It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:51 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 5- I ended up going to sleep at 9, I couldn't take it anymore. I woke up one time to pee around 1am and fell right back to sleep and slept till 5:45.. I wanted to stay asleep and was still too tired to get up so I still ended up tossing around till 7 but oh well I'm thankful. I don't feel too bad this morning and usually mornings are my worst time. I really hope things keep improving from here. I think being able to sleep, eat and exercise everyday has really helped make it faster.. I hope. Anyways, I'll update later. Thanks

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:51 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Quiet,
Hope you will continue to update on your progress! Your case is interesting in that sub is your DOC...I enjoy reading your progress. I'm still posting and I'm almost into 7weeks! I think this forum is an excellent form of support.

For me, the fatigue lasted a little over a week, maybe two weeks. It was intense! But I think that's because I almost always got an energy boost from taking any kind opiate, whether it was from active addiction or from sub. Now I have to be a normal person and rely on coffee to get me going in the am. ;)

Ok, im off to the gym finally...Hope you slept well, let us know how your day is going today.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 12:27 pm 

QA, I'm glad you got good sleep last night, even if you don't feel totally rested. You're doing really well for someone at day 5!!

Do you still feel strong about your "friend" who is about to get his new script?

I must make a confession as a mod. I am TERRIBLE at remembering each person's details. I tend to get members mixed up with each other. I try to be as accurate as possible, but I'm not always. So I need to ask you two questions. One, how much bupe were you one when you jumped 5 days ago? Two, does your wife know about your addiction? I realize that I suggested that you include your wife in witnessing some statements without knowing if she knows about your addiction.

Sorry that I'm not a great memory person! I guess no one is perfect, but as a mod, I wish I were better. Maybe I should start a notebook on our members to help my memory!!

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Fish, I agree about this forum being an excellent source of support. I enjoy hearing about people who were in active addiction and found a way out, whether sub or not.. Also, I wish I would have done this last time because I ended up writing it all down on a piece of paper until like day 12.. I wish I would have had that paper this time, I remember reading it around day 60 and laughing at how much my emotions were going everywhere. Then I tossed it!!

Amy- I started taking suboxone recreationally around 5 years ago now. I took it for 4 years off the street without ANYONE ever knowing.. I had a really reliable source which is why I thought I had my life in control. So last year, almost exactly, I jumped off at 6-8mgs and my withdrawals went by really fast, by day 8 I was feeling was better and sleeping.. I did have certain things all the way up to a few months but no depression or anything like that after the first week. Mainly just fatigue. So about 6 months after that I relapsed on subs again here and there and finally fell back in for 4 months straight. I, again, jumped off this time at 6mgs. I am unable to taper subs I just have to stop plus once I get my mind set I'm ready to go. probably pretty dumb but.... Nobody in my life, besides the guy I got them from, knows anything about this. Not 1 other person. I do feel very strong, even through the worst of it, that I won't be going back to him. I felt so much better at 6 months clean then I did in 4 years on it.. As I think back I remember the whole reason I got that first one. I can't smoke without opiates.. I smoked for 4 years but if I'm not on opiates its so nasty to me. Even after 6 months out I couldn't do it. So when I quit subs I quit smoking. I was sitting there thinking about how nice it was after everyone left my office to take a 2mgs sub and smoke a few cigarettes. I did that everyday for years... I looked forward to it. So I had tried after everyone left to smoke a cigarette and I couldn't do it and I was sad so that led me to get that first one, then after being off it for that long I remember I smoked like 12 cigarettes in a row. However, I can't not smoke if I'm on them so that was another thing I had to hide from my family which was harder cause its stinks and if we are all out I start really craving and have to come up with an excuse to ditch them I was going to the office for "emergencies" like 5 times a weekend... I'm done with all that and ready to get started on this new journey and becoming something. I had so much more motivation and energy and drive during that short clean time that I planned a trip and executed it to Disney world in that time..

