It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:40 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Quick back round, 3 years ago I attained a decently substantial addiction to oc, probably 3 80's on the worst day. Anyway lost girlfriend, friends, moved back home. I starting taking subs, that I would find from friends around 2 years ago. I am not even quite sure how, but I stopped everything for 9 months. Then I started to dabble with 30 mg rox, so I started taking Sub again. I've rarely taken over 2m a day, but have been on sub for about a year and a half maybe. I went to an evaluation today, the lady concluded that sub doc's are scams and that I should take a 3 week break from school and work and do inpatient assisted withdrawal. This is not even plausible. I tried going cold turkey yesterday, today early signs of withdrawal.

Anyway, the point is, I want to get off of everything as fast and as painlessly as possible. I am petrified of withdrawals and cannot deal with no sleep. Shouldn't my withdrawals be less severe that I have only taken 2mg daily? What do YOU recommend for tapering down, and knocking this shit out. Until someone answers, I am going to take 1 mg a day for a pill, see what happens. I have xanax, the clonidine sounds like that would be good too. Is tapering down better than cold turkey? If so, how low, over how long. Thank you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you are afraid of withdrawals, then tapering is probably the better choice for you.

Read the Liquid Taper thread and Laddertipper's taper thread for how-to advice.

Good luck.

-Jack Kornfield

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:24 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

misinterpretedme wrote:
Quick back round, 3 years ago I attained a decently substantial addiction to oc, probably 3 80's on the worst day. Anyway lost girlfriend, friends, moved back home. I starting taking subs, that I would find from friends around 2 years ago. I am not even quite sure how, but I stopped everything for 9 months. Then I started to dabble with 30 mg rox, so I started taking Sub again. I've rarely taken over 2m a day, but have been on sub for about a year and a half maybe. I went to an evaluation today, the lady concluded that sub doc's are scams and that I should take a 3 week break from school and work and do inpatient assisted withdrawal. This is not even plausible. I tried going cold turkey yesterday, today early signs of withdrawal.

Anyway, the point is, I want to get off of everything as fast and as painlessly as possible. I am petrified of withdrawals and cannot deal with no sleep. Shouldn't my withdrawals be less severe that I have only taken 2mg daily? What do YOU recommend for tapering down, and knocking this shit out. Until someone answers, I am going to take 1 mg a day for a pill, see what happens. I have xanax, the clonidine sounds like that would be good too. Is tapering down better than cold turkey? If so, how low, over how long. Thank you guys.

This is certainly not answering your question but I was wondering if you have ever really taken enough sub to stop your cravings and make you feel human again..1 or 2 mg. would just be like another drug to get high. If you could up your sub dose maybe 8mg. for a while and see how you do, you might just feel better. It worries me what you are going to do when you get off your subs....how long before you go back to the oc's? You may be able to just quit....and that would be great and I hope that works out for you.

Sincerely,
Slipper

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:26 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Oc hasn't consumed my life in 2 years. I'm not worried about getting back on it at all. There aren't any cravings, or anything like that. My thing is that for a year or so I've just been habitually taking suboxone, and I want to stop taking it. So today is day 3 of taking 1mg instead of 2, and I'm not feeling great. I went to work and I can tolerate it, but how long should i stay on 1 mg before .5, etc...