It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnant :)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you!

Today's visit was a bit interesting. I thought I was in the clear as far as having blood drawn and being labeled an addict but I think I jinxed myself. I had to get 2nd trimester blood drawn (I opted out of the NT scan and just wanted to do the simpler blood test combo) and lo and behold she had trouble today. I don't know what it was.. I even reminded her of where she hit last time but she couldn't find it. She was fishing for a while and it actually hurt after a point. Anyway, then came the question "where is that scar from?" And I replied "a long time ago." She was pretty good and left it at that but then went right into the scar knowing that I'd have a vein there. My right arm is my only option as my left is useless. Anyway, she poked through the scar tissue and found it. I just wanted to be done with it! Grr.. It feels like a hard knot and it's a really weird sensation now that I'm not used to being poked there daily. I hate it.

Then, they tell us my husband he needs his blood drawn today as well, so they can determine if he's RH- or RH+. Great. So he gets onto the patient table and rolls up his sleeves and the nurse's comment, and I quote, is "Ay Dios Mio." At that point, I died!! His arms are a mess and have had abscesses removed, etc. It took forever to get blood from him as well and he ended up having a mini panic attack. He called it a hot flash but I think it was anxiety, he just doesn't know what anxiety is because he's usually so calm. They nurse made him lay down and she brought him water!! :shock: Finally, she tries a butterfly on him as well and finds one in his forearm. I'm not sure what happened with my husband, because I know for CERTAIN he is not afraid of needles, but the whole thing just triggered anxiety. I guess that's fair since he hadn't seen a needle in almost a decade and was poked over and over. I guess I was prepared for it.

Anyway.. so much for not being labeled an addict. Pretty sure it's crystal clear now. :roll: It's crazy how it follows you for life.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey I just got caught up on here. Congrats on the boy! How exciting. How far along are you now?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Girl!

Thank you. I am 16 weeks and 4 days. :D Hope you're feeling well!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:44 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello,
Why don't you look into a new plan under obamaCare. I know it differs state to state but I'm sure you can get someone on the phone to guide you through your options. My sister just purchased a plan for about $80 a month and apparently she has full coverage. It doesn't take effect until January 2014 but you won't be incurring big hospital bills until 2014 anyway. Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks, DeeMZ!

I've been on obamacare like white on rice. I've already signed up with a great plan which should be effective Jan 1. I'm thrilled to have the security of insurance while delivering my baby. I'm still paying for the OB out of pocket and all the lab work, extra scans, etc.. But the real fear was the delivery and hospital expenses. I still feel like it's too good to be true and something could happen, so I'll believe it when it finally kicks in. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yay! It's a BOY!

I know I've teased about little boy's on the forum...but I wouldn't take anything for mine. There's a very special bond between a boy and his Mommy that will never be replaced. You are very blessed Tiny!

I was cringing when reading your post about the blood being drawn. I'm sure it was horrific for you. But, I would hope the nurses and doctors would be very impressed with you and your husband because of how far you have come. Who cares what they think. I'm proud of you anyway!

Hope you have a good weekend!

BTW - When's the house closing?

Q

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Everyone I know tells me of this bond between mother and son, that is like no other. I'm really excited for a little boy and I had a pretty strong feeling this last month or two, that was the case. I truly want to experience both, though, so I'm hoping my next little one is a girl.

Thank you for the kind words. The blood thing was more annoying than anything else. I'd just like to be a "normal" patient for once. I guess that ship has sailed, though.

Our official close date is 11/22 but we're hoping to close early, by end of next week. Everything is pretty much done, they are just making some fixes to the house.

Have a good weekend!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:13 am 

tinydancer wrote:
Everyone I know tells me of this bond between mother and son, that is like no other. I'm really excited for a little boy and I had a pretty strong feeling this last month or two, that was the case. I truly want to experience both, though, so I'm hoping my next little one is a girl.

