It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

What works for me may not work for you or it may work better. Although I work a health food store I am by no means any more qualified to speak than the guy down the way who works at the buckle.

I've done extensive research and experimented many a time to try to slow and even prevent and stop withdrawals.
I've locked myself in a 24 hour fitness sauna for 20 hours, 30 min on 10 min off for 20 hours that is. I didn't wanna kill myself although I nearly did, I was also pumping my system full of niacin to get everything out of my fat cells and into my blood so I would sweat it all out. I did just that, and im pretty sure it helped big time but when I got home i took a little suboxone so I botched that experiement! I ended up quitting but for only 3 months. I cold turkeyed from 12mg. Don't do that unless you want spine chills for 3 months.

I even FORCED myself to run and run and run during the peak of kickin the suboxone demon because I was hoping to revive my natural endorphins...it probably would have worked after 20 days, not 2 days. So you kinda learn in the process of what works and what doesn't.
I have returned my life to normal. I feel great now. I've been clean since December 10 and I haven't looked back since.

Ok...so as I was saying...PREPARATION is KEY in getting off the demon drug that has in one shape or form encompassed us all at one point.

*If you are NOT allergic to bees or have NO KNOWN ALLERGIES TO ANYTHING, then you may be able to follow this simple regimen. *

Go to your local health food wherever or whoever it is and get these things:

* Bee Pollen - try to get fresh refrigerated bee pollen granules, they may taste bad at first, but 25-35 grams of bee pollen granules can do WONDERS for you. I've had NO cravings and I mean, NO USING DREAMS while eating bee pollen. I take it when i get up and when i go to bed. It's GREAT for suppressing ALL cravings. I used to be an energy drink fiend even before and after suboxone. Not anymore, as long as I take my bee products, I know for a fact, I won't ever have that itch to take anything.
*Biotin-great for mental clarity
* Amino Acids that includes T-Tyrosine- this will help your natural dopamine levels and absorb protein more efficiently.
* Royal Jelly - it will give you natural energy and help you deal with anxiety, many many more irrelevant withdrawals benefits.
* Bee Propolis (limit intake)
* Fish Oil - promotes heart health and brain health because you WON'T be sleeping so give your brain what it needs.
* Ultra Thistle - cleanses your liver from all those nasty opiates
* Find a time released mult-vitamin with lycopene
* Wheat-Grass- cleases your body (keep it in your mind that your trying to wash away this suboxone out of your system.)

Take hot baths daily even if you don't have the energy to start your water and get in and everything, just do it, when you get out, you'll be able to sleep at least an hour or so during peak withdrawals. It's hard to move and it's hard to stay still. Your body doesn't know what it wants to do, it's freaking out so flooding your body with enriched nutrients and cleasers, your body can start fresh, its important you go to the bathroom a lot.

LISTEN TO MUSIC YOU LOVE!! That will help your headaches.

I hate to recommend anything illegal, but smoking marijuana and eating hash oil helped TREMENDOUSLY, especially if you a good kush. I do NOT want a marijuana debate, save it for Washington. I had the luxury of having someone really close to me had enough to last me everyday for 30 days straight. As long as your not exposing yourself to kids or getting behind the wheel I think it's okay. (think sleeping medication) Use marijuana at your own risk and caution. Only use it when you can't sleep or if you need to increase your appetite. It DOES work, do not kid yourself. And for those of you who haven't tried it, don't worry, the only thing that will change is a warm feeling with come over you, your thought process of introspecting might change for the good, (think where did we come from? we are only humans...) You might start thinking stuff like that, lol. It just rids your body of minor aches and pains but most of all, it will help your anxiety levels. And considering you won't sleep for awhile, helping anxiety is really the only way to cope. You just have to deal with it, but marijuana HELPS you deal with in a more...calming manner. Do not sell, or grow or give to kids. Use wisely and at own risk.

Stock up and fruit, bananas, apples, blueberries, and how you get your vegetable intake is up to you. I always recommend Bolthouse Farms brand of juices, unpasteurized and 100% organically natural. I can't stress health enough to everyone. You don't have to be some workout body builder and you don't have to want to lose weight to do all of these things, im strictly speaking from a withdrawal standpoint.

