It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It's ok I know what you meant. I take Tylenol and Ibprofin back and forth for pain but very rarely do I ever have any pain. Usually it'll be just a headache which I used to get from suboxone if I didn't have subutex. Anyways things are going good here. My script I believe expired today so I couldn't pick it up if I wanted. It's taken some will power and sit down talks with myself but I'm here still pushing. Thanks to everyone who showed support. I'll still be posting. Day 22 coming to an end!!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:12 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hey, qa...looks like I missed all the excitement around here! Was there a troll alert?!!!

Your script expired?!!! Yay! It's got to be an exhuberant feeling to know you are DONE. D-O-N-E.
LOL....I am so very proud of you for not filling that thing. You are oh, so close now to more better days than bad ones. Can I tell you how jealous I am that I can't just walk off like you did? You are one strong person to jump from a high dose.

I hope you are still around when I jump someday...I will need to borrow a couple ounces of that courage :) I've been on this stuff 7.5 years and I want to be D-O-N-E too :) :) :)

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:15 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

CA, posts like yours are the ones that seem to keep me going in the tough days so thank you. I hope to still be around for a long time to come and am enjoying watching your progress also. You've already gotten further than you did last time. Hey why not try to skip a day or so just to see where you are? Or just try to go as long as you can without just to see how much lower you should go. I don't know if that's a great idea but it just came to me. You seem to want to be off bad. Oh and also, yes somebody came on saying to "F" everyone on this site and "F" suboxone and that I'll be back on pills soon etc.. Just someone who was angry about something I think and someone who hates suboxone now that they're clean even though they couldn't have ever done it without suboxone. The moderators caught it and knew what it was and thankfully got it off my page. Day 23, chugging along!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:06 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Wow...day 23. It's almost behind you, qa. The next 4 -6 weeks should see big changes for you.

I will go to 1 mg next Sunday and once I get comfortable there, I will try to skip some days and see how it goes. If I could take 1 mg every other day, I would be fine with that. Since my loose goal is to be ready to jump at the end of this year, I've got time to play around when I get to those lower doses.

This taper is not free of w/d....we all have to pay the piper sometime...I just want to pay him as little as possible.

Sorry there was a troll on your thread. Sub is not evil and it has saved a lot of lives. Yes, it's not a cake-walk to get off but either were the other drugs, hence why we are here.

Very proud of you! I do hope you will stick around...your positivity is needed. Have a great day! :)

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just wanted to check in on day....(drum roll)... 24.. It's still very early and I know I still gotta lot of pushing to do and a lot of tough times ahead but for now, just enjoy it. Also, anyway one of the moderators can move my thread to the stopping suboxone section? I posted in the wrong area and really only wanna be in the bupe in rear view section when I'm updating in pieces. That and maybe more people looking for people stopping suboxone will come across it. Just an idea, if not its cool. I'm almost at a month by golly!!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:32 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

qa...message one of the mods and ask them to move your thread...that way, you know they'll see it. I think it's a great idea to move over to "stopping suboxone".

You are doing so well to have jumped from 6 mgs. I am so happy for you....keep up the GREAT work. You say you may have tough times ahead...well, you may not. The worst may be over and it's only uphill from here.

I've got it stuck in my head that it takes 12 -16 weeks for our us to be feeling really "normal" again. You are well on your way now :)

Did you get your A/C repaired?

