It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ok..so im so NERVOUS on here coukd use some help, im really unsue of what to do..so really fast just an fyi: im someone who is on day 9 of sub wd...so i never had opiate addiction, yes SHOCKER i know! but i was on about 2-4mg qd or qod fr like 9 months...... and i didnt even realize i had a problem....i am NOT prescribed, and work in a field WHERE NO MAINTENANCE PROGRAM IS ALLOWED... i know that to be certain, even if i was on it for maintenance...i would not be able to work, at least not with out stipulations that ive heard REALLY SUCK & make finding new work super hard( i dont want to disclose my jon, as it maes me embarrased wwith such a great jo & my knowledge i could get here..although i will say i did go to school & i do have a license)..seeems everyone i know was on subs & to me it was honestly usd to get energy & i guess "high" i mean i was supermom on it, super worker, clean house, all my life in order,i didnt realize it was an addiction..bc i really just thought addicts were out down the way copping ( i know naive) well anyway took a pregnancy test & FREAKED!! omg i was 3 weeks pregnant on suboxone!!!!! !how did this happen? i thiougt well i will just do a quick taper... i took 1mg two days on a row & skipped a day & did .5 mg the next day & feltt SHITTY so i just stopped cold turkey... bc i didnt want that in my babies body....OMG! it wsa HELL!!! SO LONG so many resltess nights...im on day 9 now... so NO GOING back, but im just wondering HOW THE HELL LONG IS THIS REALLY GOING TO LAST? can anyone help..i know our bodies are differenty, but everyone i know goes through like 3-5days opiate wd SICK AS HELL & are out by the end of the week, feeling fine./ i have had so many shitty wd symptoms....WORST is the INSOMNIA!!! i honestly dont know how a bod can function like this...and the legs freaking so painful! i know this isnt like heroin wd where i cant even move fore days.. i have been able to eat since day 3or 4ish..hardly...BUT for he past few days eating great, sayin very hydrated.... i check my skin turgor obsessivly!!!& i just want to know, since i was an opiate naive do you think the whole depression thing will go away soon? i didnt struggle with depression prior to the subs..i look out the window & wonder, WHEN WILL I FEEL NORMAL!? EVER?!?:!?!??! last night i had to finally break down & take a tenazepam ( weighed the pros & CONS) i mean i have done this with no help from clonidine or benzos etc as im opregnant, i did however take a low dose vicodin days 2-6 & then an ultram on day 7.... yeaterday day 8 i felty depressed all morning & then when i got around family almost forgot i was wding!? and today i slept great lawst nte woke uop made coffee...was getting ready to go & then just sat, sooo tired, like more tired than ive ever been like i just ran a marathon but really i just walked to the coffee maker?!?! && i have a job WHERE I HAVE TO FUNCTION ALL DAY LONG IN A HIGHLY STRESSFUL ATMOSPHERE! i have to go back to soon in several days & im frreaking out! will i get through it when all i wasna do is lay around all day?! i mean giving my son a bath has become almost an impossible task, hair & makeup? forget it..my homes in shambles ive never seen it so messy & im SO DEPRESSED!!!!! please tell me when i will feel better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There's no telling how long, but sub w/d generally last longer than full agonist w/d, likely due to its long half life. I also want to tell you it's never recommended to go off opiates cold turkey during pregnancy, especially during the first and third trimesters when it's most dangerous to the fetus. It IS affecting the fetus and it IS at risk because of the withdrawals. I'd urge you to re-think what your plan is and definitely see a doctor and discuss this with them.

You might want to go to the link above to the TalkZone, Dr. Junig's blog and go to the Pregnancy posts, there's much information in his posts.

Good luck to you, whatever you decide.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i jut wanted to quick add.. i reread my post, i sound like a bat IM NOT downing suboxone use during pregnancy i know plenty of people whohave beautiful babies, i stopped stupidly bc of my job, and the terror! my husbands prescribed & hey, if itkeeps a needle out oh his arm & he can function & work & be happy then im all for it, i even stopped njagging him to quit bc he is at a high dose even thugh it costs a fortune, its better then the other side, heroin & oxys cost MORE & will kill him anyway does anybody have advice as everyone thinks its in my head?! its NOT at all in my head im terrified of this lack of energy, i couldnt even ttype or see clearly until today~ day 9~ the horror stories terrify me people wding day 45...WTF if i used i may just go back to my drug of choice and wd in 5days, seen my hubby do it manyyy times....and hes fine and well by day 9 like nothig even happened, i feel regret & straight gloom & doom,. i have support but they dont even understand, not even my husband as hes never wd from subs... i think i jumped at too high a dose, but i came this fari dont want to stop now!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP, advice? im going to try to hit the gym today, butwtf how the hell do people excercise the first week>? i juast wanted to die, one night i thought i was going through an acute physcosis or something, i couldnt control my hands and was resltess walking around the house in the dark bath to bed bath to dishes bath to bed...soo weird?! ANYONE know when i should tart feeling myself