Thank you for the kind words. The blood thing was more annoying than anything else. I'd just like to be a "normal" patient for once. I guess that ship has sailed, though.

Our official close date is 11/22 but we're hoping to close early, by end of next week. Everything is pretty much done, they are just making some fixes to the house.

Have a good weekend!

May I make a suggestion? Go to a friend or relative's house for Thanksgiving this year! Or even out to eat! Because even if you can find your roasting pan, I doubt you'll be in the frame of mind to be cooking!!! :D

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

^ I have yet to have to do a TG dinner. Still do them at older relatives houses. I like it that way :)

Just wanted to give a quickie update. I'm back from 2 weeks of holiday travels. Now that the holidays are over, moving is complete and we're back from traveling, things will be back to normal for a while. I haven't been able to log on much this past month, so sorry about that.

I am doing great! Getting bigger by the day. :shock: I've had a pretty smooth pregnancy, all things considered. Never had any morning sickness or constipation (the usual suspects I continuously read about.) I am gaining my weight in a healthy way, so far anyway! We'll see how all the food on this last trip affects my waistline. All things are going very well. My only complaint is that I still get restless legs at night. Only when I'm sitting down in a chair or on the couch. If I lay down flat, I am fine.. go figure. The problem is that you can't lay down flat after eating, so I try and hold out as much as I can sitting upright, but the RLS reminds me of detoxing, so it's annoying. There are worse things though.. I've had no cravings what so ever, I'm relieved about that although I do know it can change at a moments notice.

Lastly, I'm finally feeling movements all the time. I was told I have an Anterior Placenta, which is when the placenta attaches itself to the front of the uterus causing a cushion between the baby and the top of your belly. This makes it harder to feel movements and kicks at an early stage. I started feeling movement at 21 weeks and now, at 25 weeks, I feel them all day. I love it, it's the most amazing feeling in the world.

Happy and healthy New Year to all of you!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Tiny!

Glad to see an update from you. But dang, I remember those nights of no sleep because of RLS in pregnancy. I wish I could tell you it will get better soon, but I can't lie... :( I had it up until the babies were born with all 3. The last one especially, I think it gets worse when you are a bit older, for me anyway.

So is the new house all settled? Nursery ready? I bet you are soooo happy to be back home after such a long vacation, and to be able to come back to your NEW HOUSE! :D

Congrats again!

Q

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Tiny,

Sure is nice to hear from you, it's been a while. Also great to hear things are going so well. Hope you are thoroughly enjoying the new home. I bet it's beautiful! As Q said I was also wondering if the nursery is ready to go? Any special items adorn it?

I also have the very same complaint as you are having....that darn RLS. It's driiving me bonkers. I have tried everything to get it to go away. Hot baths, heating pad, etc. Even tried sleeping in my recliner and that made very little difference. Scary that Q says hers lasted until the babies were born! Yikes! One person suggested sleeping in a toasty warm sleeping bag!!! :D Might work?!

Isn't feeling the baby's movements amazing? It's the most wonderful feeling ever and so hard not to smile everytime it happens. Mine feels like shes doing cartwheels sometimes! Have you picked out any names yet? I had a name all set and my mom and a good friend suggested I pick 2-3 different names. I had a favorite, but chose two more additional names. They said as soon as she was born and I held her in my arms I would then know what the right name would be! Makes good sense to me.

I'm just a little ahead of you being about 28 weeks myself. Overall doing good and getting anxious to meet the little one as I'm sure you are too.

Congrats to you Tiny and please update again soon!

Happy New Year!

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey girls!

Regarding the RLS, the good news is that I don't have it when I'm laying down, so I have no sleep issues. It's only when I am in the sitting position. I can't help but wonder if the baby is pinching on a nerve or something when I'm sitting upright. Who knows.. but I'm grateful that I can sleep just fine.

