It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey! day 13 for both of us. I'm so sorry to read that you're having a hard time. I know exactly how you feel that you just don't have time for this!!! I feel so guilty for NEEDING to be lazy. Yesterday and today I feel much better. I left for 4 hours and was DEFEATED! But that's most likely because I had something masking my life before. I agree that its a good thing to feel this emotion! In reality, 2-3 weeks is so short compared to a lifetime. Our kids are probably bored, but they will be okay. Mommy needs time to heal. Just as if you had a cast or needed surgery, you can't feel badly for your body needing some relaxing healing time.

Here I am getting all shrinky, lol. I really hope your symptoms let up soon! I jumped off a much smaller dosage, but my arms are now restless at night, still have to takea bath before bed, still tired, still tossing and turning at night though not nearly as bad, and occasionally I'm in the bathroom. Still not normal there.

Soon we will look back and feel AWESOME & LAUGH at these asshole WDs and opiates!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

musiclover said, "Soon we will look back and feel AWESOME & LAUGH at these asshole WDs and opiates!!!!!"

Well said!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thegreatestislove wrote:
I watched Americas got Talent, I used to think gosh this crap is stupid, yesterday I caught myself smiling and crying watching it. Weird! Anyway, day 11 we will see where this one takes me....

This made me laugh. Yep.. you're right in the thick of it. This lasted for months after I jumped. I found it amusing and it was definitely one of the few upsides the whole process. Hang in there.. it will only get better some some crappy days sprinkled in between the good ones. And of course, I use the term "good day" loosely, a good day is just not feeling too shitty. :wink:

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yep, like you said, not too shitty days here n there then bad again. This is a rollercoaster for sure, but just one of the things I have to get through among other things as well. Ups n downs, ups n downs.

Post subject: Day 14
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:53 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Stomach still crazy, wds still going, another day in this! Hope all are well!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Even though my stomach is still messed up I got up at 5am went outside as soon as the sun came up and have been going all day long. I figured out something to fix my appetite and also control my anxiety, but I don't think I can tell it. Listen to Dr Junig talk about sub withdrawals and what will help then you will know the answer. LOL! Anyhow, been eating everything I can get my hands on. Went to Sonic and stole My Husbands Strawberry Cheesecake Milkshake lol! He said, YES! I knew that would work..... Took the kids to visit their friends today and I also visited my best friend and we talked and laughed for hours. I put on my make-up waxed my eye-brows things I haven't cared about for the past 13 days. Don't feel fabulous but don't feel awful either. Feeling ok. Lee and I rode the four-wheeler all around our property, That was great. Im still pushing on through! Hope everyone is well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Read what Dr. Junig wrote on the homepage about stopping suboxone and the things that people find help them during suboxone withdrawal. On my other post I said watch. Meant read. Sorry!

Post subject: Day 15
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:51 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Another day. Sweats have improved, I can actually sit still without sweat pouring out of me like a river, chills have gotten less intense as well. They still come and go, but are less intense when they do come. Stomach is weird, today it may be ok tomorrow who knows, but that goes along with any opiate wds from my experiences. Things are more amusing to me than while on subs, so that helps keep me pushing through this. I sneeze, that doesn't bother me though, I am still yawning a LOT but I have been paying attention to Lee who has never been an opiate addict and He yawns as much as I do LOL! My eyes get watery, but like the sneezing it is not painful just a symptom.

