It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: problems w/ sub
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:21 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

NEED ADVICE. TOOK SUB ON WEDNESDAY FELT FINE FOR AN HOUR. SOONAFTER EXTREME DIZZINESS DOC THINKS BP DROPPED. BECAME DIZZY AND SICK HAD TO GO TO BED. NEXT DAY STILL DIZZY (VERY). ONLY TOOK ONE 2 MG SUB. LAST VIC WAS TUESDAY MORN. NOTHING SINCE TOO DIZZY AND AFRAID. TODAY IS FRIDAY 48 HRS AFTER FIRST DOSE STILL DIZZY. DOC SAYS NOT W/D. ANY EXPLANATION FOR SEVERE REACTION TO SUB? PRIOR TO FIRST DOSE WAS TAKIJNG 5-8 VIC (NOT ES) A DAY FOR YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS. HELP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

lp

You were on a pretty small dose of narcotics compared to most of us. I was using about twice as much as you did when I started suboxone and I had a very hard time getting adjusted to it. My problem was that I got so sleepy that I could hardly stand it. I never got a DWI, but was actually pulled over by Highway Patrol after taking suboxone because they suspected I was under the influence. A few cups of coffee and making sure I was't drowsy before I got behind the wheel helped ,even so there were a few times that I had to pull over and take a short nap before proceeding. Suboxone is stronger than vicodin(read what Dr. Junig has written about suboxone and it's potency.) I hope that you are able to stick it out. I felt better after a week or so and after a few months felt normal on subxone. Jean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:24 am 
lp - How strange! Don't think I've read anywhere before about Sub causing dizziness. I'm sure it's possible and that must be what caused it. I suffer from episodes of vertigo/dizziness myself. Nothing to do with Suboxone as I've had the problem for years. It really is a miserable feeling. I'll tell you what works pretty well though is Meclizine. You can buy it over the counter as Bonine or non drowsy Dramamine. I know it sounds lame but it does help me quite a bit and maybe it will help you. I hope so. It would be a shame for you to have to stop Suboxone because of this.