It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:25 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The word on the street is that there is a new medication coming out for opiate induced constipation. It is called mo-VAN-tick not sure on the spelling at the moment but anyway just thought I'd share this quick bit of info. I know there is a section on this topic. The only thing is that it is naloxone...but it is in a different form or targets just the receptors in our stomachs. I am not sure if anyone on Suboxone could or should take it do to the different mechanism of action and how the naloxone works.

Glad for the most part things are going good.

Snake

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

If I would've known how lucky I was last time maybe I would've thought it through more. Last time I did get sick but by this time I was starting to really feel better. I got 0 colds during withdrawal, 0 flu viruses, just 0 sicknesses all together. At 4 months we went to Disney and I got a cold on the way back that made my energy feel like day 5, it lasted almost the whole day.. My sleep came back to normal around this time (before I had said day 8-9 but looking back, it was about 15-16).. Anyways this time I am still struggling with sleep and my immune system sucks. As we speak I've been laid up on the coach since 1pm with a fever, throwing up, etc.. Now for the good news, because I have a bug I was able to sleep 3.5 hours during the day and also it has nothing on withdrawal.. I have 0 energy but it doesn't make you depressed or anxious or restless and all the things I consider the hardest part. And since I'm throwing up my wife let me get away with staying home today so I'm getting much needed rest. I'll check back in tomorrow hopefully!! Thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:30 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 15 - Well yesterday I caught a bug and was laid up on the couch all day. However, I slept probably 12 hours yesterday. I haven't eaten anything since Saturday night so I feel a little weak but other than that I'm ok. It sucks because just when everything is starting to return to normal, bam, I get a virus. Anyways, I think I just need to get a little food in me and i'll be ok. Thanks to everyone who is still reading, i'll let yall know if today gets any better. Thanks

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:35 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi quiet...I'm reading :) I love to read other's stories especially when they are working hard to remain positive, which you are.

I can't believe you jumped from 6 mgs! How long had you been on subs?

Viruses don't take long to run their course...you'll be back in no time. A big plus is you are getting sleep.

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey clearaqua- I was on subs for 4 years, then quit for 6 months and went back on it for 4 months or more. Yeah it's not a good idea to jump from that much but I can never taper. I feel like the sickness is over but the after effects from not eating and throwing up have taken my energy. Otherwise I'm doing good. Thank you for reading.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Alright folks, I'm calling it pretty much the end of day 15, I'm on east coast time so it's about 8pm. Everyone in my family, extended included, is sick. I'm over it now, just a little tired. I feel good mentally though which is great. I'm pretty happy and also can't believe how fast these two weeks flew by. Anyways, everything is going better than I could have expected and I can't wait for my 1 month down. It's flying here!! Still nervous about being snipped, no way is anyone gonna convince me a needle to the testis is painless. Good night!!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:54 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 16- We'll I ended up sleeping for 6 hours straight, woke up and fell back asleep within an hour or so. However, once I really started to get comfortable and fall asleep nicely, like every time, it was time to get up. I feel ok this morning. About to go do some pretty good physical labor here in a minute which for the first time in a while I'm excited about. I remember last time whenever the opportunity came up to get a good workout I was first in line, then when I relapsed I was lazy again. Now if my contact will stop cutting into my eye i'll be having a great day. See yall later.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:36 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Yay! You got some sleep! Yes, work out and keep pushing....you are on 16 days. You don't have to worry about whether you are doing it or not, you ARE doing it.

I am watching you with great interest because I haven't decided yet where I will jump....part of me wants to taper down very low and part of me wants to get somewhere under 1 mg and just do it and get it over with.

Proud of you for your determination and will :)

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:15 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Clear- I understand what you're talking about. For me I knew the withdrawals weren't that bad so I just said screw it. Also my fear wasn't with the withdrawals as much as getting to content on them and it being harder mentally to stop. That with the fact that I have no will power to do a taper all contributed to the reason I jumped off so high. Sometimes I wish I would've put my original plan was to jump when school got out in June, by then I'll be over a month since I ended up jumping so I guess for me, in hinds sight, it was better. I wish you luck in your journey and I'm reading your taper journal as well

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Not the best mentally today. I feel ok physically but felt kinda blah. Hopefully that'll pass. I've gotta leave work and go take care of my wife who has now caught the virus going around. I'll post back tomorrow if not later this evening. Thanks guys. :|