This is getting easier with time. It does get better. It is definitely a rollercoaster, but manageable whereas full agonist wds are impossible or were for me anyway. I never made it far trying to jump off those certainly not 15 days so Suboxone does help even though the wds from it are longer and send you on ups and downs never really knowing when the bad times will strike, but when they do hit you they are manageable not impossible. So I can't say I am angry at suboxone, I just feel anger more now that I do not have anything masking it over. For me the suboxone and time in therapy with my psychiatrist helped me put my life back in order. I had torn my life apart while on pain pills, constantly seeking and worrying about having enough meds to stay out of wds. Guilt was immense, loneliness was too much, I was a total mess emotionally, mentally, physically, and had no sense of stability in my life. Suboxone and treatment gave me time to fix all of that so I am able to have a Positive outlook on things and I don't feel alone or depressed whereas before the suboxone all those things kept me using. I have had some bad days dealing with this and I have my emotional moments but I find it nice to have emotions real full on emotions again. The anxiety is hard, but it is going to be hard for me as I also have to get off of benzos, I starting using them when I got below the 4mg sub point in tapering because I was having a LOT of anxiety at the end of my taper process so un-fortunately that is another thing I am going to have to deal with, but I am on a very low dosage of benzos and I have been through the wds from benzos a few times throughout my life and find they are manageable when weaned off of properly and they do not last forever within 1 month off them I feel normal again, but I know not everyone is the same. I just thought it was important for me to share that part because I have had some nasty anxiety at times and I do not want to be misleading. My worst anxiety moments have been during times I haven't taken any benzo's so that can blur the lines between sub withdrawal or benzo withdrawal in my situation. Also everyone is different has different life circumstances etc that can either make sub wds seem worse or easier depending on the personal situation and how we feel about ourselves. I believe that can also blur the lines between how hard or easy a person comes through wds from the subs. If you are a person in a bad situation in life with a LOT of stress or you are still feeling depressed or down on yourself because of opiate abuse it will make things harder in wds, whereas if you have a good outlook a good support system around you and feel good about yourself and you are not in any type of distressing situation in life then the wds from subs will feel easier for you. I am fortunate that I was able to go to a Psychiatrist and have therapy for 2 years, so many others do not have that on their side in this. I am also fortunate to have a wonderful support system and so many people in my life who love me so I do not feel alone in this, I receive at least 5 phone calls and 10 texts daily from friends or family who know where I have been and are encouraging me everyday. I know so many others have been hiding their addiction so that may make things seem harder for them when they jump off the Subs. It will be a very lonely feeling not having a support system. I feel very fortunate in a LOT of ways so that helps me to stay positive. When I am having a tough moment in this I have someone to hug me and talk me through it. I have had the help of my wonderful Father and Mother throughout this, they have helped me emotionally and also help with my Children a LOT. If I need someone I know I have support and that helps so very much. Also, knowing how many friends and family I have praying for me and reaching out to me is going to help to keep me accountable on the other side of this. I do not want to let anyone down so that will go a long way in helping me to stay off opiates. Most of all I have the support of my Partner and He keeps me from doing anything that would hinder me throughout this as well. There are so many variables in addiction recovery and abstinence. A persons personal situation in life will play a MAJOR ROLE in whether they are successful or not. It will be a big factor in whether a person stays clean or eventually relapses as well..... So we are all unique and things may go more smoothly for some people and things may seem terrible to others who go through this. It will just depend on your personal situation in life.

Another big help is this forum because as I have said before you can tell the people around you how you are feeling but it takes an addict to know an addict. It takes people like Romeo who have already been through this battle and made it and are doing so well now to give hope and encouragement to people like myself going through it now. People here that give you advice because they have been in your shoes before goes a long way in helping you to be successful. Some would say, You are dwelling on it too much by coming to this site everyday and sharing your feelings and talking about what you are going through, but to that I say No you are getting some good advice and also have an outlet for how you are feeling. You have a knowing that people on this forum have been through the same struggle of opiate addiction and the unique withdrawal process that comes with suboxone discontinuation. It really helps because I would have never known what this was going to be like or what to expect during wds if not for the people here. I may have thought when I had a good moment that wds were behind me then found myself feeling very upset and discouraged when they come back, but having an understanding about what you are going to face gives you motivation to keep pushing through. The wds are going to wax and wane, they are going to take a long while to get through. Understanding that fact helps. The wds do get less intense as time goes along, but nevertheless they do take a long time to get through and I am not through them yet myself. I would say I am at a manageable point in my wds where the symptoms are not as severe and I get little breaks here and there at this point. I believe I have entered the land of Fake it till you Make IT! Pushing through the days helps, being still makes it worse.

That is enough of my ramblings for now. Hope all are doing well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's great to hear that you have such a wonderful support system in place, that helps a lot.