Sorry this is so long. By the way I feel pretty good right now, ate quite a bit and have been running around, not a bad day 5, just hope it continues. It's not usual for such a high dose but last time went the same way and this was a much much shorter stint although my brain wasn't completely healed I'm sure.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

End of day 5, I've been lucky so far only real issues are the less severe like bathroom, not great energy, and not knowing you I'm gonna sleep or not. I do think I've figured it out though, for some not all. So I fall asleep easy every night, however I have to work through it and also take care of family and showers at night for everyone bed time routine and I have a baby.. I can't even lay down till she's asleep or I would feel more guilty if I made my wife do everything. So I am constantly going from 6:45am till around 9:30-10:00pm before I can get in bed. By that time because of having to really push to make it and fake it I'm so beat that not even the withdrawal demon can keep me up.. Although if I had my way and knowing this id still be laying around all day. So again I'm gonna try to be all natural tomorrow, no aids (like help) but we will see. Feeling good, although a little sad but it's for a reason not just out of nowhere. People care for people, its a beautiful thing!!! Good night all, I'm going for 9 hours tonight, we shall see.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:41 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I really hope you get your 9 hours of sleep tonight, you deserve it! You're a good man, a great husband and an awesome father for continuing to help out and stay involved with your family through all that you're going through personally. Not just the tiredness and physical symptoms, but the mental and emotional nature of the whole process. You're super tough, and not many could do what you're doing. I personally was basically a worthless turd when I was at the stage you are at! ;)

Not to mention, despite everything you are dealing with, you took the time to respond to and help me out in my little situation! The thus you posted on my threads means SOOO much to me and helped me to feel like less of a failure. THANK YOU! You must have a heart made of solid gold. SWEET DREAMS!!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:11 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Fish- your words of encouragement always lift me up so I appreciate that so much. And these days my heart is def not solid, its mush. We had movie night last night and watched this George Lopez movie that was kinda sad and man I had to hold back several times.. And I've only cried during one movie in my life and that was green mile.. Haha

So morning of day 6. I know I'm still in the beginning but I feel like I flew here. Like on day 1 I was thinking "this is going to drag on".. So I didn't get my 9 hours. Fell asleep about 10:30 woke up at 2:30 feel back asleep at 4:30 and woke up about 7:30.. However I really could have slept in longer but I had to get up because SOMEBODY was yelling "eat, eat, eat" for 15 minutes in my ear. (My wife) kidding!! So feeling good this morning, still probably the GABA but I'm able to take a good bit less now.. I'll update later when it's not as busy

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:53 pm 

Who can get through The Green Mile without crying at least a half dozen times?? That movie wrecked me! Now if my husband has it on there are about 7 scenes that I stick my fingers in my ears and sing "La, la, la" loudly until it's over. The mouse, when the gentle giant guy is in pain, the botched electrocution, etc. My husband has teared up over that one and I've also seen him tear up over the Brendan Frasier movie with Joe Pesci. Something about Harvard... Oh yah, With Honors.

I'm a complete baby and will never even sit down to watch a movie that has a chance at making me cry. When I do get choked up I lightly backhand my husband sitting next to me and say, "Quit it!" I get mad at the movie and take it out on my husband, then he laughs at me.

I hope your Saturday is going OK QA. You have many Saturdays ahead of you that will be so much better than today. I really believe that!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hahaha, that was too funny Amy!! I enjoyed that. So day 6 has been crazy busy. I started to mow the lawn and got about halfway done before the rain came(we have a tropical storm hitting this weekend).. I love storms. I gathered all the trash cans together and went to the dump (I live in the country, trash doesn't run here).. Then I did my workout and helped finish clean the house and put up blinds. So when we put the kids down for a nap I went down too and slept for an hour and a half. I woke up pretty tired but whatever, better for tonight. Day 6 going pretty good so far, better than most others.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

QuietAddict,

Yeah, the chemical changes in your brain can make you more emotional, but I also think it's part of the aging process. I've noticed even when I'm "stable" chemically, I am getting more and more emotional as I age. I also have a general personal theory about the differences between men and women diminishing as we get older. So, maybe your just becoming more mature ;-)

And, oh yeah, the Green Mile tears me up...as does Forrest Gump!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

quiet addict
I to have experienced or have had my emotions all over the place. It could be a song to watching a movie that could bring it out. It sounds like you're committed. Even the simplest things around the house are a massive undertaking let alone dealing with your kids and having to hide the fact that you do not feel like yourself. I do not like being around people at all when I feel like this.

Anyway I thought I would give you and everybody reading this thread a movie to watch if you just want to let it out. Or just for something different that I happened to stumbled upon . It is a movie called "Snow Angels" With Sam Rockwell and My girl Kate Beckinsale... For some of you give it a chance.

I Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Snake

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks everyone!! I will see if I can find snow angels. I notice now that when I'm off suboxone I listen to music and it'll give goosebumps or get me pumped, etc. I listened to eye of the tiger 1000 times last time and queen..