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

1. Temazepam is a benzo and I think it is NOT recommended for use during pregnancy so please be careful.

2. You should really be under the supervision of a doctor. Really. There might be safe comfort meds to help you with your insomnia, rls etc., but you are pregnant and shouldn't be self-treating your symptoms.

3. The first 2 weeks are the hardest but you will eventually start to feel better. There will be ups and downs but the ups will finally start to outweigh the downs. It's going to take a while, 30-60 days probably, before you start to feel "normal" most of the time.

4. Exercise is helpful. You don't have to hit the gym for a hard-core workout if you're not up to it. Just take a walk.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

In addition to the advise you already received, I wanted to add this. You jumped off a fairly high dose of Suboxone and what you're experiencing is pretty normal for coming off that dose. I quit Suboxone from a dose that was a little bit higher than what you're on and I experienced what you're going through. I even took some Vicoden during the first few days of my wd like you did too. Don't take anymore vicoden OR ultram, you're only prolonging the process.

Suboxone wd is long lived, it usually peaks around day 7 or so. My wd peaked on day 10. After day 10, I did feel better, but not all better. Day 10 - 30 were still fairly suckish, but I could have worked if I had to.

You mentioned that when you got around family, you almost forgot that you were in wd. One of the things we suggest to people coming off of Suboxone is to keep their minds busy. Sitting around focusing on how crappy you feel only makes things worse. Also, I think the fact that you have to go back to work in a few days will be good for you, it will keep your mind occupied. When I returned to work, I was scared like you are. I didn't know how I was gonna make it, but I did. We're much stronger than we realize!!

Some form of exercise will help you along too. Like DoaQ said, a walk is a good start.

WD is such a mental game, it will break you down if you let it. If you plan on continuing through the wd, you're going to have to be a warrior and fight through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

diary of a quitter. I understand tenazepam is a benzo, like i said i weighed the pros & cons, cant sleep for days vs. ONE night sleep to feel myself, i have heard of people being prescribed for severe anxiety in emergent cases while being pregnant, i dont plan to make it a habit or routine, i also sound SO SELFISH & MEAN when i didnt even write about how painfully sad i am to know that ehile i was taking suboxone my baby was too...i do know a lot of people who switch to subutex & have gorgeous healthy intelligent children, but i just couldnt. I decided to wd at 4 weeks would be better than to carry ft while using ILLEGALY & then having to expalin to cps....my job..my docs...etc...i actually havent even been to a baby doc yet bc im TERRIFIED its in my blood still! does anyone know how long it can stay there for!?

ROMEO: i have read through your story & what you & doaq & hatmaker & laddertipper are doing is AMAZING helping people through sub use, wd & paws & life after, i feel like im going throuigh the stages of death in my head w/ god...denial, bargaining, anger ,acceptance ALL OF IT.... i hjad an AMAZING day yesterday was in a hge crowd & felt GOOD, not like 100%, but maybe 70%, then last night i got LITTLE SLEEP & had the MOST MISERABLE DAY SO FAR ON DAY 10! i read that you had a terrible day 10 as well & that after that it started to feeel better...& that really encourages me..........the ups & downs like one step ahead & 2 steps back, is that NORMAL!? MY family is starting to believe its all in my head, & becaseu my famiyl is full of addicts that are RIPROARING READY TO GO after 10 days of heroin wd like nothing EVER HAPPENED they believe this to be the same, even my husband who takes suboxone says, its all in your head! i read somewhere people are CLEANING THERE HOUSES at day 10!? i can barely get up to feed my cat... luckily my family has been supportive with hgelping me care for my son, then i rad somewhere someone felt like they were on day 5 9months later!!!!!!! i know the internet is full of stories, which i shouldnt read....but i decided to post on this forum bc you all have inspired me & given me hope & courage....like most "addicts" i guess im coming to terms that i am an addict now,i want INSTANT GRATIFICATION, like how many days of hell can abody take ? and depression, i have NEVE Rstruggled with that & now its consuming my thoughts i want to think of positive happy things but i cried all day pleading with god, apologizing to my son who wonders why the hell his mother cant take him to the park! i feel like i dont even deserve my gordeous son or the one in my belly because of the past 9ish months of me being hooked on this garbage... i want to post a success story i want to say after tomorow it all get better, i talk to someone who went through it ands she sayd I DONT REMEMBER? she says 2or 3 weeks but she doesnt remember it....HOW CAN THIS BECOME SOMWETHING YOU CANT REMEMBER? and how does anyone EVER do this again after knowing what HELLL & how scary it is to come off of...obviously something that made me un naturally happy & euphoric everyday all comes to an end & you have to PAY... but at day 10 i thought id be through the storm, especially after the past 2 nice days

