It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:26 am 
New Poster
New Poster

THIS KEEP ME FROM GETTING JOINT CUSTODY OR VISATATION OF MY 3 YR OLD DAUGHTER...I HAVE BEEN TO REHAB 3 YRS AGO AND COMPLETED A STAY AT A HALFWAY HOUSE A YEAR AND HALF AGO.. I NO MY WIFE IS GOING FOR THE GUZZLER. I HAVE A GOOD JOB WITH THE CITY I LIVE IN AND NO POLICE RECORD JUST THINK THE REHAB THING MAY AFFECT OUTCOME...AND HOW LONG DOES SUBS STAY IN SYSTEM FOR A URINE TEST????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:44 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi deuce -

I am not a lawyer, so anything I mention below is purely what I have found by my own research.

Your question about how long subs stay in your systems is not an exact science. There are many variables.

First, you need a specific test ordered to detect subs. A standard test will not show any suboxone.

If indeed they order a suboxone test, you can use the following "principle." Below pulled from the web:
---------
Using the standard "five half-life rule" (4), 97% of a drug will be eliminated from the body within five half-lives. For example, a drug with a half-life of 24 hours may be detectable for approximately five days...
---------

Suboxone has between 30-40 hour half-life (37 is the mean). If you apply the 5 half life rule, that is 5*37 = 185 hours or just under 8 days.

If you decide to just drop suboxone cold-turkey - it sounds like you already know what to expect from your rehab experience. I don't know if someone being treated with suboxone can be used against them for child custody, etc.

Good luck, if you are being seen by a suboxone approved doctor, have not relapsed, it would seem that your chances of visitation would be normal to me. But, again, I am not a lawyer. Your treatment program is 100% LEGAL.

Please, keep us posted and stay strong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey there.

I saw that Dr. Junig can be used as an 'Expert Witness'. I suppose that given the very remote possibility that your treatment is mentioned, you could possibly hire him or another doctor to prove that Suboxone doesn't affect your judgement or your ability to be a parent, or something like that.. Just my .02. I figured if she was going to mud-sling something like that, then you could easily defend yourself.