I have not done anything with the nursery yet.. nada, zilch, zero! When we moved into the house, our closets came completely empty, no shelves, poles.. etc. So we've been using the baby room as a make shift closet. We had to rent garment racks and everything to keep our clothes hanging. We have the closet installation happening tomorrow (I'm thrilled!) and will finally be able to organize everything out of the baby room. Once it's empty, I can begin to start planing for what we want. Honestly though, it'll probably be closer to feb/march before I make any real updates to the baby room. Our funds are a bit depleted after the house purchase and holiday trip.. We need to re-boot.

No names yet! We have a few "maybes" but nothing that is truly working for us. We're limiting ourselves as we're trying to find an "M" name which is a tradition in my husband's family. We had several girl names we loved, but the boy name is proving to be harder.

Hope you're having a good sunday!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Checking in..

32 weeks tomorrow. I feel huge!! The first 6 months or so were pretty much a breeze in retrospect, now I'm getting really uncomfortable. The pressure on my poor bladder is enough to drive me crazy most of the day. I have to be near a bathroom at all times or I'll go into a panic attack..lol. Baby's movements are strong, I'm waiting for an elbow to pop out of my bellybutton any day now. Sometimes it feels like he's going to break through the skin! It's comforting to feel him moving though. I still have no name picked out. We're working on it but it's been a tough decision.

Nursery should be coming along shortly. We picked out a paint color, finally. A light shade of grey. The crib & changing table are already in but being held at the warehouse until we're ready. We found a cute lighting fixture and almost have a glider picked out, just need to see it in person first. The baby shower is 3/15 and I've done my best with the registry, although I KNOW I am missing a million things. I've pre-registered with the hospital, we've chosen a pediatrician, and I'm feeling like things are really coming together.

In other news, I failed my 3 hour glucose test and have mild gestational diabetes. This is where the hormones from the placenta affect your body's normal functions, specifically the ability to utilize sugar properly. Basically, my cells are not absorbing glucose and the excess glucose is going straight to the baby. So, I have to really limit any sugar intake. Well, to clarify, I've pretty much eliminated sugar intake. Unfortunately most of what we already eat breaks down into sugar. So I have no room for any added sugar. Luckily I'm on the low end of the spectrum and don't need meds at this time, but I have to be really strict with food. It's forced me to be so healthy and I was already pretty healthy as far as eating is concerned. My dinners these days consist of protein, veggies and a tiny bit of carb (whole grains only.) I haven't had any sugar other than a little fruit in 2 weeks. Nor have I had any processed foods, white starches, etc. I feel great but I really crave sweets sometimes. It's hard to be so strict when food is really all us pregnant women have to indulge in.

Lastly, I started taking a mag/calcium vitamin and that seems to be relieving my RLS. Should have tried that earlier but was too lazy. In short, I am hanging in there! I am not quite sure how women choose to do this more than once. I give major props to all the multiple mamas out there. You all are my heroes. I imagine that I'd need a men-in-black-memory-eraser-flashy-thing right after pregnancy/birth to allow me to do all of this all over again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

lol, TOO funny, the memory eraser thing! :-D ! I've got four kids and during my first pregnancy,I thought the same thing you're thinking about, how could someone ever do this twice? but, once that beautiful baby is born, and you're so busy taking care of him and bonding with him and watching him grow... you'll quickly forget the discomforts of pregnancy and downplay in your mind the pain of giving birth, and think to yourself, "hmmm,I wouldn't mind having another baby, he'll need a sibling" at least that's how it was for me, especially as my babies got more independent, sitting up, crawling, discovering more, crying less, nursing less, entertaining themselves and needing mama less! the baby fever kicked right back in, oh and don't get me started about baby fever kicking in when your friends become pregnant! Lol! :-) babies bring us so much joy, they make it easy to forget how uncomfortable it can be just to carry and bring one into the world!

you're in the home stretch now though, it'll fly by too, enjoy it as much as you can! that gestational diabetes thing is a real bummer. I craved sweets during pregnancy, couldn't imagine not having any. a friend of mine had that, and had a ten pound baby! she said her Dr. told her that that was pretty common with gest. diabetes... yikes! however though, I'm pretty sure she didn't follow her diet as strictly as she should've either!