DOAQ & ROMEO: im sorry this is so long, & i dopnt even know if you have read it, but you have a lot of time under your belt & my question is....ok the past 2 days have been bearable & i laughed & smiled at times, kinda had to force the energy...but is there going to be a day where you ACTUALLY FEEL YOURSELF BEFORE THIS?! or is it going to be a million days of trying to get through to the next.......i cant live forever like this i know i sound crazy but im sleep deprived & mad as HELL AT MYSELF, everyone i know abusing suboxone ( the people, like myself who never needed it-not people who it is keeping off opiates) i have today wished them to go through this, & i know that is god awfully wrong & terribly horrible, but they keep saying its in my head!!!!!!!! ITS NOT IN MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!! btw, im normally a happy, healthy, functioning person with a good job & a nice home & a family that i bake for & take to sports & have sleepovers & now im thanking god school for my stepson is almost over & that my preeschoolers almost done bc i CANT bear tho think of homework, school projects, book reports any of it..im actually usually very creative & artistic & decorating is my hobby & ive been soo depressed that i cant even think of decorating a new nursery or the face that i would have to go to the store & pick out the materials...i dont even want to grocery shop! with time will this really all subside? all i need is a glimpse of hope & i will be able to pull through

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would say that I felt about 80% normal after 30 days off Sub. After 60 days, I felt 100%. I felt like I'd never been on it, felt great like I hadn't felt in a long, long time. Like I said though, there were definitely ups and downs through the withdrawal process. I also did a long, slow taper to a very low dose before I stopped taking Sub so our experiences will probably differ.

Most of the stories I read here of people who quit at a higher dose have a similar trajectory but they have more intense withdrawal symptoms. Does that make sense? My withdrawals were mild, like about as intense as a bad cold, but they still lingered for a while.

Also, YOU ARE PREGNANT. Everyone who is giving you crap needs to suck it. Maybe they are perfect mary-sunshine 10 days after cold-turkeying heroin, but you are also growing a fetus. Jeesh. When I was pregnant - long before I ever took opiates - I was so exhausted during the first trimester that I needed a nap after brushing my teeth. Cut yourself some slack.

You will feel better eventually. For now, try to lower your expectations of what you can do and be kind to yourself. Anyone who tells you it's "all in your head" is an asshole (no disrespect to your husband). He should be doing everything in the world to make your life easy right now. Tell him I said so!

Stop reading horror stories on the internet. Do fun things that distract you and make you feel good without taxing your energy too much. Take it day by day - no looking into the future trying to freak yourself out. There's no point in that. The only way out of where you are right now is to go through it. Lastly, don't beat yourself up over taking Sub while you're pregnant. Your baby isn't even developed enough to "feel" anything and Suboxone isn't harmful anyway. Just seek help for your addiction so that you can be the best parent you possibly can be.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey ready,

The up's and down's you're experiencing are quite normal for someone coming off Suboxone, especially those who jumped fairly high. We liken it to a rollercoaster. You know how when a rollercoaster ride starts out, the hills and drops are the highest, then each successive hill and valley are more tame and more tame, etc. That's pretty much how Suboxone wd seems to go for many of us. It's quite disturbing to feel so dang good one minute, then the next minute it feels like someone dropped 2000lbs of dog crap on ya.....but it gets better.

I'm not quite sure how long Suboxone stays in your blood, but I urine tested myself when I quit Suboxone and by day 3 I had a weak negative and day 4 I tested completely negative for Buprenorphine (the active ingredient in Suboxone.) I think (?) by day 10, they would not be able to detect Suboxone in your blood AND they would have to be looking specifically for it to even detect it.

I hope you decide to go to a doctor soon and get your baby checked out. I'm no expert, but I highly doubt they would drug test you on your first visit to your doctor?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Ready :)

I really admire what you're doing. It is risky to withdrawal while pregnant, but it has to be weighed up against the risks of having a baby dependent on a potent opioid in utero. It's naive for people to think having a baby born dependent on opioids doesn't influence their brain development long term in some way. It's been proven chances of SIDS increases significantly when a baby is born addicted / dependent.

