It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I started my detox on 7/31 at 6pm... that was my last dose and that was .50 .... I have been doing subs for 3+ years and never exceeded 10 mg but recently got down to doing no more than 1mg for the past month and a half.

Usually I withdrawal hard and fast... and even my mother and boyfriend said wow you are uncomfortable but nothing like opiates or dope.....

My friends keep telling me about this 34 hour mark where the half is and that's when you really start to feel the pain of withdrawing.... I am now 40 hours in.... My first night was not as bad as I thought... I took a hot bath with epsom salt at 11pm and got out and took an ambien at midnight... slept until 4am and then took another hot bath and then took a half of ambien...that gave me another four hours... I do not want to become dependent on ambien... but I do want to sleep as much as possible during this painful stage... and I will switch to melatonin.....

So I am day 2... the worst has yet to come right???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:25 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

clonadine is supposed to be good for sleep and less habit forming. Not sure if you can become dependent on it or not, but Romeo from this board said he took it for a month or something and had no problem coming off.

Neurontin is what i took for the acute withdrawal and it worked really well. Its not supposed to be habit forming either, but I've read people on the web say they had withdrawal when coming off it. But I think you'd have to take it for a while before that happens.

If you have insurance or can get to the doctor you could ask about those, they might be better than using Ambien. Ambien is just for sleep right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I should have included that! I can not take clonidine because I am already on a blood pressure med that I went on at like 16 due dangerously high blood pressure readings, my dad started at 21, my mom at 27 and my brother at 18... so it was in the genetics, so I can't take clonidine because my blood pressure will bottom out.

I am thinking if it stays like this I wont need to get prescribed anything as I can deal with multiple baths, sleep aids and blahness!?? Just was curious if anyone just had an easier time coming off... usually my body goesour into battle attack with itself only hours after not having a dose... I am approaching 48 hrs and feel okay.