It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Precipatated withdrawls
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Help!!!! I don't know what i did wrong but i waited till i was in withdrawl by using the COWS scale and it had been almost 24 hours after i had taken 30mg Opana ER. i started with a third of a 8mg strip. I was fine. I took another about 4 hours later. Then another one 6 hours later. Then about 4 hours after that i started feeling bad again and thought that i hadn't gotten my dosage up hi enuf and all of the sudden my body heat has risen considerably I'm sweeting i have RLS and i am anxious. It has been over 36 hours since i took the Opana and i was fine for almost 12 hours. What has happened? Did i take too much? I need help i cannot stand it!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:09 am 

hello Molly... your there but imo you are shorting your doses. not enough in your system. the risk of PWs has passed now. keep dosing your sub. There really isnt much info on your post, but what im understanding is that your system needs more bupe. How much are you RXs?.... I get that your scared and dont want to be sick, but your lack of bupe is causing wd simptoms.. imo... if you havnt had a dose in a few hours, its time, You said your taking a 3rd of a 8mg strip ,what dose 3 times in how many hours?... after 36 hours since your last pill, you should and will get stable now if you keep the sub dosing. razor....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:17 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for replying. It's been a total of 38 hours since i took 30mgs of 10mg Opana ERs. I took my first dose of subs around 22 hours from taking the Opana then started dosing every 4-6 hours after that. The last dose i took was almost a half of the strip. About 3 1/2 mg of suboxone and that's when it happened. It was bad. I finally drifted off to sleep for awhile, woke up freezing. Thought i was ok. Got up put sum socks in git back into bed and the heat in my body rose again! I mean I've never been this hot in my life! It's going down alittle now. I usually stay in my subs but i had went off of them about a week ago to chew in Fentanyl patches. I have a lot if pain and it's not controlled by the subs. So i goo off once a month for about a week or 2 then back on them. This has happened to me one other time. I believe i was taking the opana too. I only took a few opana this time because when i tried to transfe over from fent to subs thus happened but nowhere near as bad as thus is so i thought i would take a few days of Opana then try again. I wanted to be in withdrawls before i started and i used the COWS scale and i know i was withdrawing yesterday when u started the subs and they made me feel better i was doing ok till this last dose. What's happening to me?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:27 pm 

Hey MollyMary,

There's been a few ppl come to the forum that has actually had a bit of a rough time coming off Fentanyl onto sub. Fentanyl is pretty strong. I've chewed (and chewing them makes it much stronger imo) several patches in the past when I was actively using. Ine time I ran out after using them for a week and went bk onto oxycodone 30's the very next day and I still had horrible withdrawal while taking the oxycodone. It wasn't strong enough to kick the withdrawal from fentanyl. Even just using it for a week (if ur chewing it) it can take a bit to adjust. I know opana is strong too. Like razor said, u should just keep taking ur suboxone like prescribed and eventually the withdrawal or PW will go away. Are u prescribed sub? I'm asking this because u said u go off sub every so often for a week or so, how are u passing ur drug screen?

I don't think it's good to be switching bk and forth from sub to fentanyl and opana, I know ur having pain issues but there's gotta be a different way to control it. Ur gonna keep repeating this process of withdrawal/PW (I'm not sure which one ur experiencing) over and over. There's lot's of ppl who have pain on suboxone, their doctor usually gives them maybe higher doses and/or splits the doses up throughout the day. I know it has to suck to be an addict who has pain, so I'm sure ur suffering and I'm definitely not here to judge u or jump to conclusions at all, I just hate to see u keep getting sick over and over again when maybe there's different and better ways to control it. Regardless I'm glad u found us here, we'll help u in any way we can :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the info. I called the suboxone med line and the nurse thinks the opana was still on my receptors and when i finally took the bigger dose it did it. I shouldn't have taken that last dose. In trying to take a smaller amt now. About 2 mg and it already feels like I'm getting hot again. It's been almost 40 hours since i took the opana ER. They are long acting but i cant see them staying in my system any longer than that. Not with 81/2 mg if suboxone already in my system. Oh God when will i feel normal again?!!! I don't know what to do. I get my sub. From a dr. He's just not a good doctor and doesn't know enuf about this to help me. Seriously! He's actually a phyciatrist! But I've been on opiods since 1999. I started suboxone oct of 14. I use to be able to transfer occasionally so much easier. I never had withdrawls. I didn't believe they existed on Suboxone! I'm not a true addict I'm physically depent. I don't have the addict want for the hi. I take other meds when my pain gets so bad i cant stand it anymore. Thank u so much for you info. It wa helpful!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:08 pm 

