It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I might have an issue. I have my dream job and I cannot even explain how perfect this job is! However, I went to the doctors today before work. Then, after working my shift, I returned home and realized the suboxone discount card that I thought was either in my pocket or in my car is gone! This means it could have fallen out of my pocket anywhere at work! I had a meeting with the bosses today, was in my office and even visited some clients in the residential setting -which included sitting on their furniture. There are cameras everywhere...so, if someone found this card then they could easily trace it back to me. Either they would pull camera footage and see it falling out of my pocket, people who were around me would suspect it was mind because of seeing me sitting in or around a certain piece of furniture or area or it could be near/in my desk or could have fallen out near my vehicle in the parking lot.

I am very scared because I don't want this job to find out about my medication and thus addiction. They love me there and I am definitely valued and liked personally by all my bosses and coworkers. However, I have only been there 5 months and I am not sure how they would look at the idea of me being "on suboxone". Plus there are nurses and doctors on staff who would know exactly what suboxone is and they probably have negative opinions about it....I know most people who don't know much about addiction are negative about it. I am torn up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:04 pm 

Hi Behavior,
Like you said they love you there. Sounds like your doing a great job.I do understand not wanting them to discover your treatment.
However, do you really think they woukd go to all that trouble of pulling video tape and trying to "catch" the person who had this card? (You).

I can't know what industry you are working in but my guess is you will be fine and life will go as it has .
Just my opinion. Try not to what if it" to the point that your scared of work.
Thoses kind of fears can do a number on ya.

Hang in there, it ll be alright.

Razor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:50 pm 

Hi Behavior, Welcome! Does the card have your name on it? If not, I would look for it and if anyone needs to know about it you can always say that you are concerned about a friend. I do agree with Razor too....I bet they love you and would be happy to know that you sought out treatment and are working on it! Good luck! Please post and let us know how it all works out!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:14 am 

Yeah I'm gonna throw my opinion in here too and say I bet nobody will cause ya any problems...especially if they like u so much. I have a printed out discount card from online that I keep in my purse in case my pharmacy ever needs it. I don't think anyone would worry too much about it. I totally get the worrying though, I'm a huge worryer lol. But I think you'll be fine, I'd just go on about my business and act like nothing ever happened.