happen if u have to take those hydros. Even if they weren't ur DOC, it'll still perk up that demon in ur head and it'd be very difficult to beat that at such an early stage of being off sub.

This is such a tricky situation with us addicts. We have pain like everyone else, but we have to be very very careful. I'm absolutely not saying that u can't do this, I'm just saying....do u wanna take that risk? It's so friggin unfair. I hope u find comfort, I know ur trying so hard to get through all this and that's when it seems like u get one hit after another. That's how it always seems to go doesn't it? Whatever u decide to do, be careful and we're all here for ya :)

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 21, three weeks!! I never got the script filled.. I was just upset that one thing after another was hitting me and now I had a serious amount of pain to deal with. Tylenol has been it for me though. I'm just gonna push through it they say it should only last a week to 10 days. Anyways, I'm still here kicking and just wanted to give an update. Will again tomorrow. Thanks for all the help, support and advise guys. It means a lot to me.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:45 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Wow Hope,
You sure said a mouthful there! lol
You have a great Memorial Day weekend!

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

QA just ignore hope. they had a friend die and if you're in the addict world long enough that will happen, it just a reminder that this DISEASE IS DEADLY. Naloxen(aleve) works wonders for swelling. If that is what is causing the pain. I'm glad you didn't use those And glad your still kicking it. It helps to know you're in a similar situation so keep it up!

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hope- I'm pretty sure your meditating wrong. I see your anger leading you down a very destructive path and since you hate suboxone so much I think its gonna ruin you. Of course I hope that never happens but you got clean and now you're angry, that's not a good sign. Have you tried anti depressants? Or a psych ward? The problem is you were an addict, and now you are off everything and have been for 16 months. You blame suboxone even though you couldn't have done this any other way obviously. Without suboxone where would you be? Good luck to you. I wish you the best. I also think you should change your name from hope to lost. I hope you find your way soon.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:54 pm 

Hope, im sorry life is hsrd for you today. Sub has saved many, but you already know this. Opiate addiction is chronic and deadly. You know this too. Sorry your friend died. Ive lost three this year myself. And i agree that we addicts need to find a Purpose in life. I believe recovery should focus on our home life and our daily work, but most of all a purpose that drives us and can make us happy. After all isnt this what being a careing human being should be.

In active addiction, that kind of thought never comes to mind...your having a meltdown on a jumpers thread?

Your opinions are yours, but cusing out and belittling members is unacceptable here Hope..This is a warning to you to clean it up.

The insults to Dr Junig were outrageous to me, and others. . Anymore of this and the plug will be pull..

RAZOR R..

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Self proclaimed geniuses are stupid as hell. You're not going to convince me of your intellect with the way you talk. You're an addict like the rest of us. If I told you what I made for a living, how much my house cost, or my net worth I'm sure you'd be impressed especially at 27 years old but that makes me no better than anyone here nor does the fact that your 16 months off suboxone and "very smart" make you any better. At the end of the day the only thing that's gonna matter is what good you did in life and your purpose. If suboxone helps you achieve that, great. If you gotta get off like I am to achieve that, great. But in no way are you better or have the answers to addictions problems. I've lost friends to drugs too, I didn't blame their treatment though!! I hope you figure out what's going on with you and maybe try to educate yourself better

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:38 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I'm not sure what happened to h0pe but this insulting behavior and non truths have been edited out or deleted completely by me. If you disagree, send me a PM.

We, as moderators, attempt to keep this forum moving forward towards positive recovery. There are ways to put your opinion down w/o insulting all who belong here. Being cursed out and called names is childish and not tolerated.

Rule62

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I know what this is now. These are the same type of people trolling the YouTube channels. Nobody pay hope any attention. It's just a troll. I've seen it before and I gotta give it to them for how long they stick it out. It's the suboxone dooms day crowd except this ones been playing us for a while. Next he'll be talking about the stacking theory and what not. I still haven't figured these people out but they're relentless..

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:08 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 22- I wanted to apologize to anyone reading who saw the exchanges last night. My part was also unprofessional and unhelpful for those reading this for their own reasons. I let it get to me and shouldn't have. Anyways, day 22. Things are going well. I'm off work for the holiday and about to go to a cookout with family. I slept like a rock the last few nights too. Only issue, there is always something, is because of my manhood snipping procedure I haven't been able to work out so I'm a little more tired than usual, but I'm feeling good. Peace out!!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:21 am 

You did nothing wroug QA, keep up the good work and keep posting. There are many here cheering for you..
Sometimes things happen on the internet.. Im sure we all wish him well...
Hang in there QA...

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:56 pm 

Hey jjindamorning, I just wanted to correct your drug name. Naloxone is what is added to Buprenorphine to prevent shooting up the medication. Aleve is Naproxen and works great just like you said. I think you mixed the spelling of the two up.

Thanks for mentioning the Aleve. I too think it's a wonder drug. It is the only one that helps my neck pain. The other miracle drug is Excedrin. Good old aspirin with a little caffeine. For a headache, nothing works better.

Between those two pain killers I really don't need opiates. When I had my back pain and my doctor gave me Vicodin, it didn't seem to help any. The Aleve is what worked. The Hydro just got me numb and feeling good.

Sorry for being a nit picker when it comes to spelling but those two were just too close for comfort.

rule

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes that is the one I meant. Sorry using my phone And auto correct is on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next