So about to end day 6 for me in about an hour. Tomorrow will be a week. I feel like I did about day 30 last time, it's just tiredness at night. During the day I feel just fine, a little less energy than usual, but perfectly fine. Then at night is when the tiredness sets in where I just wanna lay down and sleep. I have other symptoms that have never bothered me like the bathroom trips and smells. I can smell things like crazy and its weird. Anyways, just wanted to update. Have a good night everyone.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:46 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Quiet!
So glad to hear you're feeling so good so fast. This makes me very happy :)

Eye of the tiger!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:51 pm 

god_from_the_snake wrote:
quiet addict
I to have experienced or have had my emotions all over the place. It could be a song to watching a movie that could bring it out. It sounds like you're committed. Even the simplest things around the house are a massive undertaking let alone dealing with your kids and having to hide the fact that you do not feel like yourself. I do not like being around people at all when I feel like this.

Anyway I thought I would give you and everybody reading this thread a movie to watch if you just want to let it out. Or just for something different that I happened to stumbled upon . It is a movie called "Snow Angels" With Sam Rockwell and My girl Kate Beckinsale... For some of you give it a chance.

I Hope everyone has a good weekend.

It has the word Angel in its title. I'm sure you have great taste in movies, but I'll be skipping it. Sounds like a "3 out of 5" in kleenex! :D

Amy

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:31 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day something (jussst kidding, I'm counting days as often as we all used to count pills) day 7, start of... Well I went to bed late last night, late for me, around 11:30. I woke up at 5:45am.. Not bad but I wasn't thrilled. I did however, again, fall back to sleep about 5 minutes before we had to get up. So that sucks. I noticed a very slight bit of anxiety this morning but nothing very noticeable. It was more like slight pens and needles. I feel ok, except tired but I do in the mornings.. So I'll post later today (you know I will) and let everyone know my situation. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:45 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
It has the word Angel in its title. I'm sure you have great taste in movies, but I'll be skipping it. Sounds like a "3 out of 5" in kleenex! :D

Amy

Amy

This is a good one I hope you reconsider!

Snake

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Man what a busy day. Church this morning, then lunch with 17 family members, then my brother and I took my son to see the new Avengers (recommended).. I just got home and left at 9:30 this morning. And.... I didn't take my Gabapentin with me and I felt ok. I got a little antsy during lunch only because I finished my food way early and was trying to rush everyone else. Haha... I swear sleep is gonna be excellent for me tonight... I've got everything I love.. A tropical storm, really long day, I guess that's it, I thought I could name more.. Anyways, tomorrow will be day 8, or as I like to call it, game changer day.. Also Duke is out of lacrosse tournament so depression may set in... That's all for now and will see y'all on day 8? Later

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:02 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Day 8- :D ... I still woke up at 4am after going to bed around 10pm-ish. I guess I shouldn't be complaining about 6 hours of sleep. I'm still taking the gabapentin but I really don't think I need it anymore. What happens is the mornings I feel kinda blah so i take it but last time I would feel kinda blah in the mornings but once I got moving I felt great, except fatigued. I'm not going to take any tomorrow but I'm about to run out soon anyways so I'm happy about that. I know its a non-narcotic drug but holy cow if it hasn't really helped me through this. I've gotten up to pretty high doses and a friend on here told me I should taper down to avoid risk for seizures so maybe I better try and skip tomorrow, low dose the next day, skip, lower dose, etc. I feel ok, I get sooo freakin tired after dinner every night and have to force myself to work out and its like this tired where you don't want to stand up and your body is heavy.. It doesn't really make you feel bad physically but if you're like me you have no time to sit down until everyone is in bed then if you don't work out you won't feel better faster. Exercise is key for me. I know that this early on even exercise isn't going to cure me but it has helped and I've felt ok through this whole thing. Yesterday was up in the air for a while, but I made it through and feel better today. I will update more later as the day goes on and let yall know how I'm doing. Thanks for reading.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:43 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi quiet!
Soooo sooo glad to hear you are feeling so good already!! Yay! :) :)

Keep on doing your exercise, and keeping busy, and keep that awesome positive attitude that you have... Sounds like you are on the right track!! Thanks for keeping us updated!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Man I've tried to post this a few times so here goes again. My dealer text me earlier asking if I wanted any today. Man, that was tougher than I thought. I looked up different things trying to justify it, etc. finally I said no and I don't want anymore. That had me going crazy for a bit but.... So anyways day 8 is flying by its after 3pm here.. I feel good.. I was really really tired earlier so I got a b12 energy shot and have been doing good since. Those things are a lifesaver. They have vitamins and supplements and no sugar!! So I'll probably update again tonight if not in the morning. Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next