It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:51 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi there everyone. I'd like to start off by saying I have no clue if this question is where it needs to be OR if I did this right. I've been on subutex for 2 1/2 years and I've never had a problem at all. I love my doctor he is truly in this business to HELP. I am required to take a drug test every doctor appointment and I go once a month and I have never failed a test, I do exactly what he tells me to, I'm always on time to my appointments and I never cause any trouble. Well last week I went to my doctor and everything was normal. I am a cash pay patient and wanted to save some money so I went to a different pharmacy. Normally my prescription cost 350 at my regular pharmacy but it cost 250 at the one I went to. The Pharmacist was a little mean & I will admit I'm easy to intimidate. When I pick up my prescription I noticed the bag felt lighter but I didn't pay no attention to it. I got out into my car and started to take my morning dose when I realized that the generic pill I got was very tiny. I figured it was still the same and took it. I didn't see much of a difference the first day but every day after that has been a struggle! These pills don't seem to work as well as the other generics I get. I've tried everything to get these pills to work, I've lowered my dose, doubled my dose, tried to crush it up before I put it under my tough, etc. I've tried EVERYTHING I could to get these to work and they aren't. I feel miserable. I'm just not myself. I'm constantly fighting W/Ds and I have to take 3 1/2 just to stop my back pain and my leg pain. I didn't want to call my doctor because I wasn't sure on how he would think of me and I didn't want to cause him any trouble. After talking to my Mom she told me I had to call him so I did. I left him a message and I'm waiting to hear back from him. His office doesn't open until Tuesday. I am to scared to call the pharmacy because the pharmacist didn't seem nice. I'm wondering if I made the right move. I'm move then willing to drive the 2 hours to my doctor & let him have these pills OR take them back to that pharmacy so they can dispose of them. I don't even want my money back considering they probably couldn't resell them & I don't want them to lose money for my mistake. I don't know if my Doctor would be willing to write me a new prescription in trade for the pills I have now. I don't want to put him out or anything I just know I won't make it threw the rest of this month ( 3 more weeks) with these pills. I don't know why these react differently to me. I know it MUST have the same active ingredient but for some reason I just don't feel good. What do you think I should do? I feel horriable having to bother my doctor about this but I just can't get these things to work & taking 3 a day gives me bad headaches. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? Thank you for your time :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:13 pm 

Welcome LittleMiss08,

You said yourself that you get intimidated easily and there lies your problem. Tell your doctor exactly what you told us in your post. You could even print it out and hand it to him if you don't have the courage.

Point is, you need to stand up for yourself. If the generic Sub was a blood pressure med and didn't work as well as the name brand, what would you do? Yep, talk to your doctor and or pharmacist about the difference. The FDA also wants to know if it doesn't work just like the other brands. I don't have the number off hand but a Google search will find it for you.

Can you do this? Your doctor will understand and help you. That is, if he is a good one. And don't take any crap from the pharmacist. Their job is to fill the script your doctor writes and give any advice concerning the medication. Nothing else. Now you got me mad!

Let us know how it turns out, okay?

