It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Pregnant :)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

oh yea, those last couple weeks,I totally relate to that, "I'm ready for you to come out now little baby" :-) Every movement was so strong, sometimes I'd get kicked in the bladder so hard, it caught me so off guard that....... well, ya know, lol! Actually happened while I was washing dishes one night after dinner, my husband looked at me and said..." um, you know you're pee ing, right? Lol! I was like yea, but what am I gonna do about it now? if I run, I'll leave a trail, can't stop now,hahaha! :lol: we both just laughed hysterically for a few minutes, you know that laughter where you can't even catch your breath? ahhh, pregnancy memories! I would go walking with my sister every evening to try to get things moving along, and all other sorts of things you read online that supposedly help bring on labor, but I learned after four babies..... none of that stuff really works! Baby isn't coming til he/ she gets darn good and ready! Lol! every time I felt a twinge or slight contraction, I'd break out the stop watch to time it! hoping they'd come with some regularity. I was so ready those last two weeks, even had my bag packed and in the car, car seat installed, you name it! I hope your doctor gets back in time. my regular doctor wasnt available for one of my births, and even though everything went just fine,I was still a bit disappointed and uneasy about not having my doc there. He made sure that incase he wasn't available the doctor who he had on call to take his place was awesome! he actually became my new ob/gyn after my doctor retired! So even if you're baby decides he/ she just can't wait to meet you, I'm sure it'll be just fine :-)
I'm so happy for you! I'll be waiting for the big news soon!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thank you, Lizzie! Yes, my bags are packed and the car seat is in. It only took half a day for my husband and I to figure out how to use the "latch system" in my car. That was the first time I felt like a failure..lol. Once we broke out the car manual, though, we were able to figure it out. The car seat installation was humbling, I tell you.

I get kicked in the bladder, biscuit and cervix on a daily basis. I say "kick" but he's head down so it must be a head butt. Whatever he is hitting hurts like a SOB. I tell my husband to imagine getting randomly kicked in the balls several times an hour, without any warning what so ever. And then to try going about his day normally. That's how it feels at this stage. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:22 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

TD,

I was on this site awhile back, my name was brighter-days (something like that lol) and I remember you had just found out you were preggers!! Now your having a boy any day soon! That's so exciting!! I enjoyed reading the thread and hearing about the progress too! I just wanted to say congrats and I wish you the very best of luck for a healthy delivery and precious baby!! I had three of my own with my ex and my new husband and I raise four (He has a daughter who is 17) Mine range from 12 going on 13, 10, and 7.. I am ready to quit the subs because I think I want one of our own together.. This has inspired me to keep going!! My cut off age was 32 and I will be that in Dec. So I hope that I can knock it and possibly start trying at the end of the year after the rough part. This is so exciting, I followed your posts before and now and you are truly an inspiration to me!! So I know you have heard this alot already but one more time won't hurt, WTG on kicking all substances and Congrats on your new baby boy soon to come!!! :D

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Tiny, just checking in to see how you're feeling these days, you're really getting down to the wire now! 6 days, right? you've gotta be soooooo excited?!I literally laughed out loud reading that comment about being randomly nut kicked without warning... good stuff tiny and although I'm not a dude( however, I've been told a time or two I got a big set) LOL! :-D, I think that's probably a fair comparison!
you feeling like it's any day now?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for checking in, girls! Yep, I'm 39+1. Still no real action although I have tons of irregular practice contractions and cramping, nothing to really write home about. I genuinely feel like it could be any day now and hope that I am not over due!