Hi, I was going to say the opana er probably would take a long time to be out of your system. I believe it has a half life and with it being extended release, would take even longer! I hope that you are now feeling much better!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:00 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Good advice again jennjenn, I'm thinking subs aren't strong enough to cover size of dependance, that was my issue switching from methadone. I had to take a full 8mg to feel better, but it took week to adjust, downing my tolerance. Maybe Dr J is around?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Molly how are you going?

Precipitated withdrawal can feel nasty, but keep in mind it's temporary and passing. Gradually as the Opana slow-release will leave your system and the buprenorphine will fill your receptors, and you'll be feeling better. There may be some psychological relief in knowing that the symptoms can only improve over time, and not get worse.

Keep taking your sub in tiny increments.

Just know that the feelings of uncomfortability are just that ... feelings. Diazepam might help you for the moment, if you have any.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:11 pm 

Thank u pugmommy :) ur experience from switching from methadone to sub can help tons of ppl on this forum!! Glad ur here!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:01 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

It was a nightmare jennjenn but I'd do it again in a heartbeat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:17 am 

Our Jennjenn is a treasure, pugmommy! I don't tell her enough how much she is appreciated, so thanks for giving me a reminder. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:00 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Oh yes she is. She gives answers that I would want if I was the poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:42 pm 

U guys are awesome!! It's so great to hear that from u guys. Pugmommy I hope u stick around with us for a very long time, u seem like such an asset. And Amy, u have taught me more about sub than my own doctor...and that's 100% the truth! I hope u know what a great job u do here because it educates the ppl like me who weren't as informed as they could have been. Learning from our peers is very valuable :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Does anyone have any idea how long they think I will feel terrible from PWs when it hits me? I have been taking three opana 40s a day by crushing and snorting them. I will try to make it 14 to 16 hours from last full opana that I snorted which I know isn't long enough but that is going to be hard enough. I will keep taking quarters or halves of every thirty minutes or so when the PWs start but wonder how many MGS it is going to take to make them go away. I am soooo scared because my tolerance is very high and I have not reduced my opana usage I am just going from three opana 40s a day to next day zubsolv 5.7 mg. So does anyone know if I will be functionable that evening?14 hrs after my last use will be around 930am

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

t-man...Do you have a doctor? Unfortunately this isn't an exact science. I qualify almost all my posts by saying I'm as far from an expert as I can be, but I can tell you based on personal experience that a high tolerance is an important issue, and argues for waiting as long as you can before jumping.

I was on poppy tea....which is opium. No now could measure the size of my habit or even guess what my tolerance might be by comparing it to some other opiate. If you're pretty sure your tolerance is relatively
high, i"m betting you're right.

I suggest doing an onsite search on Opana. Maybe you'll find some useful information.

I wouldn't necessarily have a preconceived limit on how long you can last. I lasted 31 hours and
I was very surprised. I used to wake up in WD like you, and it's a nasty way to wake up. But I don't think
it's a fair measure of how you'll feel later in the day. I've found those morning WD"S to be awful. MY experience in stopping the poppy tea for 31 hours wan't nearly as bad as I thought.

You don't want PW. You want to motivate yourself to avoid it by lasting as long as you can. Of course PW won't kill you. You'll definitely get through it. But plain old WD for 24 hours is better than a sudden, severe, prolonged PW.

Just my opinion. Take with 2 grains of salt.