rule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I would definitely call the doctor and just tell them, they can inspect the pills to see if it is a different brand. I have heard that certain brands of Subutex or Suboxone generics don't work as good as the others. That is just a known fact, the other website that I read from time to time a lot of them constantly talk about how I think its the REVA brand doesn't work as good as the TEX brand. That is the company that manufacture's the pills. Sometimes they just don't work as well as they are supposed to, could be a bad batch or anything of the sort. I always inspect my meds, and most of the time the pharmacist will tell you if they have a different brand or something. I have honestly never had a pharmacist who DIDNT tell me well they will be different this month because we got them from a different company or whatever.
I read somewhere that generic medications are not tested like brand name medications are or they might not be put through trials like the brand names. It is something of that nature. Things like this are normal and they can happen to anyone. You sound a lot like myself, you get worked up when its a lot less of a mess than it actually is. I worry myself sick when it winds up being nothing in the first place. Its also worse when you are in recovery I think, because before with the pills you make yourself numb to a lot of the feelings and worries. Things hit you harder because you are feeling each and every emotion now. I know that first hand. If I get bad news, oh lord you would think the world is coming to a end. I take it very hard, and then it usually winds up being nothing at all.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:31 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you both for answering my question. Today was the first day my doctor was actually in his office and so far it's not going great. My doctor doesn't answer calls, he lets them go to voice mail and will call you back later. They do it this way because they get so many phone calls regarding the Suboxone clinic part & they have no openings so instead of answering the phone 100 times a day they run everything threw voice mail. Well I call on Saturday to let them know what was going on and left a message. The answering machine said they wont return back to the office until Tuesday. So after I took my daughter to school I called again and left a message, this was at 9am. I then tried to call again around 11am after not hearing from them and I went to voice mail, I didn't leave a message because I felt like I was being rude and pushy Lol! Finally I got a returned phone call at 3:00pm. I was driving home so I pulled over to take the call because I thought if I missed that call I would be waiting another day before I got to talk to them. The recipients called me back ( the recipients is his wife) She asked me what was going on and I explained to her that the generic subutex I got was different from what I normally received. I told her that I've tried to make it work for 7 days and so far things are getting worse day by day. She was confused on why I got a different type of generic then what I normally got. At first she thought I may of had the wrong medication until I read the name of it off my bottle. I told her that I knew it was subutex but it isn't working like the other brand does. She said they don't make many different brands and was unsure on why I received a different brand. She told me to call the pharmacy. I then called the pharmacy. At first a intern answered so I asked to talk to the pharmacist, I got put on hold and waited 30 minutes. Finally after 30 minutes the same intern asked if it was something he could help with. I explained the situation and he told me he would get the pharmacist for me, I sat on hold another 30 minutes. In total I was on hold for a hour. I hung up and called right back. I talked to the same intern again even though he tried to act like he was a different person. I re told my story as he kept telling me our signal was breaking in and out even though I talked to him in the same place I had before with no problem. After all that I got told that it was the same medication, he don't know what is going on with me & that since it's been a week they can't return the pills and that brand is the only brand they can get. I then tried to call my doctor back, left a message and I still haven't heard from them.
It's now 9:20 pm here and I started this whole thing at 9:00am this morning, it's been 12 hours. I lived 1 1/2 hours from my doctor and with the way they answer calls I don't know when I will be able to actually talk to him. My W/D systems are getting worse I have even started to have cravings again that is getting really hard to fight. I wish I had a faster way to contact my doctor because I don't know how much longer I'll be able to do this. I'm missing out on so much, my house is a mess, I'm laying around, etc. Halloween is coming up and I can't be down for it, I want to enjoy the day with my daughter. My mother said that we will go up there in the morning after I drop my daughter off & this plan worries me. He has told me before that he can only take suboxone patients on Tuesday of each week because he is actually a different kind of doctor and the rest of the week he is with them. I'm not sure how he would react if I just show up but I'm at a loss on what to do. My mother will be with me so she can be my voice if I need it. I was raped by my boss and since then I have a problem with talking to any man of authority. If I wait for a returned phone call it could be tomorrow evening or next week, I'm not sure. I love my doctor I just wish he had a better way to contact him. I believe his wife may be confused on what I'm talking about because I started crying while talking to her! I feel the only way I can get my actual point across is to just go there and speak with him face to face but I'm terrified that it would be rude/pushy and he kick me out. I don't know what I should do. What would y'all do in this situation? The pharmacy people were rude and just tried to push me off the phone and my doctor never answers his, what options do I even have, if any? Sorry this is long and I'm bothing y'all with yet another question but this is the first time I've experienced this and I have no clue on how to handle it! Oh and I found the dose that will help at the end of the day. It's 4 1/2....4 1/2! I used to only take 1 1/2- 2! I will only get relief when I take my last dose of the evening. I won't let myself take that many because it can't be safe Lol! Thanks again for answering my 1st question & I apologize for throwing another one at y'all!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:07 pm 

LM08,

The only solution to your situation seems to be to let your body adjust to the lower dose of Sub until your next Dr's visit. Then tell your doctor that you are changing pharmacies so you can receive the medication that works properly.