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I did, we got it fixed the next evening but not before having to spend the night with crying babies and 5000 degree weather. But it's in the past now :D ... You know its funny because just from past experience it's nice to say I have X amount of months or X amount of years clean but the best time to me was like 2 months in because all the physical symptoms have long been gone and you're just starting to notice how much better music sounds, how much harder you laugh at things, how great you feel all the time and I was so extremely happy thinking "I feel awesome, I'm working out everyday, I'm laughing/loving/socializing more and it was like I was on cloud nine"... Don't get me wrong though it just got better and better from there but I remember at 4 months writing a post about feeling kind of lost. I was thinking well now that I feel normal what am I supposed to do with my life. And then a few months after that I quit doing everything I was doing to stay healthy and drug free and lost it. This time I know that I have to continue with my new lifestyle and not think "ok, I'm safe now" cause it'll come back to bite me. I also know now how fast you can go right back to it thinking just one time will be enough. I never want to go back on substances, I want to enjoy life like I did for that short while and never have to worry about the "what ifs".. Lastly I think people quitting just want to get back to that time before they took opiates. They think back to how much energy they had, or how they had all these hobbies before they got addicted to drugs and think that they'll magically feel like that again. Fortunately (yes fortunately) it doesn't happen like that and you become a NEW you. A NEW person and for me, that person was cooler than the old me. So don't stress about when you're going to feel like your old self again but focus on feeling like the new and improved and much stronger you that has been through hell and back and is a way better person for it.. Be safe everyone.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm glad you're doing better, how are you recovering from your surgery.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm doing pretty good after the surgery. This might be tmi but I got bit by one of those cow ants on them the other day so the bite started to swell and really hurt and I would've started yelling about this being one thing after another but I'm trying to learn to control my frustration and realize life has obstacles but if we let those become excuses to justify our behavior as addicts then we will continue to fail. Never will there be a time to get off where life will go perfectly till I'm back to normal. However, with all that being said I think the past few weeks have brought an unusual number of bad things happening to me and that was a test and so far I've made it through and I think its made me stronger and given me some encouragement. Thanks for checking in on me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That sounds painful. You shouldn't let ants up there though! The next months are the goods ones then we need to keep each other honest and not relapse!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:49 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

What in the world is a "cow" ant? Never "herd" of one! lol
Thank you, I will be here all week! lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:54 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Yes, exactly what is a "cow ant" and how did he get in your pants?!!! I'm sorry I laughed because I know it's painful but a cow ant?!!!

Seriously , hope you are having a great day and each day is just getting better and better! I will think of your willpower when it comes my day to jump off the train :)

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:19 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

https://www.google.com/search?q=cow+ant ... CAYQ_AUoAQ

Check it out. It's one of those red and black huge suckers. I wasn't sure if I got the name right but I googled them and that's what it was.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:24 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Wow quiet!
I have never seen one of those types of ants before. I have seen big red ants but not one with velvet on them and hope I never do! lol They are not common where I live. Can I ask what part of the country you are from?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:41 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

OMG....that is one scary looking bug! I used to live in Texas where we had fire ants. I was filling my children's kiddie pool one morning and felt some stinging on my ankle. Looked down and my foot and ankle were covered and they were moving up! I took the hose and washed them off....had so many bites that I had an allergic reaction. The next day, my whole body was covered in a fine rash...and my husband was taking me out to dinner for our anniversary! I looked like I had a case of chicken pox!
Yes, ants are nothing to sneeze at!

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:06 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You still doing okay QA?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm doing pretty good, how about you? It's been a while since I posted but I figured it was kinda fizzling out anyways. I have been reading everyday and sometimes commenting on others just haven't done an update. I'll probably wait till 60 days to do a real long one.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Im doing great, figured that's what you might be doing but just wanted to make sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Guess who's back? Sorry it's been so long. I was going through some anger issues for a bit and didn't wanna log on and say something id regret. I feel better now going into 3 months. Half way to where I left off. Thanks everyone for all the support. JJ and clear are y'all still here? Amy? Everyone? I'll post back later when I'm not driving, this is dangerous.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:42 am 

I'm here!

It's so normal to feel angry through this process, but I want you to know that I really appreciate that you avoided posting in anger. That takes a lot of self control!

That being said, we always love to hear from you, so I'm glad you're back, even if you're just checking in. 3 months is an awesome start into your journey off bupe!

What's new with you?

What's new with us? Hmmm... were you around when I announced that I got into grad school for addiction studies? I still get chastised here and there: taper-journal-t11501-60.html

What are you doing that helps you maintain your sobriety off of bupe? 3 months in do you have any tips for us?

Great to hear from you!

Amy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next