It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

LOL.. this is the person who believes my name is "Carisa", I'm still on suboxone, and that I have multiple youtube videos. You don't seem to have much trouble believing in things without any evidence, Icaras. Anyway, I share your non belief in god but you're just being rude. Your immaturity shines pretty brightly through your posts. Why don't you focus your energy on something else, like say, jumping off suboxone once and for all. Put your big boy pants on and just do it rather than spending so much time spewing your negativity here.

Post subject: Thank you Tinydancer!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I appreciate that post. I also respect your beliefs. I am no judge. I don't expect anyone to believe the way I do. If they do that's cool if they don't that's cool too! The point is we all believe in something Right? Why is it that I have no problem with that and icarass does? Maybe he is angry. He seems sad and angry. I live in the Bible belt and my views on religion do not match up with most of the people here. I am no Holy Roller, I don't believe certain things will send people to hell. I am not perfect. I fall short and that is expected. We are human! He doesn't know me or my color or my social status and that makes him sound stupid to me. Nicer cars REALLY? Well now Since Lee drives a $60.000 truck and we have a nice house around 47 acres of land and four rental houses he built with his own hands and I have a nice car and Lee makes a awesome living running His Own Construction business literally millions of dollars worth of equipment and tools and that it allows me to be a full time stay at home Mom and WE believe in God, lets see how does his logic add up OH and BTW I am also WHITE! LOL It is just funny. Too funny! Also I am not tooting my own horn I wouldn't even tell those personal things if it weren't for proving His opinions are just WRONG! Like I said, I live in the Bible Belt where we live there are so many rich Christians I cannot count them. Most of our Doctors are Christians, Lawyers are Christians, They practice Christianity In our Legal system here. They live in three and four story homes and drive Fancy Cars! So tell me now, How does His logic make any sense? It sure doesn't make any to me! LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:36 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congratulations on Day 23!!! I've been away so I haven't said much, but I'm so impressed that you're doing well!

I was also a cheerleader, and can completely respect the sport & how often we get hurt, fall hard on an ankle or knee, get dropped(rarely), and tear ligaments. All the while hoeing up for the next practice or game, and giving it all you've got! Without pain pills! At least me. I hadn't tried a pain pill until I was 21 years old.

My son is my light and I'm so happy to had had him to get through this! I'm also proud you're making yourself push through and do it yourself! My husband is finally out of his "funk" and realizing how important posting here is for me, and talking about suboxone and how much better we feel now! Our marriage is 50x better. I'm so happy we both have a great support system.

I'm sorry your WD symptoms are lingering, but this will all be done soon. Suboxone IS depressing! And the fact we are clean and healthy and fighting shines such a bright light that if helps kick these WDs' ass!

I also believe that God helps us through these struggles. I'm not a specific religion, but my husband and his family are and I've been taught an awful lot about the bible and gods word. Icaras maybe I'm making a mistake by even talking about this, but you my friend sound incredibly uneducated. I have a few friends who are Athiest and I believe that you have the term itself wrong! God cannot be responsible for the way this world has ended up. Secondly there are many religions who recognize that Hell is not a place that God sends you to out of punishment. It's a term of phrase. The Bible was first created in Ancient Greek which is VERY hard to understand. As it becomes better understood, we as people learn more. You believe what you wish. And we will believe what we wish. I personally believe the reason that there are so many different religions is that people do want so badly to have a connection to their creator and are unsure how or what 100% is fact. Relying on God makes us strong and happy. And I'm sorry for you if you need a luxurious life over strong beliefs. You do not need to be poor to belies in God lol. Nor are "white/Caucasian" people the only race.

God I suppose I could argue for hours about this. But leave your crudeness somewhere else. Who goes a shit what ofhers believe? Obviously you are not strong in your own beliefs if you have to come and argue a point that nobody asked you about. We are all here for the same reason. To live a happy, healthy and clean life. BACK OFF.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:33 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Musiclover, Thank you for the post and for sticking up for peoples personal beliefs. Today I don't really have a lot to say about these withdrawals. I would just be going on and on endlessly saying the same thing over and over at this point. It is the same and I am hanging in there! It is another day and I have a lot of things I have to do today and I just have to push through! Maybe I will be exhausted by the end of this day and get some good sleep. I don't really know. Just another day. The emotions are better. I have a healthy Temper at times. At other times I am just a goof laughing at everything literally everything. I find things so amusing these days. That's a good thing. Other than that everything is the same. My stomach doesn't really hurt anymore but I still have some bathroom running times. Uh tmi sorry! Then there is still the sweating under my pits that still comes and goes. I feel fatigued most of the days. That over-whelming UP feeling has gone away so I am on the down end now. Not depressed, just easily over-whelmed by the things I have to do. I yawn a lot still. I am not really sure why my withdrawals are hanging around where others seem to have gotten much better by this point. I am doing everything that was suggested. They are better just hanging on while I am hanging on.... I guess it is just that I was on opiates for 3 years and Suboxone for 2 years and I jumped from a decent dose and it's just gonna take time. Time time time... Hope all are well and have a great weekend. Day 24 Hanging in and hanging on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:24 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Romeo wrote:
Ummm, nice try, Icaras. But Amy bitch slapped you back to the stone ages....apparently you're the only one who is not aware of that. :lol:

agreed lol! ^^

what a class act! To come to someones thread and demean them for having their own beliefs. Bravo!!

