It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnant :)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, damn...it was worth a shot anyway!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:30 am 

tinydancer wrote:
Is anyone else RH Negative?

Yes! My mother was RH negative while my dad is RH positive. My mom miscarried her first baby at 5 months and her blood built up antibodies against the RH factor. My older sis is RH positive and she had to have a blood transfusion at birth and was quite jaundiced. Mom was encouraged not to have any more children because of it. But she had me and fortunately I am also RH negative.

When I was pregnant with my son I had to have the Rhogam shot to prevent me from creating antibodies to Jacob's blood in the even that he is RH+. I think I was around 5 months pregnant when I got the shot. My midwife just plunged it into my rear without any finesse whatsoever and it hurt! But not too bad. I never ended up having another baby, but I was glad the shot was available considering what my mom went through!

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How's Tiny doing today? Hop on and give us an update when you get time please!
Hope you are well. :D

Karen xoxo

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
tinydancer wrote:
Is anyone else RH Negative?

Yes! My mother was RH negative while my dad is RH positive. My mom miscarried her first baby at 5 months and her blood built up antibodies against the RH factor. My older sis is RH positive and she had to have a blood transfusion at birth and was quite jaundiced. Mom was encouraged not to have any more children because of it. But she had me and fortunately I am also RH negative.

When I was pregnant with my son I had to have the Rhogam shot to prevent me from creating antibodies to Jacob's blood in the even that he is RH+. I think I was around 5 months pregnant when I got the shot. My midwife just plunged it into my rear without any finesse whatsoever and it hurt! But not too bad. I never ended up having another baby, but I was glad the shot was available considering what my mom went through!

Amy

Can you believe only 15% of us are RH- ? It's so weird. I did some research on it and stumbled on some bizarre theories! lol

That's so sad what your mom went through before the shots were available. They used to require blood tests with marriage applications and would tell you if you were compatible with your partner. I'm thinking it's because of this? My mom was RH- also and luckily I was too. Hubby is positive. I had the shot once before (which is how I even know that I am), it was given to me during a previous pregnancy in which I did not carry to term.

Did you only have one shot with Jacob or multiple?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:33 pm 

Now that I think about it, I got a shot in the middle of my pregnancy and I'm almost positive I got one right when Jacob was born. I just don't remember it as I was pretty groggy and out of it from the cesarean.

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Brown Eyed Girl wrote:
How's Tiny doing today? Hop on and give us an update when you get time please!
Hope you are well. :D

Karen xoxo

Yesterday was more of the same..

Last night I had food aversions. I was not nauseous, but I took one bite of my dinner (that I usually like) and couldn't eat any more. It just wasn't appetizing. I ended up heating up some of my favorite whole food's soup. I usually rely on this soup when I don't feel well, it's mild but still tastes good.

Here's the kind I get, it's great for sick days:
http://www.pacificfoods.com/food/soups/ ... omato-soup

Then I couldn't get comfortable in bed and it took me a while to fall asleep. My belly and bbs are tender and I was really hot. Even with the air on. I woke up several times from being too hot but I managed to get plenty of sleep. This morning I took my temperature and it was 99.3. Pretty normal for pregnancy.

Anyway, all of this is very mild and not really effecting me. I just want to be detailed for you so you can get a sense of what I am feeling vs. what may be sub detox for you. Btw, a lot of my symptoms mimic slight withdrawals. I can PM you for more details.. it's a bit TMI for this page.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Gosh Tiny, you are helping me so much and I can't thank you enough! It's such a relief to have you here with all your knowledge and EXPERIENCE as a guiding force! The one thought on my mind these days is what symptoms are from the subs and what are due to my condition? You giving that info makes a world of difference. You can PM me anytime if you have other suggestions or info I may be needing. Don't want the little boys running away from providing TMI? :D

Thanks also for the soup link. Your right, sometimes that's all that sounds good, or goes down easily. That organic red pepper tomato soup sounds really good right now!!!

I find myself very tender where you say also right now. I can feel a definite change in me and I admit I love it too! Even the little bit of discomfort is exciting to me! Might not be a little further down the preggo road, but for now it is!

Right now I plan to reduce my sub dose from .50mg down to .25mg in about 2-3 more days. At that point I may reduce further to .125mg, or I may decide to just get it over with and jump from .25mg after I'm on that dose for a few days. I'm getting close to done, and very, very excited!

Seriously Tiny, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your help. I look forward to your posts and read every one you send out. Your a highly valued and respected member of this forum and I'm proud to call you my friend!!!

Hugs,
Karen xoxo :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have a new obsession... fruit. It's the strangest thing, I can't get enough of it. I just assumed "cravings" happened much later in pregnancy. I find myself day dreaming about eating nectarines, green grapes, cantaloupe, plums.. anything sweet and juicy. And Yogurt. Plain, greek yogurt.. (I have never liked yogurt until now.)

I've always liked fruit but not like this. The first thing I do when I wake up these days, is run downstairs, grab a nectarine or plum, run back upstairs, get back in bed, and savor every bite of the delicious piece of fruit. WTF? lol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOL. :D Hey Tiny....how ya doing Mommy? :D

You have a "fruit" addiction huh? :lol: Well that's not the worst thing to be craving or obsessing over!

