It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnant :)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Amy & Karen!!

qhorsegal2 wrote:
With the later pregnancies I did feel the movement sooner. But I think it's mostly because by then you know exactly what it feels like. It's so easy to confuse those early movements with stomach issues. But the best memories I have are from late in pregnancy when you can actually see the movements from the outside. My husband used to laugh so hard watching the little knot in my stomach moving around from place to place. We would try to figure out which body part was making the lump. Hand, knee, elbow...who knows what it really was, but it was fun trying to guess! I'm pretty sure I have some video footage of it somewhere...LOL.

I've heard and read and that you "pop" quicker with the later pregnancies because your muscles have already split and stretched from the first. I've seen some crazy 2nd/3rd/4th baby bumps! These women start showing SO early by like 2 months. And not just pregnancy bloat but actual hard, low bellies. It's amazing! I wonder if that also plays a role in being able to feel things earlier in the subsequent pregnancies. So neat.

Girl on a mission wrote:
Awesome!!! How far were you for this ultrasound tiny? It's hard to wrap my head around this whole pregnancy thing. It's just like a minute miniature person in there... Do you think it's a boy or girl? Do you have any maternal instinct that's telling you one way or the other?
Talk to you soon!

12 weeks and one day.

The first two months I was convinced I was having a girl. Every dream I had was of a daughter, I just felt like it would be a girl. Can't explain it.. All of my names are girl names so far, only have one boy name on the list.

BUT, this last month I am convinced I'm having a boy. I've gone the complete other way now, so basically, what I'm saying is, I have absolutely NO idea. lol I know you can't tell this early, but I swear, when I was watching the baby move on the monitor, it just looked like a boy. I know how silly that is though.

I would like two children eventually, and preferably one boy and one girl, so either way, I'll be happy. As long as the next one is the opposite. :D

Hope you're feeling ok!?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

We put in an offer on a lovely little house. We got to see it early on friday. Today is their first open house and I'd like to camp out on the lawn and tell everyone to leave my house. :D This is nerve wracking! We went over asking price, knowing that the house was priced a bit low, and i'm just crossing my fingers that the offers that come in today or tomorrow don't look as good as ours. I've already started decorating the nursery room in my head! :shock: Send positive thoughts my way, please!

As far as pregnancy symptoms are concerned I've been feeling so much better this last week. I don't want to jinx it but I've got a lot more energy. Deciding what to eat for lunch & dinner is still the most challenging part of my day but I'm slowly getting used to it. I've been on a honey nut cheerios kick. I usually only eat organic healthy cereal but my sudden love for honey nut cheerios is fierce. I was reading and comparing the boxes of my usual cereal vs. the cheerios and cheerios has a good amount of calcium, where my usual cereal didn't have any. I wonder if this is my body's way of craving the nutrients that it needs? Or maybe I just like that it's sweet. :lol: I choose to believe it's the calcium. Last night was pretty interesting too. I was craving a whole roasted chicken from wholefoods. I don't really eat meat! For some reason I was dead set on whole chicken. We made some rice and a salad to go along with it. It was delicious.

Ok, that is all for now. Sorry to bore y'all with my food diaries but I'm still amazed at the lack of control I have when choosing what to eat.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good luck with the house!!! I hope y'all get it.

All that talk about chicken has made me hungry. I think I'll hit McDonalds for lunch and grab me some chicken nuggets. Yum!!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You're going to give me a freakin' heart attack one of these days. I know you like your burgers but PLEASE tell me you don't eat those nuggets. Even if you have to lie to me, just say it ain't so.

I believe there are some fast food anonymous groups out there. I'll look up the info and you can thank me later. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

10 piece nugget + large fry = YUM!!!

Been eating that stuff since I was 17 years old. I went and got my cholesterol and whatnot checked a couple years ago and the doctor said my numbers looked great, so HA!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:53 pm 

TD,

You may not eat meat very often but the person inside you has different tastes! Feed the little one whatever HE desires. Only a man would crave a whole chicken. :!:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am giving in to it all, Rule! Have no fear.. this baby is getting everything. :D

So... that begs the question. If "Men" desire whole chickens, what does that make Romeo for craving Chicken nuggets? Bwahahahaha!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sometimes I really detest you, TD!!

(Thanks for the help, Rule. TD annihilates me just fine on her own, she don't need YOUR help!!!)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mac. Romeo got slammed!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm so happy for you tindancer! You are truly a success story...got off opiates, got off Sub and now you're moving on with your life, your goals and your family. You are truly an inspiration and I wish you (and your little one) all the best!

