It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I joined these forums a couple of years ago when I was expecting my second child. At that time I was taking my prescribed Subutex (switched from Suboxone upon confirmed pregnancy) and just about worried myself SICK reading some pretty scary stuff - both here and various other places around the web.

My first post was like many of these I see: worried about withdrawals from baby, scared of involvement from CPS, terrified my epidural wouldn't work, thinking my baby would be "taken away", that my family and friends would find out etc... I realize that each person has their own special set of circumstances and it seems like each state/hospital/doctor has their own guidelines for dealing with this situation - but THERE ARE POSITIVE OUTCOMES! Mine is one of them. No w/d, no NICU, no CPS, no social worker, nothing but a positive and wonderful experience...

(SUNSHINE'S STORY)

I was honest with my entire health care team from day one, but prepared myself for every possible outcome by researching and taking all the support I could find. And most of all I expected the best. Please , if you are expecting and on Subutex/Suboxone - read my story and feel free to PM me or ask me anything right here... (and just FYI: at the time of my L&D I was living in the state of North Carolina)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

sunshinepromise wrote:
I joined these forums a couple of years ago when I was expecting my second child. At that time I was taking my prescribed Subutex (switched from Suboxone upon confirmed pregnancy) and just about worried myself SICK reading some pretty scary stuff - both here and various other places around the web.

My first post was like many of these I see: worried about withdrawals from baby, scared of involvement from CPS, terrified my epidural wouldn't work, thinking my baby would be "taken away", that my family and friends would find out etc... I realize that each person has their own special set of circumstances and it seems like each state/hospital/doctor has their own guidelines for dealing with this situation - but THERE ARE POSITIVE OUTCOMES! Mine is one of them. No w/d, no NICU, no CPS, no social worker, nothing but a positive and wonderful experience...

(SUNSHINE'S STORY)

I was honest with my entire health care team from day one, but prepared myself for every possible outcome by researching and taking all the support I could find. And most of all I expected the best. Please , if you are expecting and on Subutex/Suboxone - read my story and feel free to PM me or ask me anything right here... (and just FYI: at the time of my L&D I was living in the state of North Carolina)

Yay! Glad to hear it!! I could have written that post myself, as it's exactly what my experience was. I was honest with my doc from the start, got switched to Subutex, and my baby was completely fine. No w/d whatsoever. No NICU or CPS or anything.

LT