You are already on day 9-10. Given you've come this far already, the risk / benefit scale is turning more in your favour every day. Because of that I disagree with the idea you should go back on Suboxone. But I do agree that you should be doing this with some kinda medical help.

As for how long it'll take. When I did my buprenorphine detoxes, I was in my early-mid 20's. Withdrawal is easier when younger too. I found that by day 14 I could function ... and while I didn't feel 100%, I did feel like the acute stuff was pretty much over, that things were looking up. However there were residual symptoms coming and going for a couple of months, though they were much easier to handle. Sweats, sneezing, disrupted sleeping and some anxiety, though much milder than what you're going through now.

Quote:
i honestly dont know how a bod can function like this...and the legs freaking so painful! i know this isnt like heroin wd where i cant even move fore days..

This is a huge misconception. Lots of people have this idea that heroin withdrawal is the worst. They picture people on the bed writhing in pain and screaming. Fact is for me, buprenorphine withdrawal was worse than any heroin detox, not least because it lasted twice as long. Bupe detox seemed to have this real mental anxiousness about it where my thoughts felt like razor blades jabbing my brain non-stop, and everything seemed cold - people, places, memories ... I had to change my bed sheets every morning because they were drenched, but days 8-10 I felt too sick to do it. I remember lying on that stinky damp bed each night and how freezing it felt.

You are doing so well. Here's something to keep you going:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:58 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you all so much! I am on day 16 and it has been hard, so hard but im finally starting to feel better! I definitely wish i would have tapered down more but i have read people coming off low doses and still feeling really crappy. I am now just dealin with som rls and not sleeping great,but much better than thh ffrst week and just general laziness no motivation...i will say working helps ...also im 26 so hoping my body will bounce back quickly. I havent been back to the gym yet but plan on doing so soon. Everyones right...i feel worse wwen im home thinking about it or not busy dwelling on my symptoms. I havent cleaned or cookec in 2 weeks but i am thinking of making a big breakfast today. I am hoping to get tthe energy to clean my house bit if it takes anoer week or two, no one eer died of a messy house. Im startin to get excited to be back tonormal and leave thi nightmare behind! I will ner ever touch one of those again because of the horribble wd. I will never forget this. Also i never needed na but a friend whos going through this too tells me it helps so im excited for that but also excited my baby will not be born on this i would hate an innocent baby have togo thru this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:31 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Quote:
"...excited my baby will not be born on this i would hate an innocent baby have to go thru this"

Has it never occurred to you that your "innocent baby (fetus)" is already going through it right now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes it has but im no more than 6 weeks and felt it was better to stop right away rather than stopping later or never at all...but thankyou ffr your input

Post subject: :) :)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So, when i was going through wd i remember looking all over the web & seeing people write about how terrible it was, and how many hours/days/weeks etc. they were through...but it was RARE for me to see anyone follow up, like after a month or two or three..i remember hardly seeing anything after 10 days! well, here i am, i want to say 1.5 months...maybe 45 ish days off suboxone (honestly, i stopped keeping count after the 3rd week)..because by then you dont feel like ohhh how many more days... just so everyone knows THERE IS A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, i was folowing the replys above stories..and they gave me a lot of hope!! it seemed like i wd.d FOREVER, like how is that even possible ? but now im feeliung GREAT! im still lethargic at times...but nothing i can not manage, NOTHING like how i was!! I am happy & healthy & feel better than i ever did before...sleep is still a bit of an issue I sleep 5hours straight only, buti cn usually fall back to sleep...ill take that ANTYTRHING IS BETTER THAN THE FIRST two weeks!! :) just wanted to be one of the people who didnt fall off the face of the earth & if even ONEpregnant woman quitting suboxone reads this know IT CAN BE DONE!!! & i did it early on, which i feeel was the best way FOR ME, if you choose not to than thats also fine not judging anyoes decision... :) have a nice day everyone :)/.... oh & to add, i have been working fulltime again & its FINE! no problem at all!! & im just as great a worker as i was before, i know its stupid buit i was afraid my work performance may drag compared to the way i was before..NOPE.. a little tired the first few weeks..but FINE NOW :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Right now I am under two different doctors care and am prescribed subutex bc im prego. Both of my doctors tell me to never forget to take my sub bc it can cause a miscarriage and stress on the fetus! Trust me that the worst that can happen to your baby is it being born in wd but there is a low chance of that happening.