It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello-

I took 1/3 of an 8mg sub with a glass of grapfruit juice at 6 PM Saturday evening, and again at 9 pm Sunday evening.

I have a pre-employment drug screening tomorrow afternoon with Quest Diagnostics and am wondering if anyone knows if the sub will show up as an opiate on the panel test they are giving me- I am not sure how many panels of a test it is but I know it will not specifically test for Bupe. Just wondering if that small amount (granted taken with grapefruit juice) will show up as an opiate in the test?

Thank you for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

No. 99% the answer is a definite No and you will be fine.

Hope that helps.

I have taken a half dozen different opiate tests both cheek swab and UA and none have showed bupe.

Best of Luck with the new job.

Post subject: Not bluelight
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Another bluelight question....moderators?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:22 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I heard alot of place don't check for suboxone as it is very costly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

suboxone will show up as BUP not OPI on a drug screen. The test to add BUP to the drug panel is an 11 or 12 panel drug test which is expensive. Most of the time the drugs that are tested are the usual 5 to 6 panel.
Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

billsmakemeshout,
The others are correct that most employment testing is done using the cheaper five panel tests which would not show bupe. However, if they are sending you to quest to have your testing done they will most likely do a twelve panel. Reason....This can show metabolites of drugs you did several weeks earlier. Some employers have gotten hip to the folks getting clean for pre-employment testing then after passing the test going right back to using. If the job has any safety hazards it is particularly common as their main objective is keeping accidents to a minimum in the workplace to avoid so many workermans comp. claims. It is far cheaper for them to pay for a more expensive test in the beginning than to hire a person who is a potential danger to themselves or others in the workplace. Accidents are obviously more common when employees are on drugs.

I know all of this information because my cousin is a job placement supervisor. She has a degree in occupational psychiatry. Commonly called workplace psychiatry. She places potential employees in the appropriate position based on their experience. She also orders and sends potential employees to have their pre-employment drug screens.

Point being, I would not take the chance on going hoping it will be a simple five panel then losing out on the job because it is a twelve and the bupe. will show up on that test. There are ways to pass the test, but I am not sure I am allowed to talk about that on this site. Actually there is only one sure way to pass a drug test. If you ask around and do some research you will find the answer. Like I said though, Do not go in hot and take a chance on failing the test.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am in an ongoing treatment program that I have been in since November 2012. I get tested every single week, buprenorphine will NOT show up as a opiate on a drug screen. To test to make sure I am taking my subs, they have a special dipstick they put in the urine to check for it. You will be fine. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

BTW, this test is for at least 10 drugs that I do weekly. I've asked the medication management Doctor and Nurse and they all have told me it wouldn't show up in a drug screen unless they were specifically looking for it. They have both been in the business for a while and have never heard of anyone testing for it for pre-employment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:54 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

billsmakemeshout......are you a Buffalo Bills fan? One here too...sadly. :lol:

This subject is the very thing that brought me to this web site a week ago. I've gotten a lot of encouragement in my thread in the " Stopping Suboxone " forum titled " I Got to Stop ".....I'm worried about a potential random test where I've worked for 9 yrs since another guy was fired last week failing one. From what I've learned if you have a legit RX and they see it in your test, they cannot tell the employer as long as its a legal RX.....medical privacy.

Check my thread. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

stewart1 wrote:
BTW, this test is for at least 10 drugs that I do weekly. I've asked the medication management Doctor and Nurse and they all have told me it wouldn't show up in a drug screen unless they were specifically looking for it. They have both been in the business for a while and have never heard of anyone testing for it for pre-employment.

Stewart...Your first sentence confused me ...and I had to go back and read it twice. When I saw....

BTW, this test is for at least 10 drugs that I do weekly.

I was like...why is he doing 10 drugs weekly and they are making sure he does them?

Then I realized you meant the test was looking for ten drugs, and you test weekly.

Comic relief..

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Haha, yeah now that I re-read that it seems confusing. Should have just edited my first post, you'd have to read both to see what I meant. I am not doing ten drugs (anymore) haha

Post subject: Things are changing!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Last Friday I went to have my yearly physical, pap, and all the 'fun' things us women have to do to make sure we are healthy. Anyhow, I did'nt say anything about being in suboxone therapy, I did'nt figure it made any difference if they knew this info or not because the type of tests I was getting done are more about being healthy in the female area. Well guess what.... Early this morning I got a call from the clinic, it scared me I thought oh no do I have cancer or something? Yikes... It was not about that, it was a nurse asking if I was in Suboxone therapy, I said Yes I am, Why? She said, well we just have to keep your records up to date and your DRUG SCREEN showed POSITIVE for Buprenorphine. I did not even know they were doing a drug screen, I thought they just wanted a urine sample to check for bacteria and such.