As far as the people who would say that you're dwelling on things too much by coming to the forum everyday, I think your response was good. I'd also add that you have to do what works for you. I think one of the major problems with "recovery programs" is that they try and force their brand of recovery down your throat. I've come to learn that recovery is a highly individual process. Yes, there are some general guidelines to recovery, but the nitty gritty of recovery is very individual. So, keep doing what works for you!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It's so great that you have a huge support system!! It looks like the symptoms are also subsiding, even a little. That can be such a relief.

My husband doesn't understand why I come here either. It's easier for him to not think about it. For us, it's easier to know exactly what to expect and have others either struggling the same way, or have before an have insight.

I hope things continue to improve for you. Good lucj& congrats on 15 days!

Post subject: Musiclover
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Nobody said anything to me about coming to this site, I saw a post where (may have been your post) someone's husband went through this but doesn't want to even talk about it. That is why I said what I did about the way I feel about it personally.

I think it's a great thing. You learn a LOT here and get support as well. It helps me to know what to expect so I don't feel defeated or that something is wrong with me that no one else has been through. Knowing that others have been through all of this and made it is a GREAT encouragement to me.

Thank you for your words of encouragement as well! We are not alone and time heals!

Post subject: Day 16
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Still on this rollercoaster. I hate rollercoasters LOL! The bad times are not as bad. The better times last longer at this point in my wds. Just gotta keep pushing on through. Living in the moment as Romeo suggested. He said something that has stuck in my brain.... "Living in the future creates anxiety, living in the past creates depression. Live in the moment." That has really helped me to remember that when the tough times come. Things do get more and more manageable as time goes along.

I have been getting 5, 6, and last night I slept for 9 hours. I was wiped out from doing everything with my kids all day alone. I have not asked my Dad or anyone to help for the past two days. I feel it is best at this point to lean on myself as much as I can. Getting up and staying busy makes the days fly by plus it helps to keep your mind busy. There will be moments in time where you actually forget about your wds, you get little breaks like that if you stay busy, but you don't ever see those breaks if you are just laying or sitting around. Plus if you are good and tired at the end of the day it is easier to get to sleep. That has been my experience. I know not everyone is the same. I do think it is important though as soon as you feel well enough to get things done, get things done! No motivation? Find some, Music helps me tremendously. I put in my ear buds and get shit done wide opened. Then at night when Lee gets home from work we cook supper and eat then I take a bath and go to bed.

As far as my wds they are at a manageable point. I do not feel too crappy, but I do not feel great either. I still have sweats, sneeze, watery eyes, Emotions run on high whether it be happy, sad, indifferent , mad, anxious etc. They are all very alive! I do have mild body aches, nothing major. I have nothing major to complain about at all. I hope everyone is doing well today. I am going to help my Mom set up her new lap top, did I say I was good with computers? LOL! I am actually and everyone knows it so they always call me for help. That's another thing, if you find yourself without anything to do you could always help someone else, that would be nice for you and the person you help. I'm rambling now.....

It has been rainy here today so I will end with this quote whom I have no idea wrote, but I like it!
"LIFE Is not about Waiting for the Storm to Pass, It is about Learning to Dance in the RAIN!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I usually like rollercoasters, but the Suboxone rollercoaster is EVIL!!! :)

This may sound silly, but I wanted to make sure you understand how astoundingly well you're doing. You jumped from a decently high dose which produces some rather uncomfortable wd symptoms, instead of wallowing around in self-pity, you're on the offensive and you're fighting this bitch with everything you've got. My hat is off to you.