Please call the FDA. If people don't complain they will continue manufacturing this defective product. Here it is:

U.S. Food and Drug Administration
10903 New Hampshire Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20993
Ph. 1-888-INFO-FDA (1-888-463-6332)

Your body will adjust in time. Relax and try not to think about it very much. Your mind is your worst enemy.

rule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:28 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi guys! Well I did go to my doctors office, my mother & I drove up. Unfortunately there was nothing they could do. They did agree with me about the pharmacy was being rude so they called and got some answers. Of course the Pharmacist said that everything was the same and they wouldn't exchange the pills and my doctor couldn't rewrite the script for less pills or anything. I was a little upset about the way they chose to do the answering machine thing because I could of dealt with all of this yesterday instead of going down there to figure out what the next step should be and what he thought I should do. His hands were tied in this situation though which was something I understood but it was still a little upsetting so I did end up crying .___.. Ugh! I felt like an idiot and the more I tried to stop the more I cried Lol! I guess I'm just a crier Lol! After I left I was a bit concerned on what my next step should be, how am I going to get threw 3 more weeks of this?, What about Halloween with my daughter, etc. Of course I was a little mad. I've been a great patient compared to some of the people that I've talked to that has went there. I talked to this one lady that has failed numerous drug test for heroin, she said ( the doctor knows I slip up sometimes, he's cool with it, he gets me." I've also been there when a person walked in a week early for his appointment. When the recipient seen him she said " this is the 2nd time you did this, I don't know if he will be able to write you another script or not this time because it's early." He said he had to go out of town again and wouldn't be able to wait. Now, I get this happens and come happen more then once that wasn't the issue. The issue was I heard him talk rather loudly about how he sold his pills and ran out, how much he sales them for, etc. My Mother asked if I could come in a week early and I was told no because it will be a early script & they won't fill it BUT when the person who sits 10 inches from her desk and talks openly how he sales his script comes in a week early they write him another script. Actually, A LOT of people sit in that waiting room and talk about how they sale their scripts and use other drugs loudly and openly and if they ever need anything they find some way to make it happen.
My Mother & I did some retail therapy Lol! I've been gone since 9am and it's now 8:47pm and I'm starting to calm down a bit. I really try to be a good citizen and patient. I wake up at 3am so I can do my make up and look nice so I don't get an attitude from the pharmacy, I show up a hour early for my appointment which is 7am and the office opens at 7am so I stand outside for a hour before the doctor shows up ( we all get appointment times but it goes more like first come first serve, if you aren't one of the first ones in there you will be waiting for 2 hours just to go back because of people showing up super early to get in early), I am very polite to the pharmacy workers even when they are rude to me. If I'm out and about and see someone who needs help I help them, I smile at everyone I see ( even though 90% of the time people just look at me like I'm stupid Lol), if something has been knocked off shelves I will stop and put it back where it belongs. My Fiance and I used to be poor, living off of 200 dollars a month with no government assistance ( thank goodness for my family help) in the last year and a half he's got a great job making 80,000 plus a year. We own our home and we don't spend a lot of money. Since we are finally on our feet and caught up on our bills we help 1 random person/family a month with something. We will help buy clothes or food or pay a electric or gas bill. Things that people need when they are down on their luck ( everyone gets to that point once in their life, everyone can get out of that situation and no one should be looked down on for being at a financial low point ). We love to help people, we love to be nice to people. I know this may sound crazy or childish but after witnessing everything I have with this world it seems the stingy, rude, annoying, and do what ever it takes to get on top kind of people rule this world. I'm starting to wonder if I should be like that, should I? Do you really get "on top" by acting that way? Today I walked past an item in a store that had been knocked down and no one picked it up. So I walked past it and didn't bother picking it up, I eventually went back and put it where it belong it felt weird not to. Is my daughter watching my actions and learning to be like me so she can get ran over her whole life? Of course it isn't all about the doctor. I HAD 1 friend that I helped with anything that I could. They needed money to go to their appointments I would help them anything they needed I'd try to help. Well now both her and her boyfriend go to the suboxone clinic. They both get 80 plus a month, they sale 1 whole script and keep the other. After they got into the clinic and no longer need me for support they don't come around as often BUT I do hear from them when they need money for their appointments even though I'm sure they make tons of money from their 1st script. To tell ya the truth it's happened with every "friend" I've made since I've been in high school.
I'm getting tired of being last and being the one to suffer when I try so hard and truly enjoy being a nice person. I've seriously thought about just being another one of those people. No more smiling, no more helping out with anything or picking things up or holding doors, helping people load their groceries, etc. I think I may just try it. I know this may sound over dramatic to say the least Lol BUT I needed to vent because I didn't want to worry my mother. I may wake up and feel different tomorrow anything is possible. This world is being consumed with people who are out for their selves, they may of not always been that way but eventually learned like I am now and has chosen to change. I'm upset and aggravated tonight. The advice from the recipients was to not take more meds because I will run out, just take my regular dose and get threw the 3 more weeks. She didn't care what I was saying because I was just another addict, the doctor didn't bother to talk to me. He seen me and just kept doing whatever he was doing. I understand I came in unannounced ( she had yet to check the message I left her at 6:30pm last night so she didn't know anything else about what happened after I called the pharmacy) but I feel like he could of at least waved at me and said hello. I'm tired of the sterio type that comes along with being an addict. I thought m doctor was there to help but after how he acted today, like I was a complete stranger and NOT someone who PAYS for his advice. It was more like a " I'm just someone who comes in once and month, gets a script and whatever else happens to me just happens and to NOT worry about answering questions because they are addicts and are lying" . I'm hurt that the doctor that I thought was there to help is actually there to just collect more money. I guess I did end up putting this on the right category considering by the end of this experience I ended up complaining about a doctor and pharmacy Lol! I learned a lesson though: Do NOT even attempt to try any other type of generic medication that you never got before. Instead hassle the pharmacy & tell them " you know this won't work and you want your script AND money back" because apparently that is the only way to get what YOU need and NEVER worry about anything other then what YOU need because that is how I will be acting from now on Lol! Thanks guys for listening, I'm upset now but maybe tomorrow will be different. As for the pills not working as well. I will do what I have to do to make sure I'm able to function for my daughter. I'm hoping my body will adjust to this soon because I'm about to break and the depression is sitting in. I've been fighting the devil for a couple days now, he's testing my faith and putting thoughts in my head. I know my faith is strong but I just don't know if it's this strong. All I can do is hope it is and fight hard and hopefully next month will be better. Thanks again for listening :)