(((hugs)))
Lilly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Tiny,

Had me laughing so hard! :lol:

Hope you are able to get your new house? Any more info on the purchase you can share?

How ya feeling these days? Hope the new mommy to be is doing well and feeling great!

Take care and looking forward to any updates!

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lillyval,

It's so good to see you posting! Thank you for the kind words, although I would not consider my self a success story anytime soon. I've been around the block long enough, as have you, to know that there is no such thing as being 'out of the woods,' so to speak. I am doing very well though at the moment and plan to keep moving forward. Coming here helps to remind me of where I don't want to go back to, so that is a big part of why I stick around. I also enjoy helping people too, but it helps me just as much to be able to keep my past in the present, I guess you could say. Anyway, I truly smile when I see your posts. Thanks again for the well wishes!

Karen,

I'm feeling the same.. nothing new to report at this time. As far as the house, we got a counter offer today and signed it, along with our best/ final offer. There are a few other parties that also received the counter offer, so now we just wait until tomorrow to see who the sellers choose to go with. I hope our best offer stands out because we won't go any higher for this house. It's out of our hands now. We should know tomorrow night. I'm trying not to think about it until then. Hope you're hanging in there and feeling ok.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

We got the house!

So unbelievably thrilled, but now comes a new set of stressers. Our escrow is only 30 days so we'll have a busy next couple months, but everything will pay off when we're settled by the holidays. I can finally get ready to decorate a nursery! I'm on cloud 9.

My husband's first paternal instinct kicked in today. I sent him a link to a rug I liked for the baby's room and he replied with "nope, it's made of wool and will be too scratchy against the baby's skin." My heart melted..

That's all for now!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tinydancer wrote:
We got the house!

So unbelievably thrilled, but now comes a new set of stressers. Our escrow is only 30 days so we'll have a busy next couple months, but everything will pay off when we're settled by the holidays. I can finally get ready to decorate a nursery! I'm on cloud 9.

My husband's first paternal instinct kicked in today. I sent him a link to a rug I liked for the baby's room and he replied with "nope, it's made of wool and will be too scratchy against the baby's skin." My heart melted..

That's all for now!

WOOO HOOO ..... YEAH TINY!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU GUYS!

IT'S THE CUTEST "LITTLE" PLACE EVER! :lol:

I'm so happy for you girl! Getting a new home is so exciting!

Karen xoxo

P.S. Do you have an extra room available for me when I come to see the baby? :lol:

P.S.S. Hubby's comment was priceless!!! :D

Attachments:
5454580458_8b4fd7b1e7_o.jpg
5454580458_8b4fd7b1e7_o.jpg [ 112.07 KiB | Viewed 468 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey! I never saw this before. Congrats on your first pregnancy!!! Are you on Sub still? I was while I was pregnant, so I'm just wondering. (:

I didn't feel my son until 20 weeks. I was SO MAD! I felt little flutters, but kicking was at 20 weeks. Its definitely amazing.

Pregnancy was horrible for me. I hated it. But now, I miss it! Us women are nuts. And of course I completely agree that women can hack the pain ,much better than men ;)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yay Tiny! I'm so happy for you!

Wow, you will definitely be busy for the next month or so...but you're right, it will totally be worth it to spend your first Christmas in your new home! How exciting!

Okay, I'm looking forward to pics as soon as you get moved in!

Q

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks girls!

@Karen- That house is so big it's scary. I'm already nervous thinking of how to furnish our little house, couldn't imagine having to do a house that big.. although, I guess that's when you just hire someone to do it for you.

@mama - Thanks! I am not on sub anymore. I jumped on 8/4/12. This is a post sub maintenance pregnancy thread.

@Q - Busy is right, it's already started! We only have 10 days to get all the inspections done. At least this has now taken my mind off of counting the seconds to my next OB visit. :D I will post some pics for you, promise. As for christmas.. we won't be home for it!! Or New Years for that matter. We're going to London from 12/19-12/28 and then staying on the east coast until 1/2. A last minute "get the eff out of town while you still can" trip. You know the ones.. :lol: We figured after the baby is born, it's unlikely we're going anywhere for a while. But, it's going to be SO nice to come home to our house after all that freezing cold traveling.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Team blue.. having a boy! :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations Tiny! :D

Happy to hear the view was clear and you found out that the little man was on the way.

All the best to you and please let us know about future appointments and how your doing.

Again congrats and now the possible list of names can commence!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Boy's rule, girl's drool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next