It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Preparing to quit
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:06 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everyone. I am faced with a dilema, I have never been prescribed suboxone but i have been taking it everyday from a friend for the past year and a half (or at least since oc went to op). Well now my friend is no longer in the area. I am going to have to quit taking suboxone since i cant get it for myself. the thing is i have felt the "kicks" plenty of times and HATE it! Im scared to quit but even more scared to stay on it for the rest of my life so i have decided to quit. I was addicted to oxycontin and oxycodone. I do not do a lot of suboxone i usually take a razor blade and shave off a little 1" line and snort it (i heard snorting it is like doing 10 times more orally??) but i guess what i am getting at is what i can do to make this easy as possible. How long can i expect to feel like Sh*t? i have been trying to taper off with the very little i have left and been trying to go longer periods before i do more but what else can i do?
Suboxone has helped me get over my oxy withdrawals and has allowed me to find employment and live a pretty normal life but i feel like this is the next step i need to take but to tell ya the truth im scared as HELL!!! I have a daughter and a job i need to function yet for so i hope i dont withdrawal too bad.
Btw i have a friend that gets oxy yet and was wondering if i did a little oxy while i was coming off sub. would that help me get over the wd or would it prolong it? i am not worried about relapsing on oxy only because I know i cant get them after i get the last of the oxy he has, once its out its out forever.
Please anyone if you have any info to help me or comfort me please let me know it would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you everyone and good luck with your recovery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

stay away from the oxy. I took valuims to help when i tried to dt from opiates and it helped a bit, oxy is the wrong road though. also I tried smoking pot and it made my DT's worse 0.o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi, I see you are in a sh**ty place right now. Sorry to hear this. I am surprised more forum members have not jumped on your post, but I am sure they will. I personally do not agree with your snorting your bupe, but whetever melts your butter. Best advise I have for you would be to take what bupe you have and make it last as long as you can by only taking the smallest bit you can as infreequently you can to stave off major withdrawl. Hopefully you will be good to go in 2-3 weeks. I am currently tapering and I am down to 1mg. I plan to step off bupe at 1/16 of a mg. Good luck to ya. It IS do able just depends how bad ya want it.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:53 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

kruegs86 wrote:

Hello everyone. I am faced with a dilema, I have never been prescribed suboxone but i have been taking it everyday from a friend for the past year and a half (or at least since oc went to op). Well now my friend is no longer in the area. I am going to have to quit taking suboxone since i cant get it for myself. the thing is i have felt the "kicks" plenty of times and HATE it! Im scared to quit but even more scared to stay on it for the rest of my life so i have decided to quit. I was addicted to oxycontin and oxycodone. I do not do a lot of suboxone i usually take a razor blade and shave off a little 1" line and snort it (i heard snorting it is like doing 10 times more orally??) but i guess what i am getting at is what i can do to make this easy as possible. How long can i expect to feel like Sh*t? i have been trying to taper off with the very little i have left and been trying to go longer periods before i do more but what else can i do?
Suboxone has helped me get over my oxy withdrawals and has allowed me to find employment and live a pretty normal life but i feel like this is the next step i need to take but to tell ya the truth im scared as HELL!!! I have a daughter and a job i need to function yet for so i hope i dont withdrawal too bad.
Btw i have a friend that gets oxy yet and was wondering if i did a little oxy while i was coming off sub. would that help me get over the wd or would it prolong it? i am not worried about relapsing on oxy only because I know i cant get them after i get the last of the oxy he has, once its out its out forever.
Please anyone if you have any info to help me or comfort me please let me know it would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you everyone and good luck with your recovery.

Why don't you go to a doctor and get some suboxone? You said it has allowed you to find a job and have a pretty normal life. Tapering off with oxy makes no sense..that is your doc..and you CAN ALWAYS FIND A WAY TO GET MORE..don't end up right back where you started!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:21 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I would stay far away from any opiates while kicking, even benzos would be a sketchy topic for me. I haven't used a single thing in over a year at this point. I guess I am open to having a beer or two when I eventually get off, but I will have to wait and see. I am at 3 milligrams now, so its about time to start thinking about this stuff.

If Sub is really working for you think about getting it from a doc, for at least a few months. It would be good to stabalize yourself on a low dose (a mg or two) and work from there.

BTW, you didn't ever live in IL did you? I knew a guy that was born the same year and also went by that nickname. I live in the far North part of the state.