Drink lots and lots of powerade and water and orange juice, carrot juice will clean you out.

Stay AWAY from caffeine; alcohol, cigarettes will only make withdrawal worse. Stick the natural herbs and remedies and get your fish oils and eat right and exercise.
I'm sure all of you know all of this, but an actual success story came out of all that.

I've been clean for 97 days and it doesn't seem that long, but it DOES in a sense of how far I've come in 3 plus months. I still sneeze a few times in a row every now and then and i MIGHT get cold in the mornings although my body is no longer sensitive to smell and touch.

Every day is a great day to be clean and better myself. I would rather add years to my life by living the way life was meant to be lived versus taking away my years by putting some crazy wicked pharmacuetical in my body.
Staying sober is all about preparation and approach. I didn't get sober by having a support group around me or finding my higher power or doing 12 steps, I'll sum it up in
Everyone has the strength to quit and stay off, but its a matter of not just finding it, but using it. It WILL be hard at first, but your body is making you pay for what you did to it, so the sooner you treat it better, the better it will treat you.

I always have to end my article with a cheesy catch phrase..."Looks like we're taking you doooooown town!" -Peter Griffin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I know I am in the minority here, but marijuana gives me major anxiety and tension. Pretty much anyone I've ever told that to acts like I'm crazy and can't believe it, but it does. I smoked it every single day for over a decade. I did it for the head change. But it has never ever helped my pain at all...it increases it bigtime. And I get totally paranoid! :shock: I wish it affected me like it does 99.9% of people, but I just have no desire for it anymore because of how it makes me feel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yeah, what worked for me may not work for someone else, i wish there was a cure all!! lol marijuana doesn't really help physical aches and pains like opiates do. It's a different kind of help. Paranoid huh?! lol that sounds like you were smoking a strong sativa strain of some kind. A good indica will usually help with sleep, it can help the jumpy legs which i HATE!, and it can help with appetite, or all of it may not help any at all...the most important thing is to know oneself, what you can do and what you can't do. I'm not promoting the use of anything illegal ever...I have to say that...lol

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When I read the title to this thread I totally thought it was going to be about the OTHER kind of preparation that is the key to staying off of opiates. You know - fixing your life, learning how to have healthy relationships, setting and achieving goals, learning what triggers your use and coming up with new ways of dealing with those triggers, finding something to do in your life that you love and brings you joy and fulfillment.

You know, recovery.

That's what will keep you off the drugs. Hopefully.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for that Universalbeing. It's great to hear from people what's helped them get clean.

97 days off is a REAL fine achievement. Congratulations. You've nailed the getting off bit! In the scheme of staying off, 90 days is just outta the starting blocks. I challenge you to come back here after staying off for 2 years and tell us how to really stay off opioids. And I'm not saying that to sound patronising at all. I actually DO want you to come back after staying off for 2 years, and let us know some tips on how to get there.

Reviving our natural endorphins can take months, even years, especially off long-acting opioids like buprenorphine / methadone. I was told that it can take 18 months ! post-buprenorphine for levels of protein kinase C (what releases all endorphins) to get back to normal levels. But exercise does definitely speed up that process.

Taurus I don't think you're in the minority re marijuana. Most non-addict / non drug taking people I know who experimented with marijuana actually don't like it. God knows how many people I've talked to of all ages from varied backgrounds who admit they smoked weed once, and didn't really like it, so they didn't do it again and stuck to drinking. Most of the time they say "it made me uncomfortable" "it made me self-conscious" "it's not an enjoyable feeling" etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I like this post. I have been wondering about bee products. I use propolis for female related stuff and it NEVER FAILS me. I may have some pollin. I love that stuff and actually enjoy the taste on my acai smoothies. I will certainly try your suggestions except the weed thing. I smoke it and it makes me tired. I am already tired enough and do not have sleep issues at this point. If I eat it I get anxiety like taurus, but I know many people who swear by it. (It is not illegal where I live Ca.) I NEED ENERGY man! Without interupting my sleep cycle... Thanks for this really great post. Oh BTW, what dose of sub did you come off of and for how long? Thanks again