I love yogurt myself and certainly eat plenty of it. I am addicted to fruit that's for sure. I eat it all day long and always have as long as I can remember! I make myself smoothies all the time and maybe you might try it too!

Here's one suggestion....

I have a very small 2-cup blender, but any kind will work of course. I put in about a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of 2% or skimmed milk, my favorite yogurt, and add some bananas, peaches, strawberries, pineapple, and then add some ice chips, and blend it up real good. Talk about AWESOME!!! Yummmm I gonna make one now just thinking about it! :D

You can use any kind of fruit you like, leave out the yogurt, or whatever. Experiment as you can't get it wrong! Some of my friends make them and put a few in the freezer, but I like them immediately and fresh myself. Bet you'll love em Tiny!!!

Nice to hear from you too! Hope your feeling well and having minimal symptoms. I'm doing great and feeling awesome myself! Every day clean just gets better and better! How wonderful it is to be able to make the statement that I am now clean and free of drugs! Amazing really! :D

Take care sweetie and please update again soon. If you need anything please just holler! Later mommy!

Hugs too,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:58 pm 

I remember once arriving at the grocery store in early pregnancy and I immediately had to drink some orange juice that very minute!!! I cracked a nice pulpy oj open as I did the rest of my shopping. That was my biggest craving the whole pregnancy. I'm glad you're craving fruit instead of donuts! Donuts are not your ass's friend during pregnancy!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm loving this thread. After 3 pregnancies I can totally relate to all the good and bad you are talking about. I'm pretty sure we don't have to worry much about the men getting grossed out...this forum doesn't seem to be a magnet for them... :P

I was compelled to share my experiences with food issues.

During my pregnancies I didn't have very many cravings, which kind of bummed me out at the time. I was kind of looking forward to those middle of the night, make the hubby run to the store moments. LOL. But I did have a MAJOR aversion to eggs through all 3! I couldn't touch them, or even smell them cooking without turning green. That was awful, because my family is huge on a good hearty breakfast around here.

I didn't have much nausea with my first, the only girl. But both boys made me sick as a dog through the first trimester. I have heard a theory that some women don't tolerate the extra testosterone in their system while carrying a boy. Not sure if it's true, but it made sense in my case.

The big thing for me was overwhelming smells. During one of my pregnancies they had just came out with those febreeze plug-ins. The smell was so strong it made me sick, and to this day that scent will make me gag...blah!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

^ I hear ya! I got a whiff of someone smoking a cig and nearly barfed, and now, just the thought of cigarettes makes me gag.

I've only had one food aversion so far, my beloved veggie burger. I used to live on veggie burgers but I can't stand the thought or smell of them. I think it may have to do with the crispy outside on the veggie patty? I don't know, but it's weird. I used to eat them 3 times a week since I'm not a huge meat fan.

Oh yeah, I've completely given up coffee! I held on as long as I could but as of Monday, it's out the window completely. It got to the point where I was still making a cup, putting cream and sugar in.. getting it just right.. then I'd set it down somewhere and not touch it until I dumped it out. My husband was like "why don't you just stop pouring that cup of coffee you're never going to drink?" LOL.. Oh rituals..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I wonder how close those veggie burgers are to what we have locally? I think I've seen them in the store, and they kind of resemble a real meat burger patty right?

In the south we have what's usually referred to as a "slug burger". I think the actual name is a cereal burger, but it is made from soy, not slugs LOL, and is deep fried to a golden brown. They are SOOOOO good! Our little town even has an annual Slug Burger Festival!
I think it's a very regional dish, but I wonder if you have ever seen them?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I know the ones you're talking about and I enjoy those too. The specific veggie burger I am talking about has a homemade patty with vegetables, grains, black beans, lentils and cranberry. It's delicious... or was delicious.

I found a picture online.. lol

Attachments:
t vburger.jpg
t vburger.jpg [ 28.79 KiB | Viewed 670 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:36 pm 

OMG! I love any sandwich that has cranberry on it!!! At the Downtown Disney areas at both Disney World (FL) and Disneyland (CA) there is a place called the Earl of Sandwich. They have the most incredible turkey cranberry sandwich ever!!

(As you can see, I can get pretty excited about a good sandwich!)

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Honestly, the cranberry MADE that sandwich. It's really a nice tangy addition to almost any sandwich.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You guys are making very VERY hungry! :D

I've never had one of those sandwiches, but I am just about ready to cut that picture out and start chomping it looks so good! :lol:

Have a great weekend ladies.....and gents!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

We got to hear a very strong heart beat yesterday! Everything looks good and healthy! Baby's first picture looks like a distorted bean :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Awww, little zygote beans are the best :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tinydancer wrote:
We got to hear a very strong heart beat yesterday! Everything looks good and healthy! Baby's first picture looks like a distorted bean :)

That's so awesome Tiny! Getting exciting at this point. I'm so happy eveything looks great and baby is healthy. I heard my baby's a couple weeks ago too and baby looked like a little bug! :D

So happy for you Tiny!!!

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next