It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:22 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm new to this site but I've been on Suboxone films for around 5 years. I started on 60 8mg/mo (2 a day) and have slowly been tapered to 30 8mg/mo. I'm in North Carolina and I have Medicaid. I'm not sure how it works in other states but personally I've had a prior authorization sprung on me unexpectedly a few times over the last few years. Its never been on the same date, the same time period or had any sort of warning or had anyone tell me until I'm at the pharmacy, out of medication and the pharmacist says "We're gonna have to do a PA, it could be anywhere from 2-7 days for approval" and of course I'm left high and dry. That happened to me today and its absolutely the worst time possible. I'm out of my strips, I have literally just enough money to cover my copay (meaning I cant pay for any "out of pocket" from the pharmacy until mine are approved) and I'm coming off probably one of the roughest 6 months of my life. Long story short, I just lost my aunt to cancer (she was young) and my uncle was murdered, shot in the head with a shotgun in cold blood (he was also really young). So my point in all this is that I'm freaking out right now! My doctors office doesn't seem to be in any type of hurry to get the papers faxed to get the PA in motion and my pharmacy is pretty much the same. This is a bad time to be withdrawing and waiting for phone calls. Anybody else deal with this or have any advice? I'm losing my shit here lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:06 pm 

Hey Heather welcome to the forum,

I'm so sorry to hear about ur aunt and uncle. That's terrible and I'm sure it's making things double worse not having ur medicine. I couldn't even imagine how stressed out I'd be if that happened to me. Sometimes it seems like ppl get in no hurry for something that's incredibly important to someone. I don't have insurance so I don't know the ins and outs about ur situation, someone will come along that may have a suggestion for u to try to speed up the process.

I think we all fear something like that happening to us at one point or another. In my sub meeting the other day we were talking about triggers that could possibly cause us to think about relapse and over half the ppl said a death in the family. Please stay strong and hopefully ur medicine will be called in soon. It's not fair to do everything ur supposed to do and still have it go wrong. What if this was a heart medication or something? Would they still make ya wait? I'd call that doctors office and beg them to hurry their part up, it can't hurt. Keep us posted Heather :)

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

When I get a PA the pharmacy says it days 1-3 business days ...but it depends on how fast they do it . Every PA I get has never been more then 3 hours ....but also one time I was completely out of strips and my doc wrote a script for 12 for a week for an emergency script bc I was out...which was approved ...but for Mr I must get a PA every 6 months