Yes, I can only imagine the urethra/ cervix punches are like
a good kick to the balls. I cried about 4 times yesterday, although one of those times was because I ordered a salad for lunch when I really wanted greasy comfort food. Yep, I cried into my salad. This stupid gestational diabetes thing is keeping me from taking comfort in the ONE thing is pregnant women are allowed to indulge in. Food! Grrr.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

oh no, you poor thing.....! I do feel for you about not being able to eat what you want. That gest diabetes has to be a bummer! I'm picturing you starving for a cheeseburger crying into a huge plate of leafy greens :-( no fair! I definitely ate what I wanted while I was pregnant, probably much more than I should have actually. I'd be doing the same thing though, in your shoes, can't blame you for wanting a healthy baby........that doesnt weigh ten pounds! OUCH!
make sure after he's born to eat the most delicious, wonderful comfort food that you've craved the most,and when you're done with that... eat another one, LOL! You'll certainly deserve it! glad to hear you're doing well otherwise though. I'll be waiting for the good news any day now, I also hope you don't go overdue. I never did, thank goodness, but friends I know who did seemed very uncomfortable, at two weeks before my due dates ,I was ready to post the eviction notice on my uterus! :-D! take good care of yourself. keep us posted!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey tiny,

I was looking at my calendar and realized it was time for your little one to arrive a few days ago. I'm sure if he's arrived already, you've been way too busy and or tired to post, but as soon as you're feeling up to it, an update would be great.... so looking forward to the good news! :-) Hope you and baby and hubby are all well.

Lizzie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:39 pm 

It's not my news to share, but ....... :)

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

AWESOME! YAY! THANKS! :-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations Tiny!!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

True story! Baby is here.. Sorry I have not been on in a while, but I've been a little preoccupied. :D After laboring for what felt like an eternity, I could not dilate past 8/9 CM. The baby's heart rate was not fluctuating as much as the doctor would have liked, so I had to wear oxygen in hopes of getting more oxygen to the baby. That helped a little bit, for a while.. Then my doctor was concerned about how much I was bleeding and thinks I had a low lying placenta, which may have been in the way of the baby descending. Doc suggested a c-section at that point. I really did not want a c-section, but at that point I would have agreed to anything just to get the baby out. I had been dilated at 8cm forever and the concretions were really strong. I did opt for the epidural but it kept wearing off and I was feeling the most intense contractions ever. I barely remember anything during that time, the pain was so intense. They would top off the epidural but it only lasts for a few hours if that, and before I knew it, I'd be feeling them again.

Anyway, went in for c-section after no sleep and being in lot's of pain. The only comforting fact was that it would be over in about 30 minutes. They had to give me extra meds, because I kept feeling all the pinch tests they were doing. I believe all the epidural meds raised my tolerance a bit..? Not sure. Anyway, by the time my Son was born I was so out of it, I probably couldn't have told you my name or my address. Luckily, I remember every part of seeing him for the first time. The rest of the day is one giant blur. In fact, that whole day felt like a week. It was all worth it, though, for my beautiful boy. I fall more in love with him every day. BTW, I did use pain meds after the c-sec. I wanted to be a hero and decline them but the next day all I could do was cry. I was in so much pain (real pain for the first time in my life) and I couldn't move. I couldn't sit up in bed, hold my son, change a diaper.. It was so frustrating. I told the nurses to keep my pain under control. It's the only thing that helped me get out of bed and walk (walking is what the nurses assured me would heal me.) Anyway, off pain meds and still healing.. but I am happy and in love.

I will post a pic from my phone.. So, that's my story so far; A pregnancy and baby post drug addiction and post suboxone maintenance.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh yeah, the baby's position was not good for natural delivery.. doc said it would have been really brutal. Additionally, the cord was wrapped around his neck. All in all, I was glad that we did the c-section when we did.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations Tiny! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! glad everything turned out well, and mom and baby are busy falling in loveand are healthy! it's a really precious time, enjoy it! you deserve it! YAY!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks Lizzy! The love for a child truly is magical.

Here is Mr. "O"..

(Deleted pictures after a couple days)

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMG! he is a really beautiful baby! he looks so peaceful and perfect. easy to understand how that little guy stole your heart! goodness gracious,I feel baby fever coming on ;-)! These are the kind of posts I love to read. that post just makes my day!
make sure to try and take good care of yourself mom, and TRY to grab some sleep when you can :-)

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My heavens, he's pretty. Lots of newborns aren't (they are beautiful to mamas tho) but he's a good looking baby. Congrats! I don't know you, but sure do appreciate your recovery story and how encouraging you are to others. CC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6