PS: RULE62, Thank you for the number and advice. It is greatly appreciated & I will call that number tomorrow! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:18 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I had the same problem with the real small ones, but I knew I had to go with it til the next fill. No fun! I went through a phase when I said no one was going to matter but me, also am the person to put things back on the shelf that someone else dropped. the yeari did that was terrible, the yeari got addicted. Don't stoop to other's level, be who you are, just add that you matter add well. Good thing is, your tolerance will drop so you won't need as much when you get your new script!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:49 pm 

LittleMiss08, are you still around here? I must admit that I somehow missed your posts the first time around and didn't end up reading them until now.

I hate that you were feeling so low the last time you posted and no one answered you! I'm sure that you somehow got through those tough weeks, so how are you doing now? I hope that you've had a wonderful holiday season! Please give us an update.

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello! Sorry for the late reply...but several people will be or are in your position at the moment...your insurance is most likely the reason why your pill has changed. Im from MA so it might be a little different, but when the orange hexagonal shaped ones were out, they changed it to the strips...then white round pills, which could also be subutex. Your doctor will not give you subutex unless your pregnant, or your informed before hand. The makers or suboxone have been trying to make it more tasteful and easier to dissolve. I have strips, and a lot of people do not anymore. Check with your insurance. Or your pharmacy as well. Some Pharmacies carry different suboxone, so that could also be why as well...