It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey umm i am 22 wks preg. i have been on suboxone for about 9 mo. only take about 1 mg of the suboxone strip... i am not prescribed it and my doc does not know.. i am scared to death. i want off of it! i do not want my baby to be addicted to this when he is born. i am so scared and so worried he will be addicted and that they will take him away from me.. i am scared to tell my doc. i have been told i can take hydros to keep from withdrawling and to get the suboxone out of my system and then tell my doc i have been takin hydros if need be. pls help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:09 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

No please DO NOT take the hydro's!!

First can you find a suboxone doctor in your area?

http://suboxone-doctors.net/find-a-suboxone-doctor/

Your baby won't be taken away honey but you need to tell your doctor asap so they can be able to give you and your baby the best care possible. You can safely have a baby on subutex. I don't know enough details seeing I didn't have a baby while on sub but I'm sure there will be other members along soon to give you more helpful advise.

I just highly recommend you let your obgyn know what's going on. Your trying to stay clean that's what matters here. They don't need to know your taking them w/out a script. I would look into finding yourself a sub doc asap.

If you need to talk or anything pm me ok? Take care,try to relax and keep us posted!! It's going to work out!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and welcome, I am so sorry you are going thru this during what should be a joyful time. I have not had a baby on sub but I am a mom to 4 children, boys ages 5 & 3 and 11 month old twin girls. There are members here who have had perfectly healthy babies while on Sub and I know one will be along to help you. I would suggest reading thru the suboxone during pregnancy threads, there is a lot of useful information. I do believe the Dr. recomendation is to stay on sub because their is a risk of miscarriage if one stops sub during pregnancy, this risk is highest in the 1st trimester. Now that being said and being a mom I understand why you want off, I couldn't stand to see my baby suffer if they had withdrawls after birth. However the risk of your baby going thru withdrawl is low. Most of the babies of moms from this forum were perfectly healthy. So don't put too much stress on yourself to get off, if you are determined to be off sub by the time you deliver it is imortant to taper slowly and as painlessly as possible. Remember any withdrawl symptoms you experience so willl your baby.

As far as telling your OB I honestly am not sure what I would do about it. In a perfect world you should be able to tell your OB and the nurses in the hospital and still have you and your baby treated fairly, The problem is that because a nurse or Dr. knows you are on sub they can interpret normal newborn behavior as NAS. Which may lead to your baby unecesarily being treated for NAS and weened with Morphine. Now the problem with not telling them is if your baby does have NAS 1, he could go untreated when he needs treatment and 2 if he has NAS and the Dr.s pick it up and you did not tell them you would lose all accountability as far as their concerned.

My intention is not to scare you but to let you know what the consequences could be to your decision. Either way I encourage you to learn everything you can about NAS just in case. Again I have no experience having a baby on sub and I can only say what I think I would do in your situation and almost everything I know I learned from this forum. I know that this is a scary time for you and remember the best thing you can do for your baby is to gain as much knowledge as possible before making your decision. Most importantly relax, enjoy your pregnancy and whether or not you get off of sub most likely you will have a happy, healthy, beautiful baby boy.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thank you guys so much! i am just so scared and stressed out! i want to be off of the suboxone i dont want to take it anymore.. when i got on suboxone i really didnt even need it.. i dont know why i started taking it. i have really bad migraines and i was taking hydros for it and i was scared my body was becoming dependent and a friend told me so i could stop taking them and not be sick to start taking suboxone and i didnt know i would BECOME DEPENDENT ON THAT AS WELL. my mother is also on suboxone she is prescribed and we have been tryin to find ways to get me off or wean me off but since i have came down to that 1mg i cant seem to get any lower without experiencing withdrawals. i am scared to go to my ob in fear they will treat me diff once i tell my story (bc everytime i go they ask me "are you on any medication?" and i say no) or if i dont tell anyone and my baby is born addicted they will take him away from me and i am scared also that if i try to come off of them something will happen to my baby. and about findin a sub doctor they will not take my insurance and i dont have the kind of money it would cost for me to go to one. i am stuck between a rock in a hard place and i know it should be one of the happiest times in my life and all i do is stress.. me and my babys father are recently seperated also and i am even more stressed about that.and all he has to say about all of this is its all my fault and i did this to the baby and if anything happens it will be all my fault and im so irresponsible..when i became pregnant i didnt even know it. it just happend. if i would have known i was going to get pregnant i would have suffered thru the withdrawals before i even thought about getting pregnant. but the reason i mentioned taking the hydros to come off of the sub is bc someone said if i just took them long enough to get past the withdrawals i would be fine but that leaves me with the question will my baby withdrawal from not having the bupe???? i wish sub doc would write me or something or someone would know because i feel like i am going crazy! i am now 23 weeks yesterday!! the baby is kickin away as i am writing this. thank u for your replys so much!! i love this baby more than anything and i havent even met him yet...i would die if anything happend. pls if anyone has any advice on weaning down and gettin off with no withdrawals or about taking the hydros to get past the withdrawals so i dont experience them pls let me know! ( i would never want to get addicted to pain pills i do not crave them or have any desire to take them i just want off this sub! my body had just become dependant on them but i would not take them again for a long period just long enough to get past the withdrawals) pls someone help me!!!! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Cass, I just sent you a pm.