It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Problem please help
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:27 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been having problems with my dosage, my dosage from my dr is at 24 mg, Sometimes I feel like I have to take more. Is it in my head. My body tells me other wise because when I take four a day I feel so much better. I need to know if I cut down to 8 or even 4 mg will I have any wds. I have to go 10 to 12 days to get my script. I have 9 and a half. I have been having problems sharing my meds to. With my dad and his old lady. They both have been on it about the same time as I have. If one of us is out we share. This is how I always run out early. My dr is getting me approved for the four a day but she wants me to try to start taking my meds in half. like 4mg here 4 mg there that type of way. I hate running out and I keep telling myself I won't share with them again. They both help me out though after I have shared. I just want the sharing to end. I have even thought of looking for a new place to live. I don't know what to do. I got 27 just the other day and do to sharing my meds i have 9. I know it needs to stop but I worry about my dad being out. I was living with my aunt and I had let her hold onto my medicine and I never ran out early. She would tell them no if they asked for some. I know its my fault for sharing I just don't know what to do, will 4mg get me through the day. I don't know why it is that I feel like I need so much. Could my opiate receptors be that bad. Is there a way to check them.

Post subject: Re: Problem please help
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:33 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I really want to get on the right dose but how do I tell someone no that is very close to me. I want to be on the right dose. I hate running out like I said. Its the same damn thing every month. I hate living this way. I want to move back into my aunts and grandmas but my sister has said no because of to many people. Has anyone else had a problem like this. I need all the help I can get

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:23 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ev,I have a little experience with the whole sharing thing not suboxone but other meds back in the bad days not too long ago and I can tell you without a doubt it will inevitably end bad..I had a group of friends that we always helped each other out month to month and lo and behold someone always would fail a U.A. Or break a contact or just plain ole screw me family or not you are gonna have to be strong and say no before you end up in trouble with your doctor or worse yet the law..because I promise you there is no good ending in that aspect of your problem I know I know it was one of the hardest things for me to do was see one of my bros in w/d and tell him no but its gotta end somewhere sounds like your aunt would be your best bet to help..as far as your taper there are awesome people on this site that can help u more good luck

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:06 am 

Hey Evil,
Your problem is not unusual im afraid. Friends and family are thr first people to put our sub treatment in harms way.
Your Dad and his women need to man up and take there Own meds correctly. Its not Your problem that they are having
dosage issues. Oh there making it your problem, a problem you dont need to put up with. I understand family is a stroug pull,but the three of you need to understand that this is addict behavior, that you are risking your treatment as Always said earlier. If you cant move to Auntie s house, then get selfish. Its ot like Dad dosent have access to Sub
Starting next script, its time to make some changes. Learn to say no. Otherwise this is turning into a durg for a drug. This isnt recovery. Ive seen this kind of thing here locally for a few years..

24 mgs is a big dose, sure, but you could easy get to 16mgs in a day . And yes, some of yor cravings are as yoj said in your head so to speak, but craving are real know matter where they come from.
It ll take some work, but you can get your dose down Evil. WD simptoms should be minor as you stay above the ceiling effect of Sub. At 8mgs your well above the ceiling imo...

Im notva dr, no expert really, just experienced and have seen much.
Good luck man...and Keep your Sub to Yourself!!!!!

Razor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Ev,

I can so relate to this problem. From reading what others have said above, I guess it's more common than I imagined. My mom and I had the same issue when we were in treatment together. We didn't live in the same household, but It's still VERY hard to tell your parent no when they are in pain and they know you could fix it. To be completely honest, it wasn't only hard on me, it was hard for her as well. That cycle you get into when you begin sharing is never ending. If you ever get started you will always be behind and having to wait on the next persons script to get you where you need to be.

Here's my suggestion. Beginning with your next script tell your Dad that you don't want him to repay you any of the meds he "owes" you. Just count it as a gift and move on. This way he will have enough to get him through if he takes only what is prescribed.

As razor said above, you should have NO PROBLEM getting down to 8mg a day. Anything you feel will be mental. I know, it's easier said than done. But I promise you that there are very few people who need more than 8mg per day to have all their receptors covered. Dig deep and put in some real recovery work. Cravings can be mastered if you begin to tell yourself no. It's just not an option to take more than you are prescribed.

Just an idea...even if you can't move back in with your aunt, maybe she would still be willing to hold your meds for you. She could give you enough for a couple days at a time if she lives within driving distance. This might be enough to break the cycle that has been repeating itself.

Good luck!

Q

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:18 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you guys for the reply's, it means a lot. I think my dad feels the same way about sharing. I have 6 and half left. I am going to take one a day til the 31st that's when I can get my new script. I know I don't have a strong willed mind. I need to start making better decisions. I am going to make me an appointment with my regular dr and talk to her about my opiate receptors. Like I said when I was living with my aunt I was only taking one and a half a day, before that I was living with my dad and the same ole same ole thing was going on. My aunt would not give into me or anyone. I took my meds right for 3 months straight and felt the best I had for a very long time. I am only 25. My name is Clinton. I am going to get things going in the right direction, I am going to quit sharing my meds. I needed someone to talk to and thank you all for the answers. It is very hard for me to say no to my dad. Would I even feel better 8 mg?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just going to add my 2 cents. It seems like when you were living with your Aunt it was a better situation. I also got into a sharing thing with my son. He would run out & I would feel I Had to give him some to get to his next appt. It screwed me up in a bunch of ways and I started taking more sub :roll:

I gave him notice before his next appt that I wasn't going to share and he wasn't even mad...he completely understood and things have been fine. I think some of it was him thinking it didn't matter if he ran out because I had some.

I hope you can get it straightened out.

E

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:02 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

It seems you have been provided your answers. To solidify Id share the following. 24 is unnecessary for maintenance. My doc was very strict and limited me to 16 mg a day always reminding me if carefully taken 4mg will keep you from WD. I took 16mg daily for the past 7 years. I made your mistakes over used my meds, shared etc. they are just that mistakes mate. My story of ending my bupe use may provide you clarity and it's very fresh. I decided after another slip which caused me to go running to my doc for more meds before my date that bupe was no longer treating my addiction. It had become my new one. Remember I was on 16mg for 7.5 years. In December I dropped to 8 for 4-6 days maybe. Then dropped to 4... No issues and I knew this cause I over used and had to resort to small doses as little as 4mg a day to make up my overuse several times in the past 7.5 years. I was down to 4mg for 10-12 days with a plan to taper all the way to 1 mg. But on Friday December 26th a friend of mine chocked on his vomit on a filthy floor and he died. From 4mg taken at 7am that morn as he was dying coincidentally I later that day flushed my remaining bupes. Tomorrow will be my 7th day not taking the meds and it is manageable. On Day 4 my kids came home from a visit to relatives and I as a single dad have managed to care for them. yeah I have no energy and I want to feel bad for myself but I just can't. It's a head game and you have to want to get right or you won't.

Get away from those who share meds. Have a trusted person hold em. Even having to tell a non judgmental friend dude I need 2 more I fucked up helps. My friend did this for me never held my meds hostage and I dosed mor responsibly than ever. You have to believe me about the head game. I used to think about going off and I would wake up feeling panic and WD almost. Just test yourself once. Take half your dose 12 stay busy have shit to do for the next 24 hours. Then take 6 day 2. You might be suprised. Are you afraid of the WD? Or is your addiction still to strong to even consider no sub meds.