It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Pregnant :)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This thread will be kind of different as I am not on suboxone anymore. Instead, I will be navigating through my first pregnancy, post sub maintenance and opioid free. It's very early, and normal people would probably wait to post something, but I'm hopeful that I will have a healthy 9 months.. so I wanted to share. First OB appointment is 2nd week of September.

Anyway, here goes nothing! :D

Post subject: Re: Pregnant :)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:39 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Wow...well congrats to you Tiny!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU.. You will do great...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMG Tiny!!!! How exciting!!!!!!!! I'm literally smiling from ear to ear right now. I know you have wanted this for awhile, and you SOOOOO deserve it!

Please keep us updated on every single detail!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Congrats mommy to be!!!! Having a child will be the greatest experience of your life. Plus being pregnant is so much fun! (except morning sickness that shit sucks ;)

I wish you all best and a healthy and happy baby!!!

Much love to you,

Squeaky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:57 pm 

The cat is out of the bag and the bun is in the oven!!!

Congratulations, TD! Pregnancy has been fascinating to me ever since I was a small girl. I could gab about the subject all day. If I had continued with nursing school my ultimate goal was to become a nurse midwife. I'm also volunteering at a daycare center for the babies of addicted women who are in a residential treatment facility. Crazy about babies!

I'm so happy for you!

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations on getting knocked up, TinyDancer!!! Tell your husband I said congratulations and I'm sending him a virtual high five....*smack*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey congrats on the Pregnancy. Just FYI, I was not on any opiates while I was pregnant. And for some reason with all the hormones going on , I never felt any cravings. So I wish you all the best ! For

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congrats! Best of luck! :-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Tiny,

I think it's an awesome way to begin a new thread!!! :D

A hearty congratulations to you new Mom to be....how exciting!! :D

I wish you nothing but the very best, and hope you have a easy time during these next 9 wonderful months! :D

Take care of YOU and please update often how things are progressing along the way! :D

Wooooo Hooooo Tiny!!!! :D

Big Hugs Girl,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:07 pm 

Wow TD, you caught me by surprise with this good news! It makes me so happy to know you are pregnant and most important, not have any opiates to deal with in your system. You're right. It will be a good healthy 9 months for you and yours within.

I love good news. Congratulations!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow, thank you everyone! The supportive words are very comforting. I am extremely excited and doing very well. No sickness, so far anyway, thank god! I will keep you all posted, I promise!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just kidding, I spoke too soon. I have waves of feeling crappy. Hopefully it doesn't get worse than this. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:48 am 

The only solace I can offer about feeling crappy is that I believe this is good news for the health of your pregnancy. At least that is what I've heard. :) I hope you get through the sickies soon!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tinydancer wrote:
Just kidding, I spoke too soon. I have waves of feeling crappy. Hopefully it doesn't get worse than this. :roll:

Hey TD....how ya doing girl?? Symptoms settle down a bit for you??? I sure hope so.

WOOO HOOO your gonna be having a baby!!! I'm sooo happy for you Tiny!!! You and I can do this deal together and I so look forward to chatting with you along the way!

I know we have spoken on different threads, but can you give us an update on your thread here please? I'm sure your friends would all like to hear how your feeling.

As I mentioned on my thread, if you ever need to PM me please don't hesiatate to do so.

Take care of yourself Tiny, and the little bundle of joy too!!!

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Karen,

I'm doing pretty good so far. My tummy feels unsettled throughout the day but it isn't that bad, it's mostly when I have an empty stomach. As long as I keep eating, I'm fine. :D
I'm mostly just focused on my first doctor visit. I am anxious to see/hear a heartbeat, then I will relax a little. I'll relax even more once I'm out of the 1st trimester all together. At the same time though, I am nervous for my appointment! I know she will draw blood and I'm not looking froward to that part. It's always a production with me and I'm scared they'll have a hard time getting samples after all the damage I've done. It's extremely embarrassing. I'm just hoping that everyone is right and that the doubling of the blood volume will make this time different, and easier. Fingers crossed.

Other than that my only symptoms right now are tiredness during the day and sleeplessness some nights. I woke up wide awake at 4am the night before last.. that was fun. :roll:

Oh yeah, my other concern right now is going through this pregnancy without insurance. Yup! No insurance whatsoever. Was supposed to have it through my work this summer but since the mandatory small business coverage was pushed back to 2015, my company is not jumping through hoops to set it up. It's still in the works but very slow moving and no guarantees. So, I'm assuming that I will be insurance-less. I plan to re-apply at the end of the year when pre-existing conditions are undeniable, but it's still unclear whether or not I'll actually be covered for maternity expenses even if I am accepted by an insurance company. So.. that's where I'm at right now. I do not qualify for any type of assistance so I'm preparing to shell out a lot of money for my OB and Hospital. They all require cash payments up front which is about $15,000 to $20,000 depending on whether it's natural or C-section.

And to think of all the Moms out there that pop out babies like it's nothing, for free, that can barely afford to feed their kids. Ok, I'm going on a tangent. Sorry..

Hope you're well!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Tiny!

Oh man, I remember going into my 2nd pregnancy...my little surprize, with no insurance. The good news for me was that despite not qualifying for government assistance before the pregnancy, in my state it's almost an automatic enrollment once you are pregnant. Although I didn't have a job at the time and thus no access to health insurance through an employer so that migt have made a difference. I don't know if all the new laws going into effect with ObamaCare will make a difference, but it's at least worth checking on again if you haven't since getting your good news. I hate to see anyone having to worry about medical costs at a time when you should be able to just enjoy your pregnancy.

It's such a special time for a new Mommy. Getting past the first trimester is a big deal, hopefully you will start to feel better soon! Enjoy that first doctor visit. Maybe you'll get to see your little bean on the ultrasound screen. That makes me think of what my Mom used to say. She went with me to a couple of my first ultrasounds, and after seeing the image she lovingly named the baby inside me "the tadpole". It stuck, through all 3 pregnancies. LOL.

Q

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think I missed something in your first paragraph.. Can you re-explain what type of program you enrolled in despite not qualifying for government assistance?

Thank you for the kind words and info!! I am enjoying this time despite the added financial stress. I really don't care, a family is more important to me that money in a bank, just wish it wasn't so hard for some people. I can actually afford a family and insurance, and I pay more money in taxes than most people would believe, but yet I am un-insurable and have to pay an arm and leg to have my first baby. It's just very frustrating. It doesn't make any sense to make it this hard on people who deserve some breaks too. The upside is once we buy a house & have a baby, we'll get to write off much more.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Duh, I'm sorry I didn't finish my line of thought earlier. What I was talking about was the state funded health insurance. Here it is called TennCare. I believe in California it would be MediCal.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

qhorsegal2 wrote:
Duh, I'm sorry I didn't finish my line of thought earlier. What I was talking about was the state funded health insurance. Here it is called TennCare. I believe in California it would be MediCal.

Interesting. I just assumed there would be some income cap associated with this program. I'll have to check it out.

ETA: I found it. There are income qualifications that I don't meet, even if I didn't work. :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Is anyone else RH Negative?