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I guess if my brain wasn't healing I wouldn't have ups and downs. So I'm going to say the low today means my brain is healing and rebuilding the motor, probably just changing the oil right now. Excuse my French but holy cannoli it's been a bit of a day. I also attribute this to maybe still having that virus in me. Either way I feel really strong about staying on the right path. I know I could easily get something but it is the furthest thing from what I wanna do.. I'm still staying positive. Bring it on addiction, my friends here can beat up your friends!!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think I might take a virus right now if I could get 12 hrs of sleep. Lol. Probably not Tough cause I'm starting to feel physically. when it rains it poors right!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:38 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 17- So this is a weird day so far. I slept so bad last night, I couldn't get comfortable then I fell asleep for about 3 hours then I woke up and literally would fall asleep for like 15 minutes and wake up for 15 minutes then fall asleep for 15 minutes. Sooo, this morning when it started getting close to having to get up I was fighting off some negative thoughts about "alright its day 17, I need a break", etc. So I was dreading my alarm going off and just not feeling very positive then all of a sudden it was like a light switch and I felt better, not great but better. I did have a bit of an attitude this morning and wanted to hurry up out the door but now as the day goes on I'm feeling better and better. I still do feel tired, but I should after last night. So anyhow, this has really helped my mood for today and my mind feels clear this morning. Now, since I've barely eaten anything since sunday, hopefully lunch time will hurry up and I'll get more energy back. We'll that's all for now, I'll probably be on and off of here. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Man just thought I share this news. So anyone who has read through knows that I blocked my dealers number and all that. Well guess who shows up at my office today?? Yep, he is relentless. My office is just me and another guy on completely different ends so it's pretty private but that's not the point. This guy knows that if I was interested it wouldn't matter if he was on the moon I would find a way to get up with him. It baffled me. The other crazy part is that he told me he swung by because he found a bunch in his car and figured he'd give them to me for free. So not only did he track me down, but then try to give me some for free. So I told him I had quit, was 17 days out, and was no longer interested in getting any. He asked if I knew anyone else interested and then told me how he just needed help paying for them for a few more months. When he came by too I just so happened to be at a lower point of the day where I was really tired and kind of just blank feeling, but I didn't cave. Anyways, just thought I'd share that. You can never get away it seems, always have to fight. I should call his doctor, or get a restraining order.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 17 is over for me. Just did my workout, its crazy how much weaker you can become after 4 days of not working out.. So I'm gonna have to say that today was my first really good day without the gabapentin.. I took that a little longer than I wanted and was scared I've have my own withdrawal from that but I didn't.. Although some parts of today were a little low most of today was great and has been for a while. It seemed like after I ate I was good. So I'm about to get in the shower and try to get a full nights rest. Even if I don't I think I'm learning what my body can do on no sleep and it's making me a stronger person. Us addicts are stronger people than the average bear!! Oh, also, I know I said, I think, that I eventually wouldn't post everyday but.... It seems that when I don't feel great I wanna post about it and when I feel great I wanna post about it so who knows if this will ever stop. If you guys see me post a day 314 post and notice I've posted every day from 1 to 314 consistently then feel free to fly to the beach and slap me and fly back... Good night y'all!!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:59 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I'm going to fill you in on something. When I was two weeks into withdrawal and Xanax withdrawal too, I started to focus on my breathing and my thoughts. That's when I became "aware" my life has changed since. Apparently people call that meditation. I do it every morning and night. I lost all of my anxiety and depression. The same perspective that drugs get me, I get from meditating. Only it's clearer. I can rise above any situation and I feel higher than life. Unreal. Hope you take this seriously

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:04 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That's super frustrating about your dealer but I'm glad you said no! in one of my program class things they taught us to be prepare yourself for the situation, like what you are going to say in a situation to make sure you dont relapse again, pretty much practice saying no in every situation. I am just saying he probably will track you down again or possibly you run into him at the store and he just happens to have a few strips on him. Glad you're feeling better today though. Are you having blurry vision, with penny sized pupils still or has that passed?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:08 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

qa...it doesn't matter how many times you post...it's your thread :) If it helps you to post everyday, then do it!

I find myself here reading several times a day at this point. I know there will come a day when I don't come here as much but I am using my thread as my own journal. This is my last taper...if I don't make it this time, I will resign myself to life on subs. I MUST do this. Part of my experience is reading and posting at this time LOL....so, post away!

Hope you have a great day :)

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

day 18- not a good night last night. My AC unit broke at my house and it was 90 something last night. I fell asleep around 10:30pm after a struggle and other than being really hot I felt ok. However, it was unbearable.. The kids were sweating, the baby was crying it just got hotter and hotter and I found myself getting so angry. I know I'm emotionally unstable right now but I just couldn't handle it. So I was up from about midnight on just burning up along with the rest of my family. This has got to be the worst week for withdrawaling. I don't feel bad physically but it's like as soon as I'm getting better I get a stomach virus, then my AC goes out, it's a tough week at work, my dealer is messing with my head, etc. I was really upset this morning when we all finally started to get ready. It's a trying time today just trying to get everything together.

Hope- I am interested in that meditation but any instructions?

JJ and Clear- thank you guys for always reading. It's nice to have people in your corner during days like these. Always getting better though. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:00 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thankfully I found this. I'm on day 6 of jumping off subs, and these posts have helped so much. It's good to know I'm not alone.

Nikki

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next