It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: pregnant need a dr asap
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:24 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

im in tn but willing to drive nc ky or va if its a good dr I just need one that listens and will helpt me I am currently on subutex but its not enough now that im pregnant im having to do more I start feeling bad and have to do more im only getting 2 a day 2 in a half or 3 would be fine please if you know some where let me know even if its ga fl somewhere idc really just need a good dr.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:52 pm 

Hi Tara,

I guess no one knew of a doctor in those areas, but I'm hoping that you've found one who will take you. There are search engines you can use to find sub doctors in your area. Have you tried those? I got a referral to my doctor from the doctor I was using for pain management. I told him that I had been lying and that I was an addict and he had a printed form all ready with addiction resources.

Post again if you haven't had any luck and I'll get you a couple links to search engines.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:33 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

my friend is also pregnant and is looking but we have called all in our surrounding areas and no one is taking new patients pregnant or not. I think if someones pregnant they should be bumped up on the waiting list or whatever because its not just them at risk its also the baby but tomorrow I am starting to call around in surrounding states we are in Tennessee but at this point willing to travel some. thank you.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:50 am 

That is a good point! I think that pregnant women should be bumped up the priority list too. You are being a very good mommy to put this much work into finding a sub doctor. When you call doctors, do you ask if they know of another sub doctor who is not full? The first doctor I called from my PM doctor's sheet was full, but recommended a doctor he had mentored.

I wish you were here in CO so my doctor could help you!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:58 am 
New Poster
New Poster

at this point id be about willing to travel that far lol.. thanks for saying that I know how most feel about taking this while pregnant but it my eyes it's better than doing a bunch of street drugs.