It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Pregnancy is not for the weary kind!! :D

This shit is tough. My hat is off to all y'all Moms out there. Opiate withdrawal, wha??? :roll: 9 months of this is crazy and I'm not even throwing up or big yet. I heard 2nd trimester is better, so I'm just hoping and waiting. Life is good though, I'm not complaining! I couldn't be happier and can't wait for my next scan.

Anyway, I was thinking.. maybe that's why we have so many guys here basically "broken" by their sub withdrawal. I'm wondering if us lady folk are better equipped and built for enduring long periods of pain and uncomfortableness. Something to ponder... Maybe people should just start thinking about their jumping in terms of trimesters so there are no surprises. LOL

K, I'm done.

Post subject: Re: Pregnant :)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tiny said, "Anyway, I was thinking.. maybe that's why we have so many guys here basically "broken" by their sub withdrawal. I'm wondering if us lady folk are better equipped and built for enduring long periods of pain and uncomfortableness. Something to ponder... Maybe people should just start thinking about their jumping in terms of trimesters so there are no surprises. LOL"

My initial reaction to that statement about us men folk was one of shock and I felt an immediate need to dole out retribution on behalf of us men, but then I sat and pondered what you said and realized you're probably right. GAH!!! How it pains me so keenly to admit you're correct. *Romeo walks away in shame*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wait, you're admitting that *I* might be right? Quick, someone take his temperature! I'm pretty sure Romeo isn't feeling well.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:00 am 

tinydancer wrote:
Wait, you're admitting that *I* might be right? Quick, someone take his temperature! I'm pretty sure Romeo isn't feeling well.

LOL!!! :D :D :D

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Organic, low fat mozzarella string cheese is my new best friend and my new favorite pregnancy snack.

Where has this stuff been all my life? String cheese is not just for kids, folks.

That is all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I like the greasy mozzarella cheese that comes on a pizza, a pizza loaded down with bacon, pepperoni, ham and onions!! YUM!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

No.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Everything's better with bacon. Bacon and string cheese mmmmm.
Tiny dancer, I lived on tomatoes,basil and mozzarella when pregnant with my first child. Literally- that's all I wanted to eat. Even had to add more tomato plants and basil to the garden that summer. If I knew how, I'd be making the cheese too. :) pregnancy is so weird. Beautiful and mystical but sometimes just plain weird.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Funny you mention tomatoes! My husband came home with a little basket of cherry tomatoes the other day and I ate the whole thing. They tasted like candy, so sweet and ripe. Now I keep thinking of tomatoes. I'm definitely drawn to cheese right now.

It's definitely a weird process, I think I say that once a day. Every day is something new :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Have you felt baby move yet tiny dancer? That is the thing I miss the most about being pregnant. I wasn't one of those glamorous earth mother type women that I envied, but I truly loved that part of pregnancy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Minnie, not yet! I'm 12 weeks and my doctor, along with most sites I've read, say 18 weeks is the standard for starting to feel movement. Some women can get lucky as early as 16 weeks, but that mostly happens with 2nd/3rd time pregnancies. So I am not expecting to feel movement for a while. I'm with you, I enjoy moments of the pregnancy beyond anything I've ever experienced but for the most part, pregnancy has not been fun. :) If it weren't for the constant fullness, loss of appetite and my bladder feeling like a punching bag, I think I'd be over the moon at all times. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Came here to post my 2nd appointment update. The scan and appointment went really well. I was expecting to see a little, still bean.. but instead I got front row seats to a whole show. The baby was sleeping at first and totally still, then after a little prodding of the ulrasound wand, the baby startled awake. It's whole body flailed in a fluid motion, it was so friggin' cool. I wish I had video of it. Anyway, after baby settled back down a bit, s/he continued with the moving of the arms and legs. S/he was SO active! I mean, I knew it was moving around inside me but to see it is a whole other thing. Then.. THEN.. baby got the hiccups!! The doctor said all the moving probably caused extra fluid to be taken in causing hiccups. We sat there and watched these beautiful little hiccups for like 5 minutes. I was crying by that point.

Also, I decided to record my baby's heartbeat using my voice recorder app on my iphone. It came to me minutes before we were getting ready to hear it and the doc allowed me to grab my phone. I've played it so many times and was able to send it to my family. So any Moms to be, you might want to give it a try. It's the sweetest sound, if it was a bit louder, I'd use it as my ring tone. :lol: J/K.. that might be going to far.

Anyway, best doctor visit ever. Didn't expect half of what we got to see. So thrilled and even more in love with this baby already. <3 Here is a little pic.

