It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: Pre-employmen
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:17 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Jenn,
You may well feel like you get defensive, but that wasn't displayed here in this thread. You actually held yourself more graciously than I would have. I get someone who is passionate and wanting to clarify, but throwing in a few insults and then minimising the tone didnt sit well with me.
On a different note, I relate to what you were saying, but for me I would describe it as feeling "guilty". Like if something goes missing when it has nothing to do with me. I feel how I would if I was responsible for it.
When I was a child, my cousin smashed by bedroom window accidentally with a doll of mine. Without thinking about it, I took responsibility for it and said it was me. This may sound trivial but I feel as far back as I can remember, I have either felt responsible or "guilty".
Have to go!
Take care jenn, Amy, willow!

Post subject: Re: Pre-employment
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:34 am 

Amy ur awesome, as I tell u all the time...you'll definitely be a wonderful addiction counselor!

Katipo ur exactly right, and I appreciate ur responses. You've become a great member here. I wish I had friends like u in my area. I have one or two ppl from my clinic that I'm friends with outside of that setting but nothing really close....and one of those is someone I've known since I was 16 yrs old. I just ran into him one day and was like no way....first person I ever smoked weed with lol. But I would love to just have more friends that knows what addiction is like. There's a lot of little things that someone who isn't an addict wouldn't ever even realize.

But I just wanted to thank u katipo, ur right about minimizing and thanks for letting me know I wasn't alone. I have a big issue with second guessing myself, like an i overeating, or am I making something out of nothing and taking offense to something that nobody else would. I second guess a lot, I never used to do that. It's crazy to think about how many things have changed with me in recovery. I know my self esteem took a huge hit, that could be why. There's a lot of stuff to work on in recovery that we don't usually think about. Have a wonderful day katipo :) always great to talk with u!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:20 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Does anyone know the answer to the first question on here nobody seemed to have answered it and I'm wondering myself.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dad, there is no definitive answer. It depends on the employer, the drugs of abuse in your area, the requirements of the job or the disability insurer.
In our city the Occupational Medicine Clinics that do the bulk of the screening do not screen for BUP.
The only way to know is to ask the tester what is on their panel.