So, my point in telling everyone about this is because so many people say bupe does not show up on pre employment drug screen tests and that may be true depending on the type of test they use, but I definately would not take any chances. I was found positive for bupe. and did not even know I was being tested for drugs so I highly doubt they stuck any type of special stick in whatever test they used to see if I Just may be on subs. I was just getting a physical, not trying to prove I am not on drugs to get a job. If you really want the job do not take any chances on taking a drug test hoping the subs won't show up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I thought that unless you were taking mess without RX or taking illegal drugs, I thought that
Testing facility's kept results as pass as long as the two conditions/parameters equal true.

If that condtition/parameter is false then the employer would know. Was that ever true.

Snake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sorry for pseudo...uggg muscle memory. That Means break. Time to go ...hope that made sense.

Snake

Post subject: Re: Things are changing!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thegreatestislove wrote:

So, my point in telling everyone about this is because so many people say bupe does not show up on pre employment drug screen tests and that may be true depending on the type of test they use, but I definately would not take any chances. I was found positive for bupe. and did not even know I was being tested for drugs so I highly doubt they stuck any type of special stick in whatever test they used to see if I Just may be on subs. I was just getting a physical, not trying to prove I am not on drugs to get a job. If you really want the job do not take any chances on taking a drug test hoping the subs won't show up.

The main thing here is this...please read this carefully:

IF YOU HAVE A LEGIT PRESCRIPTION TO SUBOXONE FROM A DOCTOR...YOU CAN NOT BE TURNED AWAY BY AN EMPLOYER FOR FAILING PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING.
Acquiring them on the street is a whole different story...but NO ONE who sees a doctor and gets suboxone legitimately has anything to worry about...this is almost misinformation saying "don't take chances on taking a drug test hoping subs won't show up"...
So what if they do show up?? Doesn't matter if you got a script, so it's not really a concern anyone should have.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

If the original poster was concerned about it showing up then I am assuming they do not have a prescription for the sub. If they do have a script then NO they have no worries. That would be considered discrimination to turn away a potential employee with a legit script and condition. I was posting with the assumption that billsmakemeshout had taken the sub recreationally, especially considering the combo with grapefruit juice he described using. Sorry for the misunderstanding! GeeZ....

Post subject: Also....
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have been in Suboxone therapy for almost three years now. I see a Psychiatrist, Addictionologist. I have a legal script, but I know PLENTY of folks, some on this forum who do not have a legal script and buy their meds on the street. That is why I am trying to warn them to be careful, I would hate to see anyone lose out on a job. I am only trying to help and using common sense tells me a person who takes a little with grapefruit juice on one day then takes a little more with grapefruit juice on another day is likely NOT getting a script from any doctor. They are using the sub recreationally considering grapefruit juice potentiates opiates. The enzymes the liver uses to break down opiates and benzodiazepines are the exact same enzymes it uses to break down and filter out grapefruit juice. Therefore more of the opiates are released into the bloodstream before the liver can filter them out. It is basically called overloading your liver. It can be dangerous. A lot of addicts use grapefruit juice to potentiate their DOC.

Post subject: Re: Things are changing!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

jonathanm1978 wrote:
Thegreatestislove wrote:

The main thing here is this...please read this carefully:

IF YOU HAVE A LEGIT PRESCRIPTION TO SUBOXONE FROM A DOCTOR...YOU CAN NOT BE TURNED AWAY BY AN EMPLOYER FOR FAILING PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING.
Acquiring them on the street is a whole different story...but NO ONE who sees a doctor and gets suboxone legitimately has anything to worry about...this is almost misinformation saying "don't take chances on taking a drug test hoping subs won't show up"...
So what if they do show up?? Doesn't matter if you got a script, so it's not really a concern anyone should have.

Yeah this is true as well, I was just assuming the poster doesnt have a script the way it was worded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i actually got this thread mixed up with another ...for some reason. I was thinking this was papa-something's thread about his job.

Never heard the grapefruit juice thing, but then again, i'm legit and always have been.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi! You mentioned having recently had a urine drug screen that showed you positive for buprenorphine. If I recall correctly, you were only at the doctor for your yearly "well woman exam" & Pap smear. So, I am curious...can you think of any reason your doctor would have ordered this drug screen? I worked for a long time in that particular field of medicine and drug screens were never part of the 'standard' yearly Gyn exam. Urine might be collected for a pregnancy test or to test for urinary tract infection quite often. But seldom for a drug screen unless the patient requested it or was pregnant or trying to conceive, and there had been a history of drug abuse which might be relevant.
In my opinion, it is your right as a patient to be told exactly what testing is being performed on you (or your bodily fluids!) and you should then have the right to consent or decline.
I just can't imagine what prompted that drug screen. Another thing I wonder about is what this test is going to cost you or your insurance company, just money-wise (assuming you have insurance that would cover a seemingly unnecessary, potentially expensive test.)
I think you've brought up something here that could be important for others....firstly, that I think we can no longer count on it being the norm to not have bupe included in drug screens; and secondly, if you have any concerns about having your "private and personal" prescription information and/or drug screen results on your permanent medical records, you're probably going to want to be sure to ask some questions if you're invited to pee in the ole cup!