I sure would like to see these scientific studies you speak of. How the hell would someone study that anyway? I mean without targeting people that are known to be well off, and also athiest to conclude a result they were TRYING to find (bias) Like if i wanted to "prove" that scientologist's had better lives and more money i could just use a handfull of celebrities for my "study" and conclude that people involved in scientology had more luxuries in their lives. Anyone can find a result they want to find if they try hard enough!

There is no prof because it is called having faith, icaras (btw was your screen name supposed to be Icarus instead of Icaras?) Faith is believing in something that you cannot prove.

If Atheist's are infact happier than you do not seem like a good example of that yourself.

Personally, i do not consider myself to be of any religion...i take bits and peices from several different religions that i find to be helpful...some things from christianity some from buddhism. I take what i like and leave the rest.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Loved that last post, I laughed out loud reading that! Especially the part where you take what you like and leave the rest... AWESOME! My relationship with God is personal. I do not believe everything I was taught all my life. So I guess like you I take what helps me and leave the rest! lol

Post subject: Thread Snatcher
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:47 pm 

Wow, I thought everyone knew not to talk about religion, politics, or money. The debate would be never ending. If someone wants to talk about such stuff then start a thread in Freestyle and have at it. In the meantime, this thread belongs to Thegreatistlove so let's give it back.

Most of us know about (you know who) and how he starts trouble with his opinions. Just try to ignore him and not even bother to respond to his posts. The good news is that he stated in his last post that he will not return to this thread. So there ya go. This thread is now back to recovery talk.

Congratulations Thegreatistlove, for getting to 24 days. It will continue to get better and better but not overnight as you already know. Recovery from opiates is one of the hardest addictions to overcome and you are doing a great job at winning the battle :!:

By keeping this thread alive and positive, you are showing the world that it can be done. The Sub haters sure don't like people to be successful. You are doing what they cannot. All they do is complain, and complain some more. You are keeping a great positive attitude about it and I say Thank You for doing so. Stay strong and keep your focus on getting better each day.

R

Post subject: Thanks Rule62!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Rule, I really appreciate your encouragement and also your comments about my thread. I do try to stay on the positive and I am bound and determined to come out on the other side of this. Even if I have to crawl out as slow as a turtle LOL! I am pushing and living life and if it weren't for Suboxone I would either be Dead by now or still have my life upside down and inside out until death surely arrived. Therapy and Suboxone saved my life literally and in the present sense. Seeing as I was able to function as close to normally and think as close to normally as possible while I was on Suboxone. I am seeing areas where that opiate had my emotions and physical feelings masked over a bit now that I am off of it, but I couldn't form a decent thought process at all when I was actively seeking and using full agonists. I also would have never made it this far coming off full agonists I can say that because I tried multiple times and failed within 4 to 5 days. So Suboxone is POSITIVE in my eyes. The withdrawals last longer ok I will take it. Got my life back because of it! Period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There are also people who claimed suboxone destroyed their life, so it works both ways here, and you got to be objective about all of this..

Many people go on thinking sub has saved their life, and even took them off their opiate of choice, but when they get off they feel worse off then they were prior to going on suboxone...Some people who get PAWS have them lasting for years, so in that sense they claimed it messed up their life...

Many have also claimed it messed up their relationships, jobs, career, ended up in financial ruins, lost their family, lost interest and basically leading a zombie life..

Taking suboxone is still taking a opiod but legally, staying on it for the long term is just as bad taking heroin daily for many people, and coming off suboxone for many people is a worse life they ever felt..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thegreatestislove said, "I am not really sure why my withdrawals are hanging around where others seem to have gotten much better by this point."

First, you're comparing your wd to others wd experience and that's just not how this crap works. Sorry. :wink:

There are so many variables that affect one's wd experience. Age, mental health, physical health, dose and duration, severity of addiction, current stress levels in their lives, etc. Another variable that's been touched on here before is how some folks experience a more severe wd due to some enzymes or some crap that their bodies produce. I think TearJerker spoke of this a time or two?