Remember, pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Post subject: Day 17
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:27 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I got some real sleep last night, woke at 8am. Still pushing through and working to stay positive. Determination is Key! Another day on this rollercoaster, but it seems to be slowing down a little so that's great! I will see how this day goes and update later. Hope everyone is hangin in. Have a GREAT day!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You said I am on the Offensive. It reminded me of my Cheerleading Days, I loved it, lived for it. Was co-captain of our squad. Was Head Cheerleader for a few years as well. That was a HUGE responsibility, but Like I said I LOVED it. There were so many times I was injured and in pain, I tore ligaments in my right knee. All kinds of things, but I never missed a pep-rally or game. I also got injured a few times while in Gymnastics for 5 years, never missed a day of practice. Never missed a recital. I pushed through everything then so I can by golly do it now too. Plus I had a part-time job during all of my extra-curricular activities. I got four raises which were pretty much unheard of for a teen working part time. I was a BULLDOG LOL! When you posted that I thought Defense, Defense!!! Offense, Offense!!! It brought back some great memories for me. Funny how a simple word can do that. :lol: Just pushing on through, emotions going full FORCE!!! I have emotions! WOW..... If the darn sweats would leave me alone I would be VERY Glad. Oh well they will leave when they get ready and I will deal with them till they do and that's that! Minor aches and pains, low motivation, but I find some anyway because I don't have time for any self-pity, too many people count on me. I have emotional moments, they pass and I move on. And yes I AM Fighting this bitch with everything I got. I have to! I HAVE no other option. Gotta buck up and be tough! There are lots of people in much worse conditions than myself. I also pray a LOT! God is on my side!!! Just gotta keep going. Ups n downs, but I keep on pushing!

Post subject: Day 18
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:36 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sleep is still hard at times, but not every night. I fall asleep easily, it is staying asleep a full 7-8 hours that I still have some hard nights with. If anything wakes me I have a hard time going back to sleep. My stomach is better, but has it's moments, I do have my appetite again so that is a plus there. Emotions are still in full swing and I am easily cold, or hot. I still have minor aches and pains. My head feels a little weird at times. I yawn, tear, and sneeze. BUT I am Fighting this demon with all I have got. If I can't find a real smile, I fake one. If I have a hard moment I Hold on, they pass. All of my wds are the same, but less intense and manageable. Like I said before, I get little breaks here n there. That shows me where I am going and keeps me going there because that is my destination. Tinydancer said on one of her posts, I think her wd timeline. " It's just a commitment!" That was a very smart statement. It is so true. This is just a commitment. At this point the un-comfortable times are shorter the easier times are getting longer I feel like a bit of a broken record because I have said all of these things already. I just want to be clear, It is day 18 I am still having wds, but I am fighting them and pushing through them rather than letting them control me. I am like GET OFF ME! I don't have time for ya stupid wds. Then I go outside, or jump on the four-wheeler. Last night Lee and I rented movies and got Chinese food. I didn't make it through even the first movie before I fell asleep and in reality that is how I was before opiates. If I get still after a long day of pushing through this beast, un-like any other person who works hard all day I am going to fall asleep, it is normal, if I could stay asleep that would be great, but everyone has told me that takes a long time to get right. Knowing what to expect helps you keep going through it because you know eventually It will change for the better. It just takes time. It takes a LOT of determination. I am hanging and pushing through and Fighting. I am taking my LIFE back.

Hope everyone is doing Great! Another day!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:08 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It seems I wake up a little bit later, I fell asleep around 9pm and woke at 4am so that's 7 hours! Early to bed early to rise RIGHT? I think I mentioned this before, but after waking up every single morning for two years while on subs feeling hung-over and like crap till I took my sub then 45 mins past. and it kicked in, drove me nuts. I knew the whole time it was the suboxone wearing off or just making me feel hung-over every morning, I am happy to wake up and NOT feel that way. I do not feel really good when I wake up because my wds symptoms are still present they seem to be hanging on as hard as I am. I guess I just have to be meaner and tougher than they are, at least that is how I am viewing all of this madness! I feel that the sleep thing is just trying to return to normal after all that time I could sleep 12 hours and still feel like I didn't sleep when I got up. The subs were just bringing me down majorly. I was a suboxone ZOMBIE! I was depressed because of the side effects, that has lifted since I stopped. So that is a plus. Even though I have lost 10 pounds in a little over two weeks, weight I DID NOT need to lose, I still have family telling me "Wow Shaneh, Your coloring is so much better, your eyes don't look tired, You look brighter. Your smiles are so beautiful, they are more genuine." Lee tells me he is noticing major changes in my personality and He feels a closer connection with me as these days go by. He says even though I have my moments at least they are real and He says He can see nothing but good things happening even though I don't feel great. It is definitely an awakening of the mind-body. It is a learning experience that has its rewards and also sucks all at the same time. The rewards keep me going...

