It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Post-Suboxone Question
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

OK so here is a question for anyone who has already been through the whole WD process. Sorry if it is offensive. I have been off for over 40 days. I feel pretty good except for one thing--my stomach issues continue. They are not all diareha all the time--but I still have a weak stomach every few hours that FEELS like I should go to th bathroom ,etc. Here is the deal. For the past couple of years on Subs I was constantly messed up--basically constipated most of the time. Now that I am off its been nothing but activity. My theory--is it because things were so messed up and now my body is waking up and coming back on line> Or is it still WD symptoms? Any thoughts? And any answers as to how long this goes on? Thanks.

brian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

brian__TX wrote:
OK so here is a question for anyone who has already been through the whole WD process. Sorry if it is offensive. I have been off for over 40 days. I feel pretty good except for one thing--my stomach issues continue. They are not all diareha all the time--but I still have a weak stomach every few hours that FEELS like I should go to th bathroom ,etc. Here is the deal. For the past couple of years on Subs I was constantly messed up--basically constipated most of the time. Now that I am off its been nothing but activity. My theory--is it because things were so messed up and now my body is waking up and coming back on line> Or is it still WD symptoms? Any thoughts? And any answers as to how long this goes on? Thanks.

brian

Nothing offensive about that at all! I mean, lots of us are dealing with this. I'm still tapering but I have a very sensitive system now and, considering what I've heard other people say and the fact that I'm not taking any Immodium, I'm expecting it to stick around a while. I am used to eating pretty much what I want and when I want. No More! I am really trying to eat my own version of 'clean'. Basically, that means lots of fresh fruit and veggies, lean meat, not too much fat or spicey stuff, and very little dairy. Much of this is healthy anyway, so it can only help. If I violate this, I will pay that day or the next, and I get nasty cramping....OUCH! And my stomach will start making the weirdest sounds I've ever heard, like it's alive and letting me know how angry it is at me. I used to just stuff whatever in my face, but now I am always thinking, "How is my system going to handle this?" This entire summer, I think I ate ice cream twice, and I'm the biggest ice cream addict ever.

You may be 40 days out, but that's not even 1.5 months. I'm not surprised your stomach isn't back to normal yet, so try not to irritate it too much. And watch the dairy especially!! Oh yeah, and fiber is your new best friend!!

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I had a funky stomach for quite a while after going cold turkey (6 years on). Give it a little more time. I would guess your stomach will be much more stable in 2 or 3 more weeks.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you both.

Ladder--what a novelo idea. Eating clean! I have been thinking about that. More water, leass junk, etc. And you are right--it can only help. And yeah--lots of fiber. I dont like cereal--but I do like veggies. Great thought.

And Rosetta--thanks for the encouragement. Glad to hear that its just part of the body getting back on track!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Brian,

My stomach issues persisted for a LONG time. To the best of my understanding, our stomachs/intestines are lined with opiate receptors as well. While we were on opiates, we were upsetting the balance of our digestive tract. It takes some time for our bodies to get this worked out.

I waited and waited and waited for my system to normalize, but it never did. I mean I waited like 8 or 9 months!! Finally, another member suggested that I may be lactose intolerant. My mother is lactose intolerant, my brother is lactose intolerant too, so I started taking Lactaid and the difference was like night and day.

I still have occasional issues, but I have figured out that those issues only present when my anxiety spikes.....anxiety or nervousness. I still have some social anxiety issues, so when I go out to eat, my nervousness is at its peak and my stomach usually goes cuckoo in those situations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:50 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Romeo--
Amazing what we put ourselves through and even more amazing that our bodies will get it right if we get out of the way. I think if it wasnt for the stomach issues I would feel fairly normal. Still a bit tired. But the stomach stuff makes me feel weak. I'll be glad when it settles--course I'm only six weeks out lol But I wouldnt trade it for those nasty orange pills ever again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:04 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey Brian,

I'm a month sub free today and I'm also still dealing with this :? Looks like I will be for awhile! I'm not taking immodium either. I want my body to get back to normal on it's own.

:D Congrats on the 40+ days btw, thats awesome!!!

I just had to let it go.
-John Lennon