Attachments:
12WEEK.jpg
12WEEK.jpg [ 77.41 KiB | Viewed 481 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So friggen cool Tiny! I'm so happy for you and baby! That's a great idea to record the baby's heartbeat! I think I would have first laughed, and then cried when the baby had those hiccups!! That had to be an amazing experience! I'm so happy that appointment went beyond expectations for you guys!!! :D

I just keep thinking over and over that I have this little livng, breathing life inside me that I will get to meet very soon and hold tight. It's amazing!

You were mentioning the baby moving in your last post to Minnie. Well I'm about 16 weeks right now and have felt he/she move several times now beginning last week! It is without a doubt one of the most amazing things ever! At first I thought it was me having more tummy issues, but it jerked quite hard once and I knew it was not me, but the baby moving. You were right about the time frame and my doctor said it was early for me to feel the baby move now. We go next Monday to see if we paint he baby's room pink or blue!! Can't hardly stand the wait!

Thanks so much for the update Tiny! The photo is amazing too! PLEASE continue to let us know how your doing along the way! Take care.

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

^ That's so cool that you're able to feel it early on! I belong to a pregnancy forum to share with other women, and when it's felt really early, I see the feeling described as butterfly wings flapping or a goldfish swimming. Is that how it feels for you? I caught up on your updates in your thread, I'm shocked that your Fiance can feel the baby's movements already. That's quite amazing to say the least considering it's still so small and there is so much muscle and tissue still covering the uterus. You guys must have been thrilled!

Thanks for stopping by! I will, of course, be updating along the way. Take care.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tinydancer wrote:
^ That's so cool that you're able to feel it early on! I belong to a pregnancy forum to share with other women, and when it's felt really early, I see the feeling described as butterfly wings flapping or a goldfish swimming. Is that how it feels for you? I caught up on your updates in your thread, I'm shocked that your Fiance can feel the baby's movements already. That's quite amazing to say the least considering it's still so small and there is so much muscle and tissue still covering the uterus. You guys must have been thrilled!

Thanks for stopping by! I will, of course, be updating along the way. Take care.

Gosh Tiny, that is another couple ways how I would describe the feeling of the baby moving! I told my mom it felt like having a balloon lightly bounce off your body. Or like someone barely touching you with the tip of their finger. The feeling was very "light" and more like a "touch" than movement! Butterfly wings flapping is a good way to describe it! :D

Doctor says the baby is about the size of a lemon. We were watching TV and I told my fiance the baby just moved, and then it happened again right away! He placed his head on my belly and says he felt it one time too! He said it was like the baby was kissing his ear!!! He was bawling which was so sweet to see, and I was too of course. This baby thing is so emotional at times!

That's cool you belong to the pregnancy forum. Bet you get lots of ideas and suggestions along with good info from the other moms? Which I had time to do that, but I'm so busy right now I don't know what to do next sometimes! But I have my mom, my aunts, my brothers wives, and my friends with children all giving me advice and suggestions every day! I have my own personal forum right now! :lol:

Thanks Tiny and I will sure look forward to all your updates!

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Tiny!!!!

That is sooo sweet! You guys are bringing back so many memories for me!
I remember those first few ultrasounds and how amazed I was at the little hands and feet and how much she was wiggling around and I couldn't feel it at all. It's so weird! But definitely in a good way.

With the later pregnancies I did feel the movement sooner. But I think it's mostly because by then you know exactly what it feels like. It's so easy to confuse those early movements with stomach issues. But the best memories I have are from late in pregnancy when you can actually see the movements from the outside. My husband used to laugh so hard watching the little knot in my stomach moving around from place to place. We would try to figure out which body part was making the lump. Hand, knee, elbow...who knows what it really was, but it was fun trying to guess! I'm pretty sure I have some video footage of it somewhere...LOL.

I'm so happy for you! Sweet, sweet times for you and hubby right now!

Q

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:20 pm 

TD, I love your baby's first picture!!! You can tell that he/she is going to be a looker!!

Amy

P.S. I first felt Jacob move when I was 15/16 weeks along. I'm sure I wouldn't have noticed the movement until later, except that I laid down on the couch and talked to my little baby, and then I felt the little flutters. Whether it's at 16 weeks or 18 weeks, your time is coming soon! :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Awesome!!! How far were you for this ultrasound tiny? It's hard to wrap my head around this whole pregnancy thing. It's just like a minute miniature person in there... Do you think it's a boy or girl? Do you have any maternal instinct that's telling you one way or the other?
Talk to you soon!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Tiny, that picture looks EXACTLY like me when I was that age!!! I think it's a boy....just pray he doesn't turn out like me!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:43 pm 

Romeo wrote:
Hey Tiny, that picture looks EXACTLY like me when I was that age!!! I think it's a boy....just pray he doesn't turn out like me!!! :lol:

Indeed!

Amy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next