It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was on 8 mg of suboxone a day when i found out i was pregnant. I immediately went down to 4mg a day and then tapered to 2 mg which was the hardest part for me so far. then i went down to 1 mg then .5 and now im down to .25 every other day. I did this from beginning of july till now (end of october) as of last week i started to skip days. Its been really hard mostly just having no energy and anxiety and depression and im in school 40 hours a week on my feet (cosmetology). My doctor doesnt want me to stop taking it but i only think that because he doesnt seem to talk much about tapering when i bring it up. So ive done this on my own with no real support system. my childs father never took opiates and has no idea what a w.d feels like and thinks i just make up and am exaggerating how this feels. I mean because i have tapered its definetly not a full w.d but i guess why im here and my problem is the depression anxiety and the low energy. I want to stop because i dont want my baby being born on this and i want to be normal again so i can be a mother but I guess im just scared to do the final jump. I feel okay on my skip days but im worried that after the 72 hour mark its going to be harder and im going to have a severe case of PAWS. Since ive tapered to 1 mg and below I also have been sneezing sooo much and so hard. Has anybody else successfully tapered off suboxone while pregnant and how did u feel after?

Post subject: .25 mg
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I would take my doctors advise, they know you and your situation better than anyone else probably does.

I have heard when it id time to jump off as they say you will know it, but in prengancy, definately use the advise of a prefessional such as your doctor.

.25 mg may not seem like so muck to some, but in yor situation it sounds like you may be apprehensive about jumping during your pregnancy.

Maybe you could Goolge search this topic and just for information see what others decided in your situation.

I am no doctor, and I am not pg, but there is no subsitute for the advise of a well informed doctor that know about suboxone and pregnancy.