Hope all are well! Another day!

Post subject: Day 20
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:32 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello to anyone reading.... It is day 20. Things are getting better and better as time goes along. I have some really normal feeling moments in time then some really clouded moments as well. Not too bad at all I would say. Just sucks a little bit here and there at this point. Anxiety has improved some, I am happy to get breaks from that emotion. I feel things more now, I feel everything more now. I think a lot of it is just getting back used to feeling things, where before I was under a blanket of opiates. If I was touched while on subs or other opiates,I realize now that I just did not really feel it completely for example Lee can run his hand up my back and OMG WHALA moment. That's like the best feeling ever. Hate I missed so many years of being able to feel emotionally and physically all the way! When I am happy I feel it, when I am not I feel that too. Just a little more time for the intensity of actually being able to feel everything again and I will be fine. Just gonna take time and patience. At different times through-out the day I feel different ways. Just depends on when and how at whatever time I am asked.

Sweats here n there on and off but not really horrible like at first and only seem to happen when I am sitting still So weird! I can jog and not ever break a sweat lol! Then I sit still and sweat or get a cold chill. Like I said, WEIRD! But I will take it, that's ok! My stomach is much better, still a lot of gas but I am not running to the bathroom all day anymore.TMI sorry! Then there are the emotions which seem to be getting better and better. I slept 6 hours last night. Sleep is trying to stabilize. I feel that I am getting back into some familiar territory as far as behavior. That is nice to notice! Another day day 20!

Success is THE ONLY option!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey greatistlove,
I have been off subs about a week longer than you, and I can say that my symptoms are still pretty much the same as yours. Sleep is still rough. I go to bed early and wake up early, but at least I am waking without the sub hangover. I used to never feel like I had enough sleep. I didn't really have too much sweating during w/d, but I had massive amounts of sweating while on subs. Weird.

Learning to live with emotions - good/bad/weird/anxiety - has been the hardest for me. I truly did NOT realize the extent that sub was masking my emotions & feelings. I'm getting thru it the best I can.

It sounds like you have some support there, with Lee? That can make a big difference.
Keep updating, I'm trudging along with you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:41 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So happy to see you here again. I noticed your post on the Take a poll thread! I did not participate in the POLL but I did find the post interesting so I responded. What cravings were you talking about Alcohol? Or Opiates or both? I am not having any cravings as of yet and hope I don't. I might have a stray thought here or there but I just don't entertain those thoughts. I switch my thinking to someone or something else. There is just no way I can go back and do this over again, I can't even think about that. Don't want to lol! Hell NOOOOO! I do think one positive aspect for me that is helping me a LOT is that the suboxone was bringing me down and depressing me. Now that I am through the worst of my withdrawals I can feel Happiness and energy spurts I have a feeling of UP rather than DOWN. Yes Lee is a huge help and support. He can make me mad like No one else, but He can also help me like no one else. He has learned a LOT, He is very interested in my recovery. He is So Happy to see me progressing and all the changes from the outside when told to you by the person closest to you is a huge encouragement even when we aren't feeling so great on the inside. I hope that makes sense! I am getting better, he can see it improving where I may find myself feeling worried at times. Like OH when am I just gonna feel normal Geez? Those moments I believe are the most important times to reach out to your support system. Sometimes we just need a reality check Right?

It gets frustrating at times, damn sitting here sweating LOL! I started sweating like a crazy beast day one and they still come when I am sitting down. It is so weird! Like you said, no sweats for you, we are all so different. Our minds and brains are all unique and they can really mess with us at times. I feel like a total wack job these days. LOL! Up so chatty like I am on a stimulant :shock: then kinda muddly cloudy feeling :? AHHHH! Romeo told me to get used to feeling like a NUT for a while. LOL :lol: It's too late I am afraid seeing as I was a fruitcake before I ever took a pain pill. :lol: Damn withdrawals. Hate em! But they are getting better and better as these days go by. Not as intense and like I said in a earlier post, the rewards keep me going.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next