It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Preg and taking subutex
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Im proably about 24-25 wks preg ive been taking subutex since the beginning of my pregnancy even though im doin adoption i still care if there any risks to this baby boy growing inside of me but im percsribed 2 a day n its hard even taking a half bc of the sickness also taste but i get past it n take them but jus wanted to know if there any risks while being preg?....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

There's always a slight risk to anything. But there's a worse risk with the WD. They wouldn't take you off of it just because of that. Your baby will be just fine, Hun. (: but you will want to be honest because it'll come up on the drug screening after you give birth.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well thats what ive been wrryd about the baby coming out and having w.d but i understand now i jus been wondering bc ive been seeing everyone post something bad a/b bein preg and on subutex just nervous but my OB also knows about me taking this medicine but thanks so much kind of eased my mind

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:02 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Adoption is the most selfless thing a mother can do for her baby. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you right now. I almost gave my oldest up for adoption when I had er at 17.
Withdrawl is a real possibility, but you need to take care of yourself right now. I have an 8 month old that was treated for NAS. They used methadone. I had never had any experience with methadone treating NAS and had not ran across it in my reserch. We finished weaning the baby off the methadone at home. In looking for more information I came across a fosterparent/adoption forum. On there they had a section about addicted babies. From what I read adoptive parents just want to know what medications and illegal drugs were used during the pregnancy. Opiods were not a big concern. The stories that I read were that once the withdrawl was over they had a happy healthy baby. Alchol usage was a deal breaker for some. Those parents didn't know if they would have the reasorces to take care of a FAS baby. Most of all they just wanted to know what they were getting into. Many wanted to be aware so if the child wasn't meeting mildstones on time they could get the help(speech, physical, and other therepies) for the child.
I wish you the best.