It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Probuphine
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey guys. Does anyone have any information on probuphine. I have done some reading online but not much is available. I know that's because it's still new and currently still completing testing but just wondering as if I can get a implant buprenorphine to last 6 months I would be all for it. Last I heard it may be available mid 2011

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I read that it's in Stage 3 clinical trials in both the US and Europe right now. I also read that the manufacturer, Titan Pharmaceuticals, is in the process of presenting the Phase 3 trial data to the Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting, just this month in fact. "Official" results are expected in the second quarter of 2011, approximately three months ahead of the original schedule. Part of the clinical trials were funded by an NIH grant. With that said, I have no idea, however, how long it will take to get FDA approval once the data is presented.

Some people have stated they don't like the idea of an implant, being that it's such a potent drug - they're afraid of malfunction or something like that. Personally, though, I would be VERY interested in this implant. Anything to make my life easier/simpler. Of course I dose 2-3 times daily for pain, so I might not be a very good candidate for it, depending on how it releases the medication. But this is great news, even if not for me, for suboxone users in general.

Thanks for bringing this up. If I hear more, I'll update this thread. :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm curious how many people here would be interested in using the implant and if not, why?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well I would most def want to get the implant ( pending insurance covers) I would want it for the fact that I would not have to worry about dosing everyday as it would be round the clock doses of bupernorphine. I understand that it's gonna be a 80 mg implant. I think one of the main reasons they are making the. Implant is because it would cut down diversion of tablets however I did read that some people getting the implants for testing did receive a little bit of suboxone. But it still would cut down illeagal sub diversion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yea someone else started a thread about this topic not too long ago. I’m all for medical advances but this would not be for me. I just could have a chip patch or anything else on body knowing I can’t control it. For ex I take sub for pain as well and if I’m having a bad day how would I increase my dose that day like I do with the films/tabs? And for me it would be a step backwards but if they eliminated all films and tab for this then I would def switch to methadone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The films and tablets wouldn't be replaced by this implant - it's a completely different manufacturer. But I'm with you in that I don't see how it could be used for my pain. Unless I were to always get the highest dose, and I don't think I like that idea. For us pain people, we need to have a little bit of control with regard to our dosing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hatmaker510 wrote:
The films and tablets wouldn't be replaced by this implant - it's a completely different manufacturer. But I'm with you in that I don't see how it could be used for my pain. Unless I were to always get the highest dose, and I don't think I like that idea. For us pain people, we need to have a little bit of control with regard to our dosing.

Yea I agree I’m not taking 24 mgs a day if I don’t have too that’s just crazy to think about. Cause most days I only need 16. THERE JUST IS NO CONTROL OVER YOUR DOSE WHAT SO EVER AND IN THE LONG RUN I THINK THIS WOULD MAKE TAPPERING HARDER THEN EASIER! The only way I see this helping is if somebody will be on suboxone for the rest of their life at the same dose that’s about it. When it comes to drug as powerful as sub you need control over how much you are taking.

Post subject: Pain/ Inplant etc.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow, I would NOT want something shoved into me without any PROOF that I wouldn't feel diffent - medicinally. I, for oneejoy my daily ritial, making coffee, dosing, etc. I also like the idea that if I'm in an emergency I can stop the Bupe w/o being sliced into. Just my thoughts. ") God bless America ...huh?

Post subject: P.S.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry about the sloppy spelling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was in the Probuphine trial. You can read all about it on my blog- the link is in my profile.

-Jack Kornfield