Second, you jumped from a decently high dose. High jumpers usually have more intense and longer lasting wd symptoms. When I jumped, I remember feeling like my nervous system was shot to hell. I had the shakes, lightning zaps across my minds eye and periods of anxiety that I thought were gonna drive me up a wall. I think the taperers ease their nervous system (and brains) back into reality during their months and months of tapering while we high jumpers bitch slap our nervous systems (and brains) with a mega-dose of reality all at once and we're pretty much left looking like this guy for a while :shock: ......then we turn into this guy... :evil: .......then we turn into this guy... :roll: (wondering when the shit will end).....then we finally reach Mr. :D or in my case, Mr. 8) !! LOL

Our nervous system and brains probably heal just as quickly as the taperers, but they did it with Suboxone on board and we do it without. Ugh, we're pretty dumb, aren't we? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:43 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Today has been so busy and I felt pretty decent all day. I was able to accomplish a lot as well as having a good time with our friends. We had a get together and cookout at our house today. It was nice to have our family and friends here. It was a much needed distraction. Afterwards I went and visited with a friend who wasn't able to come today and we had a great talk and I felt NORMAL most of the day! It had it's over whelming moments like My house is a Mess from all the food and Kids running in and out from the pool all day long. Instead of letting that ruin my mood I just put on a smile and made everyone feel welcome and thanked them all for coming. Tomorrow I will deal with the mess seeing as I cleaned before our company arrived and I am tired now. So tired.

Romeo, I KNOW that is not how this crap works lol! I just have my moments where I wonder, When is this going to end? :? That guy Yeah! So I am getting there. And I refuse to give up! Thanks for the post!

Post subject: Day 25 Another Day!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:32 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It's all the same but another day! I will see how this day goes along and post later. I hope everyone is doing Great and anyone who may be going through this Is hanging In there!

Post subject: Today was OK!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Another day tomorrow, Moving on along here!

Post subject: Good Morning! Day 26
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:05 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well I feel like things are progressing here. I still have the same symptoms but they aren't as bad and seem to be getting better and better as these days go by. My emotions are leveling off no more Too Ups or Too Downs. Just kind of here, I laugh a LOT these days. People crack me up so easily and that is nice. Laughter is good medicine! I just find myself so amused by things these days, people, places, My Children are Highly amusing to me.. They are a riot! Lee is more interesting. I guess everything is more interesting and that is also nice. Still lacking motivation but I push myself anyway and get things done even if I am slower than I am used to being. Things take more time and effort but I am fighting and feel that will improve as my health improves. I still sweat under my pits here and there Darn Sweats! Oh well it is better so maybe it will go away eventually. I have aches and pains, nothing un-bearable just annoying. Hmmm My mind is much clearer, the clouded head feeling has left. So that's good. Things are getting better! Just pushing on along here. Hope all are well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:33 pm 

Awesome job, GL! Keep up the good work. We're listening!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I was informed today that I never got below 4mgs in my taper. My Psychiatrist told me she knew that because she purposely wrote my script with the intention of it running out exactly five days early during the last few months of my taper because she was determined for me to jump from 4mgs for her own reasons. What she believes is best, and I kept saying taper lower over and over and she was determined that I was not going lower than 4mgs before I jumped. She has several reasons for that. I am on the fence on whether I agree with her about her reasoning. In ways I do agree, but in others I am not so sure! Anyway I just wanted to make that clear as I thought I had decreased my dosage to 2 or 3 mgs but I obviously kept it at a consistent 4 because my doctor said it was always exactly on the five day mark when I would run out and call for my appointment. She said it worked out exactly the way she planned it! She believes in doing that, it kept me on the right track! I know I was cutting those jokers smaller and smaller but somehow someway I did go back up to 4mg despite it. Guess I just didn't realize it at the time! Now I can see where I was taking a smaller dose here and there but kept it pretty consistently at 4mg split into two daily dosages 2mg in the am and 2mg in the pm. I may have taken 1.5 in the am then 2.5 in the pm or visa versa but I never got below 4 so I wanted to clear that up!

Post subject: day 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:22 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Same everything, just another day! I hope everyone is doing great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:41 pm 

Wow! I think that was kind of shitty of your doctor to trick you like that! I don't think the ends justified the means in this case. For me that would bring up major trust issues.

Dislike!

Amy

Post subject: Amy it is OK!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

She just has her way of doing things. She believes her way is the right way just like any other Doctor and she will do whatever it takes to keep it her way. I totally trust her. She definitely has my best interest at heart. She is very nice. She moved here from Europe to be an advocate for Suboxone treatment and here in my area Suboxone doctors are a rare few. For me to have been fortunate enough to have a Psychiatrist is a blessing to me. It cost me out the ying yang, but was so worth it. I paid cash for Her and my meds she only prescribes Brand so you know what that equals. Money and mo money! LOL She has a waiting list three miles long but she never rushed me. I remember asking her at the beginning of treatment, How long do our sessions last? She said, "However long it takes." "No time limit." There were days I was there for two hours. Sometimes I would only be there for ten minutes. She left it up to me, when and how much I wanted to talk. Like I said, She just believes her way is the right way. I have no resentment towards her at all. Honestly and I trust her although I don't always agree with her! A regular relationship. LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:23 pm 

Ok, GL, I'll take your word for it. I just tend to get a little protective of our forum members. :oops:

As long as you're satisfied, I guess I don't have anything to complain about. :)

Amy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next