It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:17 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have to take a test for employment, I've done google search, my results are that it will not but perhaps someone here has experience with this exact test (35190N SAP 10-50/2000 W/NIT). I know its a 10 panel test. Most info I find is from 07-10 and I'm under the suspicion bup is tested for more than it was a couple years ago. I found one site with a testing kit for pretty cheap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

From what I could find, here is what it is and what it tests for:

The 35105n is the lab testing code, SAP is Substance Abuse Panel, 5-50 means they test for 5 drug types with a 50ng cutoff for THC, and the w/NIT means they'll also be testing the sample for nitrates (usually found in adulterants).

1. Amphetamine
2. Cocaine
3. Marijuana
4. Opiates
5. PCP
6. Methamphetamine
7. Barbiturates
8. Benzodiazepines
9. Methadone
10. Propoxyphene

I never could find the manufacturer, so I can't confirm any of this information, but I did find this exact same information in several different places now.

BTW, the fact that it says it tests for opiates does not mean it will show positive for Buprenorphine (Suboxone). Buprenorphine will not show up on a regular opiate test, the test has to specifically test for Buprenorphine's metabolites.

If you have quit taking Suboxone and you want a test to make sure it's cleared your system, just google search Buprenorphine Drug Test and you can get them for about $2 each. When I quit Suboxone I had several of the Bupe test strips and tested myself.....it took about 3 or 4 days to get a negative for Bupe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:42 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I recently took a 10 panel drug test for pre employment. Im on sub too. When I got to the testing place I asked if I should let them know what my prescribed drugs were. They said no...you just pee and they call if there is a positive result. They never called and I got the job. If you are prescribed you should probably be alright anyway. Unless you are a doctor or pilot or something ot wont matter. I wouldnt worry. Those 10 panels dont test for bupe.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I got the same results as Romeo:
Marijuana (THC), Methamphetamine, Amphetamine, Cocaine, Opiates, Phencyclidine (PCP), Propoxyphene, Methadone, Barbiturates and Benzodiazepines

The standard opiate panel does not detect bupe as orange doll said. I think it's funny that they test for propoxyphene (aka Darvocet) of all things! It's my understanding that the opiate panel only detects the morphine metabolite, so it would catch morphine, heroin and codeine, but not oxycodone and hydrocodone. If this is true, it's insane. Those are probably the 2 most abused opiates out there. Yet they have a whole panel just for Darvocet?

You will be fine on your test. Good luck on the new job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:38 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks guys, I saw a couple threads along the same lines as this one but in some of them the OP never posted again, which gets me worried that they didn't pass their test. I will report back in a few days. I don't have the pleasure of waiting it out and taking it, its a in the next couple days kinda thing. The thing is if you can get test strips for 2 bucks i dont see what all the talk is about the tests for bup being so $$$ and they wont do them. My buddys wife has to get tested for court on a 15-panel, prescribed sub and they don't test for it, I gotta think it would be BS to test for it for a new job. I'm trying to get clean not get high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:47 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I passed my test, so we have a definitive answer that test '35190N SAP 10-50/2000 W/NIT' will not test for Bup. : )