It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Post Detox Strangeness
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:52 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey everyone, quick rundown. I am just over 8 weeks off suboxone. Things are going great, except for one weird side effect. I have done a ton of research into this, and have only found a few forum posts that have a possible explanation. Around the 3 week mark, I started to notice that my hands were getting clammy on a fairly regular basis. I assumed that it was PAWS related, or just withdrawal. I went back to work, and it persisted. I am a server so having sweaty hands is not only embarassing, but affects my ability to do my job! After doing research, I cold only find two possibilities. There is a disease called Hyperhidrosis that causes excess sweat, but that is a genetic thing, and I have never had this problem in the past. The other, and most likely cause is an overactive adrenaline gland. I do notice that my heart rate increases and I get a little flushed, the feeling you get when in a fight or when a cop is on your tail (old habits). The feeling passes as suddenly as it starts, but it happens A LOT. I didn't know where else to turn, and I am hoping somebody out there has heard of this. Any insight would be appreciated, as I hope this is just a temporary thing.

Side note: I have been checking my vitals daily, and my blood pressure is usually perfect, but my pulse averages in the 110-135 range morning day and night. That seems awfully high, but idk, could be related.

Prodigy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sounds like PAWS to me. My doctor claims it takes 2 years for your receptors to go back to normal. So PAWS is very possible for up to 2 years (i've heard of more, and less). When I quit I get super sweaty. And when I detoxed in jail and got past the worst I still sweated day and night. I tried drawing to calm myself but I could feel my heart beating harder, panic setting in, and sweat pouring. It could be anxiety related also (which could be tied to PAWS). Anxiety can make you sweat and have a high pulse/ blood pressure.

If you didn't have this symptom while on suboxone, I don't see why it would be a disease. But I would ask your doctor about it any way.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If the excessive sweating is started to create problems at your job, there is a solution to this. BOTOX injections at the site of the sweaty area, will help alleviate the sweaty-ness. I know many who get these injections in there armpits to not sweat there so much.

Just an idea, if you are Really bothered by it.

More than likely it will go away along with PAWS , but if it persists, you can consult your doctor about this option.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks for the replys guys. It turned out to be an excess of cortisol and epinephrine, thus causing adrenaline spikes, constantly. Saw an Endocrinologist, and it's sorted out :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Did the endocrinologist prescribe you something, I'm curious? I've been off Suboxone for a good while, but still get sweats. Hate it!!