Although, I've had a total hysterectomy, and can't have anymore,I really sometimes want another one! there is no feeling in the world that can ever come close to having your brand new baby placed in your arms and seeing him, thinking, " God, he's really mine!" I'm excited for you tiny!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's what everyone tells me, Lizzy! The baby is actually the flashy-eraser-thingy. I believe it.. 4 kids, I guess you're one of my heroes!

Yes, big babies are common with GD if you're not careful. I am measuring normal, but they'll keep an eye on me to see how I do as I get into these last couple months. I've been super strict with my diet, to th point where my nutritionist had to tell me that I actually need carbs. When I first got the diagnoses, I wouldn't even eat brown rice or grains. :shock: Now I'm eating a little with protein. Ain't no 10 pounder comin' out of me. Nope. Bwahaha!

Thanks for the reply and the excitement! I can't wait to hold him, myself. What a game changer.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

NO ten pounders coming outta you! bawhahaha! I hear ya. my biggest boy was eight and a half lbs, so I can't imagine it myself!

As for heroes....I think we're all each other's heroes here really! helping and supporting one another through this battle called addiction! and you are for sure a hero! leaving drugs behind, so tough.... leaving subs behind... also tough! and now bringing new life into the world...... too awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:02 pm 

TD, I know you probably posted it way back in the early part of this thread, but can you tell us when your due date is?

You are my hero. Being able to overcome Suboxone and then no sweets? You must be a superhero! With those qualities, your child will have an awesome Mom!

Come now, you must have a couple of names you've both considered.

Is it almost time for the drum roll?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:30 am 

Rule, it's 4/20.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

lizzieshug2013 wrote:
...I really sometimes want another one! there is no feeling in the world that can ever come close to having your brand new baby placed in your arms and seeing him, thinking, " God, he's really mine!" I'm excited for you tiny!

lizzieshug2013 wrote:
! I've got four kids and during my first pregnancy,I thought the same thing you're thinking about, how could someone ever do this twice? but, once that beautiful baby is born, and you're so busy taking care of him and bonding with him and watching him grow... you'll quickly forget the discomforts of pregnancy and downplay in your mind the pain of giving birth, and think to yourself, "hmmm,I wouldn't mind having another baby, he'll need a sibling"...
This made me cry, Lizzie, and it was a beautiful post! To have 4 children is most amazing and wonderful. :D

Thank you for the update, Tiny! I'm very happy for you. You sound soooo excited, and have every right to be!

tinydancer wrote:
Baby's movements are strong, I'm waiting for an elbow to pop out of my bellybutton any day now. Sometimes it feels like he's going to break through the skin! It's comforting to feel him moving though.
I woke up and decided to check the forum, and it's about 3 am. When I read this I literally laughed out loud as I can sooo relate! :D

I want to write more, but I can barely see to type. Just wanted to say congrats and wish you the very best. Oh and the name thing....My mom and a few friends suggested having 2-3 names prepared. They said once the baby was born and placed in your arms for the first time you will then know what the name should be.

Take care and really nice to read the comments.

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

38 weeks today. I'm ready to pop but as much as I want this baby out now, my doc is out of town until the 12th, so I'm hoping he stays put until at least then. I feel pretty comfortable about being prepared for the baby (as much as humanly possible anyway) and am just anxious and excited at this point. The baby is quite strong and hurts me on a daily basis but I'm hanging in there. :lol: He was estimated to weigh 7.1lbs at my 36 week appointment. He's already full weight at this point so every jab and kick he makes, sends me doubling over. These last two weeks are going to be one of my greatest challenges, and that's saying a lot! :wink:

Anyway, thought I'd update.. he may be here before I get another chance to.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next